• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno

Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
Just goes to show how inevitable it is for a goalkeeper to make a mistake. It's an unforgiving job.

De Gea has dropped several clangers for Spain now, something about it clearly gets to him mentally because he looks like a completely different player.

****ing annoying tbh. Can’t have Real Madrid being put off. Sick of watching him win United 20 points each season.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
In general every player plays worse for the national teams. It's just more noticeable with the gk, because their mistakes lead to goals

nick gould

De Gea has dropped several clangers for Spain now, something about it clearly gets to him mentally because he looks like a completely different player.

****ing annoying tbh. Can’t have Real Madrid being put off. Sick of watching him win United 20 points each season.
I think the thing with him is that United defence is sh@te so he is busy making saves. Spain is dominant and he is only required to make one or two saves or not make any at all. He gets bored watching others shine. He is the kind who would rather have a ****e defence and rescue them all the time.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Plays for a much worse team and defence tho. Watched them against Bayern in the cup and they were letting Bayern take quality shots from dangerous positions, and unsurprisingly let 6 goals in.

Does anybody got xG numbers for Leno compared to other top keepers?
According to some numbers guys I follow, Leno underperforms on xG too, probably owing to some of his errors.

I'd like to look into Leno a bit more. I remember him being touted as highly promising and he looked pretty good a couple of years ago. If he arrives here as our new #1, it will be interesting to see precisely why.

neimad

Hehe it had to happen.
To be fair he's one hell of a keeper but he's still miles off to Neuer.

Neuer does not make such mistakes, especially in big games he's at 100%.

There's **** ups in every keeper. I would agree there must be less in Neuer as the first clip was taken when Jesus was still in shorts.

I think Leno is the best we can get without spending a lot. The likes of Allison and Oblak would cost too much for us so we need to make do. There's clangers in this guy but I've lived through Almunia, Richard Wright, Bartram, Taylor, Poom, Mannone and Fabianski breaking my heart on a regular basis. I can't even remember what it feels like to have a solid keeper anymore.

Having said that I have high hopes for the Portuguese lad coming up Joao Virginia. Looks quality....but then again I've lived through this guy so everyone's an upgrade in a way.

daily+mail+gay+yorkie+miniature+yorkshire+terrier.jpg

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I would love to first test Juve with a €22m Plus Add-ons bid for Wojciech.

With potentially Italys #1 in the bag & a rebuild job on could be attractive.

No idea how well settled in Turin he is or pleased with the new battle after sitting out a year.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Really didn't think we would sign a no 1. keeper after Cech getting the number 1 shirt.

Pleasant surprise, welcome Leno!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I would be happy if we can add another young CB and good winger. Sound greedy but if we get enough funds we should do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom