• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno: Talk of the Show

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
So true. How short some of our memories are. Thanks Albakos.

Of course, that summer was epic in itself, as the genius of Arsène managed to persuade Sanchez, Ospina and Debuchy to come here, all while being a badass in Brazilian beaches

wenger5.jpg

say yes

forum master baiter
So true. How short some of our memories are. Thanks Albakos.

Wait what the ****? :lol:

Do people actually think the summer of 2014 was better than this one?

We lost Sagna and replaced him with ****ing Debuchy. We needed a quality GK and instead signed a pointless Colombian backup who didn’t get a minute in the league until January and was replaced by Cech in May.

We didn’t sign a CF again. We didn’t sign a DM again. Those weren’t small issues - Giroud / Welbeck was a tragic strikeforce and do people even remember Flamini? We had to recall Coquelin from Charlton just to save our ****ing season.

Our other signings were Chambers and Welbeck. Rate them both personally but neither improved our first team and most of you think they’re too rubbish to even be squad players.

Nostalgic madness to think that was a great window. One swallow (Sanchez) doesn’t make a summer. We could and should have won at least one league title in that period but Wenger thought that if he signed a single decent player he could continue to wilfully neglect the rest of our squad.

Delighted that the new management team are finally improving the team with the sensible signings we should have been making years ago.

say yes

forum master baiter
As for Leno - don’t really understand how anyone could be miserable about this.

Replacing Cech was probably the summer’s biggest priority and Leno manages to do that at a very tasty price.

We were never signing Oblak or Alisson.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Wait what the ****? :lol:

Do people actually think the summer of 2014 was better than this one?

We lost Sagna and replaced him with ****ing Debuchy. We needed a quality GK and instead signed a pointless Colombian backup who didn’t get a minute in the league until January and was replaced by Cech in May.

We didn’t sign a CF again. We didn’t sign a DM again. Those weren’t small issues - Giroud / Welbeck was a tragic strikeforce and do people even remember Flamini? We had to recall Coquelin from Charlton just to save our ****ing season.

Our other signings were Chambers and Welbeck. Rate them both personally but neither improved our first team and most of you think they’re too rubbish to even be squad players.

Nostalgic madness to think that was a great window. One swallow (Sanchez) doesn’t make a summer. We could and should have won at least one league title in that period but Wenger thought that if he signed a single decent player he could continue to wilfully neglect the rest of our squad.

Delighted that the new management team are finally improving the team with the sensible signings we should have been making years ago.
Debuchy was a good signing and played well for us until he got that shoulder injury.

Strikers were few and far between. We couldn;t get what we wanted and everyone was ridiculously priced.

The DM was a problem though.

Honestly this summer signings are very average.

34 RB - average
Struggling Dortmund CB - average
Bern Leno, until recently everyone on here wanted us to avoid him - average

Torreira is only decent signing so far and even he comes with question marks imo. The window so far seems to have lacked a plan, just us throwing a couple of low ball offers around Europe hoping something will bit, and what bite is what we got.

Luckily we have Auba and Özil still at the club so its not all doom and gloom yet.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

34 RB - average

Torreira is only decent signing so far and even he comes with question marks imo. The window so far seems to have lacked a plan, just us throwing a couple of low ball offers around Europe hoping something will bit, and what bite is what we got.

Luckily we have Auba and Özil still at the club so its not all doom and gloom yet.
Who were you hoping for?

Seems some on this forum won't be happy unless we sign Messi and even then they'd be moaning "Too light weight", "Cheap man's Jack Wilshere"

Realistically, no UCL, transition phase. Who can we get this season? Let's not pretend we have billions to splash out here.

Who were you hoping for?

Seems some on this forum won't be happy unless we sign Messi and even then they'd be moaning "Too light weight", "Cheap man's Jack Wilshere"

Realistically, no UCL, transition phase. Who can we get this season? Let's not pretend we have billions to splash out here.

Yeah okay mate. I was hoping for Messi. You got me there. What a reply! Also 1000th reply like this I get for saying it has been average window. FFS.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Yeah okay mate. I was hoping for Messi. You got me there. What a reply! Also 1000th reply like this I get for saying it has been average window. FFS.
All I am asking is who you expected. Talk about being a sensitive little b****

You made a claim. I'm asking you to give reason to it. No need to have a hissy fit about it. Maybe lay off the cocaine and you won;t be such a fecking prick.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I think summer of 2014 was better as we got some established players
Sanchez, Welbeck, Ospina , Debuchy and Chambers

Although not all of them succeeded, after winning the FA Cup in 2014, there was a feeling that this is it, we meant real business from then on.

tbf only one of them succeeded here and then cried off to Utd. Welbeck has had his moments but spread over 4 years the return is pretty poor. Ospina, good No2 but nothing more. Chambers? We'll see, I think he'll be gone this summer, Jan or next summer.

TheArsenalis

34 RB - average

Whatever the case maybe. We have strengthened the areas that strengthening. Thats better than the last paat 5 seasons when whats needwd was so bloody obvious under Wenger.

I don't know what you want. But we are work in progress. Maybe arsenal should a sign outside the emirates saying work on progress then maybe some of you will understand what is taking place.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Whatever the case maybe. We have strengthened the areas that strengthening. Thats better than the last paat 5 seasons when whats needwd was so bloody obvious under Wenger.

I don't know what you want. But we are work in progress. Maybe arsenal should a sign outside the emirates saying work on progress then maybe some of you will understand what is taking place.
Huge denial in the fanbase at the moment. People actually expecting us to go straight into a title challenge are in for a shock. Regaingin a top four spot is much more difficult than in previous years.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think summer of 2014 was better as we got some established players
Sanchez, Welbeck, Ospina , Debuchy and Chambers

Although not all of them succeeded, after winning the FA Cup in 2014, there was a feeling that this is it, we meant real business from then on.
Then you know what we did the next summer. Absolutely ruined everything, I'm a firm believer that things could and should have gone very differently from that point on.

In a parallel universe we push on from that window and beat Leicester to the league. That summer was one of Wenger's biggest errors in judgement.

Dj_sds -

Then you know what we did the next summer. Absolutely ruined everything, I'm a firm believer that things could and should have gone very differently from that point on.

In a parallel universe we push on from that window and beat Leicester to the league. That summer was one of Wenger's biggest errors in judgement.

Wanted him out ever since. Will never forgive him for that.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

Agree on that.
Wenger "tried" to rectify his glaring error of not getting a midfielder, by signing Elneny early in January, but then kept playing Flamini and then only gave Elneny his first start in March at NLD.
It is a shame that we missed in that season, as all other big teams were in transition/hibernation phase.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
While I haven't been watching the Bundesliga in the last couple of years, I failed to find videos of mistakes made by Leno other than that missed kick as some people say.
In fact, I don't think this guy makes as many howlers as Neuer does, who sometimes plays like he's braindead.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane
Top Bottom