• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Borja Mayoral

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
That's the thing, maybe we are looking for the guy who's about to blow up and have to take a few risks. No one was wishlisting Salah and Mane before they went to Liverpool.

Salah is still weird for me, remember watching him at Roma and thinking it's a very average player who relies on pace and space to run into. Never thought he would be a 30-40 goal a season player

Funnily enough I remember watching Brazil v Egypt at London 2012, Neymar was playing for Brazil and Egypt were 3-0 down at half time.
They brought on Salah in the second half and his pace and dribbling was astonishing, completely turned the game. Egypt suddenly went from looking like lockdown Arsenal in the first half to 2003-04 Arsenal in the second, like somebody had just turned the speed of the game up on FIFA.
Salah scored one, they missed a load of chances and I think Brazil held on to win 3-2, I can still remember 1) thinking how the hell doesn‘t this bloke start? and 2) the commentator announcing he had agreed a deal to join Basel ‘next season’ for £1m.
I also remember really liking the centre back, Hegazi, who later turned up at West Brom, largely because he was like a David Luiz clone, big hair, recklessly aggressive and very good on the ball.

Last edited:

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Grasping at straws to find something positive here. One thing he does have in comparison to Nketiah and Jesus is he actually seem to outperform his xG pretty consistently.

King87

Kai's having the time of my life

Silence is deafening! Nobody is coming and rightfully so imo

Hopefully Kai gets back to goal scoring form which is more likely at this point tbf

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
He can't be any worse than Donkai or Eddie, and his comp didn't look as bad as people here are making out once you got past the 40sec mark. Bring this bricklayer in for depth and we can still go big in summer.

If FFP has hit us this hard, I can't see us going big in the summer for a forward and a CM. Not to mention that we'll 100% go for another defender, as usual.

Kai will still be here. Jesus as well.

Even if Eddie goes, I think it gets a bit crowded.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He can’t keep getting away with this.

Binning players he doesn’t like/that doesn’t fit his completely inflexible system, without getting any money for them.

Blaming lack of quality of current players/squad, which he is very much responsible for together with Edu.

Signing new players that are of equal quality or worse, using deals that will come back to bite us further down the line due to lack of/bad selling.

Guess what happens a year from now when we’re still paying off Brentford and Getafe…

Shiny new toys syndrome deluxe.

Decent to good coach (still questionable w regards to working with existing assets), but absolute cheque book fraud of a manager.

Fully agree. We had backed himself in a corner and it has come quicker than I expected. He has to prove he can coach himself out of this. I think he will sell nketiah and esr to buy. But we will be here in 12 months again when he can’t sell again and that’s when selling Saka to back Arteta will start

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
If FFP has hit us this hard, I can't see us going big in the summer for a forward and a CM. Not to mention that we'll 100% go for another defender, as usual.

Kai will still be here. Jesus as well.

Even if Eddie goes, I think it gets a bit crowded.
Tbh I don't see us going big for CF even if we don't bring someone like this guy in. Other than Osimhen who has Chelsea written all over him and is probably too expensive for us to pony up his RC in one go, I don't see any other great options anyway. We'd just have to take a punt on some kid.

Midfield I can see another DM, but Kai will still be there haunting that CM spot. Gotta remember he was apparently key to Arteta's plan to make Rice work. So I can see this summer just being another GK to replace Ramsdale, one or two FB, a CB and a DM. Don't think we'll have the money for top CF.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Tbh I don't see us going big for CF even if we don't bring someone like this guy in. Other than Osimhen who has Chelsea written all over him and is probably too expensive for us to pony up his RC in one go, I don't see any other great options anyway. We'd just have to take a punt on some kid.

Midfield I can see another DM, but Kai will still be there haunting that CM spot. Gotta remember he was apparently key to Arteta's plan to make Rice work. So I can see this summer just being another GK to replace Ramsdale, one or two FB, a CB and a DM. Don't think we'll have the money for top CF.

Yeah, that ****ing deal needs to work out. Because, as it is, it's blocking so many positions from being addressed.

bergholt

Looks like we're grabbing a cheap backup to replace Eddie when we ship him out in the summer.

This guy will hit goal scoring form in April and convinces us that he's a long term solution. Then in summer we'll sell Eddie and ignore strikers, and end up in the same situation next season when Mayoral reverts to the mean and goes dry.

At some point we'll be forced to spend real money on the striker position but that point isn't this year.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Funnily enough I remember watching Brazil v Egypt at London 2012, Neymar was playing for Brazil and Egypt were 3-0 down at half time.
They brought on Salah in the second half and his pace and dribbling was astonishing, completely turned the game. Egypt suddenly went from looking like lockdown Arsenal in the first half to 2003-04 Arsenal in the second, like somebody had just turned the speed of the game up on FIFA.
Salah scored one, they missed a load of chances and I think Brazil held on to win 3-2, I can still remember 1) thinking how the hell doesn‘t this bloke start? and 2) the commentator announcing he had agreed a deal to join Basel ‘next season’ for £1m.
I also remember really liking the centre back, Hegazi, who later turned up at West Brom, largely because he was like a David Luiz clone, big hair, recklessly aggressive and very good on the ball.
I remember that game too. Also Salah a few times at Basel and was always impressed. Looked terrible on his few appearances for Chelsea tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom