• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Borja Mayoral

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Arsenal fans are snobby. This guy at least looks like a proper striker who hits the ball with his laces and a finisher. He's scored goals at a decent rate wherever he's gone and he's just gone up a level. Looks like he has plenty of pace too. He'd come here to be striker. People point to him being 26 but Diego Costa only really started looking like a real top striker when he was 24-25. 12 goals in 18 games is impressive in the modern game. Only averaging 1.9 shots per game, so if you give him more chances maybe he's even more prolific. He could be what we need because we do need a finisher. 4 man of the match awards this season too.

Four of those goals are penalties.

Also, Lucas Perez sends his regards.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Like, it's all fine memeing this now, as it really seems like it's just not real.

But signing another guy who consistently can't get into double digits for goals scored in league play is just not what this team needs.

Especially not at that price.

I just don't see us signing anyone at this position until the summer.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Like everyone else no idea how good or bad this guy is.

Usual people talking about XG while slamming Giroud (who had a good goal per game) ratio as worst Arsenal striker ever…clearly they missed out on the days of Christopher Wreh and Luis Boamorte…

At 25m-28m all he needs to do is be better than Eddie or at least offer something different. Seems like decent in the air and the number of easier headers we miss is headache inducing. Unlikely to ever be our number one anyway

Won’t cry if we miss out, won’t be calling a parade if he joins. Need to see in real life

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Arsenal fans are snobby. This guy at least looks like a proper striker who hits the ball with his laces and a finisher. He's scored goals at a decent rate wherever he's gone and he's just gone up a level. Looks like he has plenty of pace too. He'd come here to be striker. People point to him being 26 but Diego Costa only really started looking like a real top striker when he was 24-25. 12 goals in 18 games is impressive in the modern game. Only averaging 1.9 shots per game, so if you give him more chances maybe he's even more prolific. He could be what we need because we do need a finisher. 4 man of the match awards this season too.

We cannot use decent we need quality if we are serious. while i know that the striker market is very poor.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
We cannot use decent we need quality if we are serious. while i know that the striker market is very poor.

That's the thing, maybe we are looking for the guy who's about to blow up and have to take a few risks. No one was wishlisting Salah and Mane before they went to Liverpool.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
That's the thing, maybe we are looking for the guy who's about to blow up and have to take a few risks. No one was wishlisting Salah and Mane before they went to Liverpool.

Salah is still weird for me, remember watching him at Roma and thinking it's a very average player who relies on pace and space to run into. Never thought he would be a 30-40 goal a season player

Tell.

Read one page of this thread & can see the usual copium sellers talking up a guy they knew nothing about 48hrs ago :lol:

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Bobbi what’s Spanish for Mayo?

I read we’re structuring a Pepe type deal, over paying for him in order to pay over time instead of an upfront lump fee.

Looks like FFP has hit us hard.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I read we’re structuring a Pepe type deal, over paying for him in order to pay over time instead of an upfront lump fee.

Wonderful news!!

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yep we are fvcked without selling. This guy has 20 million euro release and we can’t afford it. We probably offered some get him now pay later plan

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Yep we are fvcked without selling. This guy has 20 million euro release and we can’t afford it. We probably offered some get him now pay later plan
He can’t keep getting away with this.

Binning players he doesn’t like/that doesn’t fit his completely inflexible system, without getting any money for them.

Blaming lack of quality of current players/squad, which he is very much responsible for together with Edu.

Signing new players that are of equal quality or worse, using deals that will come back to bite us further down the line due to lack of/bad selling.

Guess what happens a year from now when we’re still paying off Brentford and Getafe…

Shiny new toys syndrome deluxe.

Decent to good coach (still questionable w regards to working with existing assets), but absolute cheque book fraud of a manager.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
He can't be any worse than Donkai or Eddie, and his comp didn't look as bad as people here are making out once you got past the 40sec mark. Bring this bricklayer in for depth and we can still go big in summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom