• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Little Chilli

Is Bukayo Saka...

• a GOOD inverted right-winger

Votes: 16 12.8%
  • a GREAT inverted right-winger

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • the GREATEST inverted right-winger

Votes: 66 52.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

There is a player I like in Arsenals youth team called Saka, he's only 13 but has amazing qualities and I think he'll go on to be a very good Arsenal first team player. Hann verður ótrúlegur einn daginn árið 2020

@drippin, this was said quite a few years ago, took me a while to dig it up but @hydrofluoric acid knew him for years.

Yeah, this still wasn't the argument. It was who discovered him, and I can't find the quote OnlyOne put.

I can't find the old reserves thread either otherwise, there would be tons of quotes from me arguing that Saka was bigger talent IMO than elite members' favorite Amaechi. There would be a lot of quotes of me saying "just because Saka don't have fancy dribble like Amaechi, he still can be a better player". Then there would be quotes of me saying ESR had some De Bruyne elements to his games, that is even before ESR talked about it himself in the interview. You can also see in Saka's older thread last season it was most of the time only me and Mutable against an army of doubters.

I probably could be a scout given my track record with Saka and ESR if I wanted to, but then again Arsenal has no scouts and isn't hiring at the moment so I will just continue searching for a job as an underpaid scientist.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
I can't find the old reserves thread either otherwise, there would be tons of quotes from me arguing that Saka was bigger talent IMO than elite members' favorite Amaechi. There would be a lot of quotes of me saying "just because Saka don't have fancy dribble like Amaechi, he still can be a better player". Then there would be quotes of me saying ESR had some De Bruyne elements to his games, that is even before ESR talked about it himself in the interview. You can also see in Saka's older thread last season it was most of the time only me and Mutable against an army of doubters.

I probably could be a scout given my track record with Saka and ESR if I wanted to, but then again Arsenal has no scouts and isn't hiring at the moment so I will just continue searching for a job as an underpaid scientist.

If there is no evidence it means it's not true :p

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

The argument was when you came bragging here that you discovered Saka. That's what I'll believe when I see the proof. I haven't seen the direct link (even with trying to search it) yet so assume OnlyOne as your pal faked the quote.

I already stated that I know you have supported Arsenal youth here a lot and praised it. But in that case I still doubt that you only have praised the ones that are now flourishing, like you seemed to claim.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Interesting bit here from an interview with Arteta.

"Fans see how well Emile and Bukayo Saka are doing and want them in the team every week. How do you manage the expectation around them and nurture that?

I understand and I am the first one who wants to do that. But Bukayo is dong what he is doing because last year, in certain situations he was managed. And he was trained in certain positions and people will say 'why? He needs to stick with position'. No. He needs to get richer in his understanding of the game. And we need to really find. Why he cannot play on the right? 'No he's always on the left and he needs to play left back or left wing.' No. He can play as an attacking midfielder as well. And then we will see, the cohesion that he finds within the team, the position where he can be, a game winner, which he has the ability to do. Where is that position? Where are we missing a kind of player like him? And then try to fit him in. And then we can give him the games, we can give him the consistency in that position, and we have to find that. With Emile it's a little bit simpler towards his position. But as well, with the game time we have to manage that. The same with Gabi."

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/news/mikel-arteta-arsenal-newcastle-Özil-19591803

Pop Tart

Established Member
Poor poor game for such a talent. Playing a bit too much said it a while ago but we are kind of forced to play him as the bench is laughable

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Needs a rest but still offers something. It's a sign of his quality that his poorer games are still better than anyone who might replace him. I just hope he stays fit.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

There were certain guys that played 90 mins and did naff all tonight. Saka was one of them.

Defo needs a rest.

Maybe worth trying Martinelli on the right even though he’s never been good there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom