• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Big Sam Allardyce

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 143
  • Views 3,999

alboots101

Established Member
Re: Allardyce - Often got the better of Arsenal's Arsène Wenger

so **** big sam then..how the **** did you leave the magnificent 7 out.

Papillon..books better.

Enrico is cool.

Sam then..oh yeah...**** him.

Thomas crown..best chess match ever.

Uncle Mike

Established Member

alboots101 said:
so f**k big sam then..how the f**k did you leave the magnificent 7 out.

Papillon..books better.

Enrico is cool.

Sam then..oh yeah...f**k him.

And Faye Dunaway, still looks great. Face it, if they remake the movie and Rene Russo plays "you," that's quite the tribute.

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member

Meatwad said:
Allardyce admits he relishes playing mind-games in a bid to outwit his rival Premier League managers

Suppose it's all he's got left once he gets past the fact that he can't get his own teams to play football.

outlaw_member

Established Member

alboots101 said:
so f**k big sam then..how the f**k did you leave the magnificent 7 out.

Papillon..books better.

Enrico is cool.

Sam then..oh yeah...f**k him.

Calm down, dear. I was going to mention The Magnificent Seven but McQueen was more prominent in the other films. Yul Brynner is the true star of the seven gunslingers.

Uncle Mike

Established Member

Just occurred to me, this year is the 50th Anniversary of that film. It was released October 23, 1960.

Brynner. McQueen. Coburn. Bronson. Dexter. Even the kid, Buchholz. They're all gone now.

Except for Robert Vaughn, and he's remembered far more for "The Man From U.N.C.L.E." (His partner, David McCallum, is still bringing down bad guys on "N.C.I.S." Guess he likes abbreviations.) And Eli Wallach, who played the villain.

Interesting, how this thread has been sort of hijacked in such a way that it will be the only way the words "Allardyce" and "Magnificent" will ever look right on the same page.

alboots101

Established Member

nice info Unc. as ever.

postman pat is better than fireman sam....imo.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
erm, no, your negative non-football tactics killed football, you fat plonker..

<a class="postlink" href="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/933728/west-ham%27s-sam-allardyce-says-margaret-thatcher-killed-football?cc=5901" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... ll?cc=5901</a>

so i guess he just wants to blame someone who hasnt been in charge of Britain in the past 20 years now? blaming her for English players not being good enough? what was England's excuse for the 25 years before that when they won nothing?

:bash

Juicy

Surprisingly, I actually agree with him. Hopefully this won't get too political but in my view Thatcher did some horrible things to the social state of Britain and this is certainly one of them.

He's still a **** though.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
again, what was the excuse for the previous 2 decades then?

the simple fact that not enough English players have the true talent that their continental or South American brethren have has nothing to do with politics.

Allardyce is just looking for reasons to matter again, which managing in the Championship doesnt allow for him

Uncle Mike

Established Member
Thatcher isn't solely to blame, but the things she did didn't help.

At least as much blame has to fall to the kind of philosophy that produced managers like Allardyce.

Also partly to blame is the media. Maybe they should stop slobbering over England's chances at every damn tournament, so that the players don't have such outrageous press clippings to believe.

There's one more thing to consider: The sport has NOT been killed. In some ways, it's been "ruined"; in other ways, it's as good as ever.

As Bill Veeck said about baseball, this sport must be a great game, because the owners haven't yet found a way to kill it. He also said, and I'll say it about this sport, too: It's a children's game that adults only tend to mess up.

viper_001

Established Member
Allardyce has no right to talk about what is killing English football when he employs tactics like this.

2832069994-24012011112020.jpg

Time wasting, hatchet-man hoofball is what is killing football. Allardyce's specialty. It starts from the top flight and trickles down to the lower leagues, youth clubs, down to random people playing 5 a side. When people like Pulis and Allardyce make that brand of football popular, it's going to find use.

cuban

Established Member
is this guy for real? I'm not very educated on this matter as I'm foreign...so I don't know about all these steps her government took over years and policies they adopted...but does he seriously blame her for the fact that kids are less healthy, generally unfit and not into sports as much these days? because in that case the Iron Lady had a pretty global influence on human society...as this is the same in vast majority of countries...

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
cuban said:
is this guy for real? I'm not very educated on this matter as I'm foreign...so I don't know about all these steps her government took over years and policies they adopted...but does he seriously blame her for the fact that kids are less healthy, generally unfit and not into sports as much these days? because in that case the Iron Lady had a pretty global influence on human society...as this is the same in vast majority of countries...

In fact Thatcher, along side Reagan, had a global influence on western society, with their neoliberal doctrine that transformed economy and social politics with great effect.

It's a complicated matter but in general their politics resulted in decay of social benefits and total lack of government activity on the fields of economy (ie investment...) and introduction of ''free'' market as a global economic authority.

So strangely I agree with Allardyce...

cuban

Established Member
nah...you can't be possibly saying that their politics resulted in fact that we now have fat kids not interested in sport...there are plenty different reasons yes.. but not many of them have anything to do with politics to be fair...

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Don't take his word literally but look at a bigger picture. Tachers reforms did directly effect common people with lowering standards in educational sector which was a result of lesser financial support from the government.

For example, an underpayed and overworked teacher will have a lesser pedagogial effect on a child and that can reflect on a number of fields, from his development as a person to his educational standards (ie not reaching his potential)

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
Maggie killed many things and football was one of them.

"Since Margaret Thatcher stopped teachers being paid extra money for coaching sports after school, all sporting activities have diminished on a competitive basis.

"Kids are now more obese and unfit than ever. All the prime young athletes we were ready to develop just aren't there, so we get a lesser quality of player.
Hear, hear.

cuban

Established Member
Beksl said:
Don't take his word literally but look at a bigger picture. Tachers reforms did directly effect common people with lowering standards in educational sector which was a result of lesser financial support from the government.

For example, an underpayed and overworked teacher will have a lesser pedagogial effect on a child and that can reflect on a number of fields, from his development as a person to his educational standards (ie not reaching his potential)

I don't see how that has anything to do with sport or football...

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom