• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Little Chilli

Is Bukayo Saka...

• a GOOD inverted right-winger

Votes: 16 12.8%
  • a GREAT inverted right-winger

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • the GREATEST inverted right-winger

Votes: 66 52.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

REWB

Maybe Saka is a bit of a Thomas Muller, as in it's hard to pinpoint what makes him good, but it's clear that he's very good.

Yeah lets see guys, he needs to keep this up and also improve his linkup play/attacking positioning. I see he is improving every game, this needs to continue. He's good at the moment but should be aiming to become world class.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Insane stats for Anelka. Had to remind myself he was only here two seasons, and had to displace Wrighty during his first.

Wish we could've seen him and Henry together.

(I know we probably wouldn't have signed Henry had we not sold Anelka, but still)

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Feel Greenwood has a lot more potential as a goalscorer. His shooting technique is brilliant and is both footed. He's also more of a forward by trade so expect him to have better instincts in the box.

That being said Saka is on 4 goals now an we've played half of our games. He's now established in the front 3, so should be aiming to finish the campaign on 10ish PL goals, which is a really good return.

England have a ridiculous amount of quality now.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I wouldn't say it's indicative of our struggles, it just shows how hard and rare it is for teenagers to produce numbers at the top level. For me special praise has to go to Cesc. Some players get good very early but don't maintain it. Cesc was basically an elite central midfielder from the age of 17 and kept it up consistently, even now his legs are gone he can still make killer passes. For me Cesc is a prototype of a perfect midfielder, up there with Pirlo, Seedorf, Vieria etc.
Good point about teens producing numbers. I was maybe a bit harsh. I hope Saka smashes it in every way

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Feel Greenwood has a lot more potential as a goalscorer. His shooting technique is brilliant and is both footed. He's also more of a forward by trade so expect him to have better instincts in the box.

That being said Saka is on 4 goals now an we've played half of our games. He's now established in the front 3, so should be aiming to finish the campaign on 10ish PL goals, which is a really good return.

England have a ridiculous amount of quality now.

As things stand who would you have in attack/midfield for England?

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
As things stand who would you have in attack/midfield for England?

Neither tbh. I'd go Grealish/Kane/Sterling. I think Greenwood will struggle to even get in the squad.

I think England will be playing a 343 in the summer though, and think Saka should be in at LWB.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Neither tbh. I'd go Grealish/Kane/Sterling. I think Greenwood will struggle to even get in the squad.

I think England will be playing a 343 in the summer though, and think Saka should be in at LWB.

I'd go:

-----------Kane
Sterling-Grealish-Sancho

But Southgate is a terrible coach with the ambition of a dehumidifier, so he'll play 3 DMs or something.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Saka is dead cert for a spot in that squad.

National team coaches cherishes utility players. It's why guys like AMN gets call ups.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Saka is dead cert for a spot in that squad.

National team coaches cherishes utility players. It's why guys like AMN gets call ups.

100%. I think they'll only take Chilwell as a traditional left back, with Saka as the other player to play on that area. Saka is miles better than Chilwell though as a LWB.

Saka and Grealish linking up down the left is as good as it gets.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'd go:

-----------Kane
Sterling-Grealish-Sancho

But Southgate is a terrible coach with the ambition of a dehumidifier, so he'll play 3 DMs or something.

I don't think he trusts the center backs, which is why he goes with a 3.

England have the best technical players in the world at the moment, I think the current crop are that good. Central midifeld, CB and GK remain the big issues.

Ciscoo

Anyway Saka's versatility is definitely the good kind of versatility, not the bad kind like AMN's. But still does it make squad planning difficult? You know he'll be in the team, just not where in the team. How do you plan long term?

I’m usually against shifting players around, but we have a few who are so rounded, they don’t really seem affected by it. I don’t even think Partey would play at a different level as a #6 or #8. You almost just make sure they’re on the pitch.

I understand the worry though. I advocated for Saka at LCM at the start of the season, now that’s his third or fourth position :lol:. I think it’s more difficult for us fans because it’s harder to speculate about transfer targets and team setups. It’s a manager’s dream.

Last edited:

OSBK

Established Member

Southy cant play 3-4-3 as he couldnt play his golden boy mount

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Yeah lets see guys, he needs to keep this up and also improve his linkup play/attacking positioning. I see he is improving every game, this needs to continue. He's good at the moment but should be aiming to become world class.

That was the only worry I had with Saka was his touch and passing interplay. He has improved, but his touch can still be a bit sloppy. Kinda like Ramsey, he could pull off something brilliant and be sloppy the next moment.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
That was the only worry I had with Saka was his touch and passing interplay. He has improved, but his touch can still be a bit sloppy. Kinda like Ramsey, he could pull off something brilliant and be sloppy the next moment.

Man I want to know what yard stick you're judging teenage players on I can imagine saying a 19 year old Messi hogs the ball too much.

Saka is miles above Ramesy in his first touch and ball control, it's not even comparable. Saka has basically player almost two seasons completely out of position at lwb or lb and he's still been excellent given his age.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Man I want to know what yard stick you're judging teenage players on I can imagine saying a 19 year old Messi hogs the ball too much.

Saka is miles above Ramesy in his first touch and ball control, it's not even comparable. Saka has basically player almost two seasons completely out of position at lwb or lb and he's still been excellent given his age.

Messi was always a genius, no need comparing mere mortals to him. I am literally the biggest Saka supporter here, I was just pointing out things that he could improve on.

The reason why I brought up Ramsey was because he was a player that could be sloppy, but also produce moments of brilliance.

Saka and Ramsey are not similar players and yes Saka does have a better ball control and is more agile than Ramsey was.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Ramsey looked like the absolute midfield beast to come when he was Saka's age before his leg got broken in half.

I disagree, he always had an issue of doodling and took too long before releasing it. However at the time he was still a youngster and his energy and tenacity really helped our midfield which was something it lacked (with the likes of Cesc, song, denilson) and he showed great ability to get in to great goal scoring positions.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I disagree, he always had an issue of doodling and took too long before releasing it. However at the time he was still a youngster and his energy and tenacity really helped our midfield which was something it lacked (with the likes of Cesc, song, denilson) and he showed great ability to get in to great goal scoring positions.

lol no.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think Sancho is a bit more technically gifted on the ball. But in terms of end product, both of their ceilings are at similar levels.
Sancho had 59 goal contributions in only 66 games before this season. He’s producing at world class levels and he’s only 18 months older than Saka.

How can their ceilings be the same?

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

How does Saka compare to Greenwood?
Greenwood at his best would be terrifying just because goals win you games at the end of the day and he’s got that 30 goals a season shooting technique.

Saka understands the game better though and will always be able to influence it, Greenwood could turn out to be a Podolski type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom