• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Imagine Wilshere was fit, we won't even have moved for Xhaka, I imagine. Such a waste of talent. Imagine a teenager that could dominate two of the greatest midfielder of all time.

His ceiling was limitless. He had every qualities could ever dream of. He just didn't have that luck of injuries.

Such a shame

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arteta trying Saka as an AM a la David Silva is a brilliant move.

Saka has good technique, not Santi or Silva levels, but good enough. He's decisive in the final third and knows how to score. Also, his athleticism and defensive capabilities will make him great for pressing and winning back possession. It is uncommon to have an AM who can also play LM and LB, and that versatility provides so many options.

Great decision for his development because it will be easier to find him minutes if he's an option in 3 positions.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Wilshere was one of the best young players I have ever watched...out of all the players who have had injury issues at Arsenal, Jack is the one I most regret, fantastic player at his best.

Diaby for me personally.
Why ? Because as good as wilshere was talent-wise, we had incredible midfielders during his most promising spell.

What we didn't have was someone like Vieira anymore and Diaby was someone that Wenger kept in his plans without replacing.

I love Wenger to bits and I actually think he didn't do too much wrong for most of it, but he simply should've gotten that one damn real DM as back up back then.

Probably cost us like two titles and left me wondering in forever what could've been, if Diaby wasn't sidelined constantly.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Diaby for me personally.
Why ? Because as good as wilshere was talent-wise, we had incredible midfielders during his most promising spell.

What we didn't have was someone like Vieira anymore and Diaby was someone that Wenger kept in his plans without replacing.

I love Wenger to bits and I actually think he didn't do too much wrong for most of it, but he simply should've gotten that one damn real DM as back up back then.

Probably cost us like two titles and left me wondering in forever what could've been, if Diaby wasn't sidelined constantly.

Diaby was another what if, incredible player cut down by injuries.

The reason I would have Jack as number one though was because even before he played for the first team, he was already a cult hero...I remember reading how good this little kid was gonna be for ages before his debut, he could have been his generations Tony Adams for us...such a shame.

Brilliant brilliant BRILLIANT!

I can't believe I spent pages earlier this season telling people that Saka is very capable of the ball no matter where he plays. It's all about transforming his natural game to senior-level which he is doing very well!

So much easier on the eye than for example, fan-favorite Pepe. Saka dribbles with intention and purpose not just to brag or show off!

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Incredible highlight video of a kid of 17 years of age for most of it. Mocking any player in the league at will at times.

Think he's the most impressive youngster that I've seen in the league since like 5 years+ and could very well end up being the most expensive one in a few years.

Cannot think of any kid with that scorer output at that age at all right now, to be honest.
And he's even good defensively as well.

Get this extension done ffs.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wilshere was one of the best young players I have ever watched...out of all the players who have had injury issues at Arsenal, Jack is the one I most regret, fantastic player at his best.
Diaby, Ramsey bigger talents I think.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Telling you now, get this lad a damn extension and make that LW spot his.

Riou

Jack was bit of a weirdo too, didn’t like sitting on the bench, always banged on about England etc. He’s probably out guarding the Churchill statue today too.

Think he took Arsenal for granted.

Proper Brexit Arsenal man is our Jack :drool:

According to his interview on Arsenal.com...Wilshere said that he was treated better than the rest of his teammates when he was in the reserve, apparently Arsène had told the coaches to specifically look after Jack from a young age as he had been earmarked for the first team very early.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Proper Brexit Arsenal man is our Jack :drool:

According to his interview on Arsenal.com...Wilshere said that he was treated better than the rest of his teammates when he was in the reserve, apparently Arsène had told the coaches to specifically look after Jack from a young age as he had been earmarked for the first team very early.
Wenger done everything he could for Jack, I think between 16-18 he made made his debut at every level of the game - PL, CL, international etc. Only injuries ruined him.

Look at the positives maybe, atleast he’s made good money. In the old days being this injured would’ve probably left you with a career with not much money at the end of it.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Diaby too. Great talent but never had much of a career, but still he could probably enjoy the rest of his life without having to worry about money too much if he’s careful.

Riou

Wenger done everything he could for Jack, I think between 16-18 he made made his debut at every level of the game - PL, CL, international etc. Only injuries ruined him.

Look at the positives maybe, atleast he’s made good money. In the old days being this injured would’ve probably left you with a career with not much money at the end of it.

Yeah, I agree...it's annoying that the injuries hampered him to such a degree, but he still had a very decent Arsenal career when you look at it.

2 FA Cups and a Community Shield medals, as you say financial security (and then some!) for him and his family, from 2010-2014 he they make a lot of appetences for us (bar the 2011/2012 season) and he even got to captain the team in a few games before he left...most of us would take that as a life to live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom