• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bobby Pires Poll

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 147
  • Views 4,470

What should we do about Bobby?

• Let him keep diving as he scores loads

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get him sorted out with a warning

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Been thinking alot about this and having a few arguements with people about this situation.. here goes... should we let bobby pires keep diving because he scores lots of goals or should we get him sorted out ..

personally i feel that diving is the worse thing to happen in the sport and i dont think he deserves to play for arsenal because he uses tactics like that,

i wanna hear ur views to see if ur gonna contradict urselfs by saying that we should let pires keep diving because he scores goals .. in that case we shouldnt moan about rvn diving because he scores goals by using the same method...

bobbypires

Established Member
Do you really think he's a diver like VanNistelrooy? Incredible, girl. One against Pompey and maybe 2 or 3 more and now all this crap?

Sigun

He NEEDS to stop diveing because we all know is better than that and dosent need to dive.....

My only worry is that Pires feels himself that he cant give %100 anymore due to his age...or hes been feeling it abit off......and results to diving as a last resort....

....this could also be the case with RVN aswell....you know he had that bad patch last season, and now we call him ruud van Diverooy.

I may have gone a bit OTT on this, and maybe should not have gone as deep ...Thoughts?

(dont get me wrong!! Pires is my favorite player)

A

Anonymous

bobbypires said:
Do you really think he's a diver like VanNistelrooy? Incredible, girl. One against Pompey and maybe 2 or 3 more and now all this crap?

ok how about u start watching everything? and not only the things u want to see, every1 knows for a fact that bobby dives loads lol and if they deny it then im ashamed to know you :)

efurze

Bob doesn't dive much. A lot of it is because he doesn't want to hurt his knee again.

Xanshin

I feel the need to bring up the important point of his injury. He backs out of 50-50s now after it. He didn't sive nearly as much before it, but he tries to protect himself, which sometimes comes off as diving.

Portsmouth last year was the exception, as it was criminal. He did also do a pathetic dive against Ajax today too...and to be honest he's just as bad a RVN...

Do I feel he needs to stop? Yes. Do I see his reasoning for it? Yes. You can't just say "STOP DIVING" because he had a horrific injury which made him miss a World Cup and the title run in in what would have been his best season for the club. He's a fantastic asset to the club, has bags of talent, so I say let him get on with his game. At the same time, some of you may or may re-call that RVN had a terrible injury earlier in his career too...so they're very similar in that way.

bobbypires

Established Member
He's protecting his knee. Nothing more. There are dives and DIVES. Can you see the difference? There's an article about this. I'll try to find it tomorrow.
Pires doesn't dive and it's not a thing I don't wanna see. Watch a match of La Liga and you will understand me. Real DIVES here, dives like RVN's.

Adam

Established Member
It's more of a case of 'he goes down too easily' rather than diving.

That is not cheating. It is winning a free kick when you have been hampered by an unothodox challenge that effects the potential outcome of the dribble you were making, or the movement. He always does this. Apart from Pompey (and i know there was contact at a high speed) he doesn't go down without contact enough for us to call him a diver.

See Kewell, Ronaldo, Neville, Scholes, Ruud Van Nistelrooy, and Owen - they are just as culpable.

I believe Pires is given the name more because he is very effeminate in demeanour, and is also French (i remember the honest Englishman Phillips doing a far worse dive that weekend we played Pompey...and guess what? No coverage). This alienates him, and makes him more susceptible to these jibes.

He could stay on his feet more, and be more aggressive - as he was in 01/02 (before injury) when he never went down. We can only presume it is a lasting mental effect of the long term injury, as it did not happen before. His mentality is less aggressive, and his going down easily is an extention of that. Imagine you do not go in as aggressively - you are not putting as much strength into the physical confrontations, and therefore you are more likely to lose balance - rather than win the confrontation and stride away.

This is explaining, and not making excuses.

Xanshin

Like I said...if you're gonna use that excuse for Pires...you have to use it for RVN too...because he had a terrible injury too.

I'd say RVN does it more to cheat, but I'm sorry...Portsmouth last year was not protecting his knee, neither were several other dives that he has attempted...

A

Anonymous

well said ur arse... rvn does the same hes had a horrific injury before he went to man utd so give hima break too yeh? oh w8 he doesnt play for arsenal he cant get away with diving ... u make me sick

AFCG7

Established Member
Well he has said already that the reason he doesnt stand up to some challenges is because of the serious injury he had , and is scared of getting hurt badly again.

bobbypires

Established Member
Xanshin said:
Like I said...if you're gonna use that excuse for Pires...you have to use it for RVN too...because he had a terrible injury too.

I'd say RVN does it more to cheat, but I'm sorry...Portsmouth last year was not protecting his knee, neither were several other dives that he has attempted...
Like I said, there are dives and DIVES (Pompey or Valencia - every player woud do the same in that game-). RVN's dives are very obvious, mate.

Xanshin

It's true. The amount of hypocrisy on these boards is awful at times.

RVN is a cheat...but Pires is just protecting himself...

Maybe they're both cheats...maybe they're both protecting themselves.

People on here though generally refuse to talk logic about any non-Arsenal players. There was a topic where someone was saying that RVN is Holland's worst striker ever...and that scoring 30+ goals a season from inside the box is not a talent (despite hardly anyone being able to do it).

bobbypires

Established Member
I don't wanna argue, Scottish Lass. I'm still part of your fanclub indeed. You have your point of view (wrong :D ) and I have mine (right :p ).

Allyboy

Established Member
Actually RVN has done more than diving, he has tendancy to elbow people in the face (Legwinksi), get players sent off by over reacting (Vieira) and punching people in the stomach (Freddie).

However regularly Bobby may or may not hurl himself to the floor, he cannot be accused of any of the above!

Sigun

Xanshin said:
It's true. The amount of hypocrisy on these boards is awful at times.

RVN is a cheat...but Pires is just protecting himself...

Maybe they're both cheats...maybe they're both protecting themselves.

People on here though generally refuse to talk logic about any non-Arsenal players. There was a topic where someone was saying that RVN is Holland's worst striker ever...and that scoring 30+ goals a season from inside the box is not a talent (despite hardly anyone being able to do it).

I have to agree with this guy too, there's logic in his post.

A

Anonymous

Scottish Lass said:
Been thinking alot about this and having a few arguements with people about this situation.. here goes... should we let bobby pires keep diving because he scores lots of goals or should we get him sorted out ..

personally i feel that diving is the worse thing to happen in the sport and i dont think he deserves to play for arsenal because he uses tactics like that,

i wanna hear ur views to see if ur gonna contradict urselfs by saying that we should let pires keep diving because he scores goals .. in that case we shouldnt moan about rvn diving because he scores goals by using the same method...

what a stupid post, the others are ***** footing about because your a girl and they have never got laid before, but since i've got a stunning bird and hence not looking for any i can be frank with you.

Pires does not dive certainly not often enough to warrant a post on it. He took a semi dive against Portmouth and nobody wants to forget it, leave him alone he's a class act he gives his all and off the pitch you couldnt wish to meet a nicer guy.

You do not need to label him as we label Van horseface jeffers, he's not in there league when it comes yto diving, if Pires's diving really bothers you how come you have not mentioned it before, also i'd like another example of when he took a fully fledged dive to outright cheat, as Ruud Van.... does at every oppotunity, as for Ruuds ability as far as i m concerned he is the best finisher inside the box that there is.

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom