• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Little Chilli

Is Bukayo Saka...

• a GOOD inverted right-winger

Votes: 16 12.8%
  • a GREAT inverted right-winger

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • the GREATEST inverted right-winger

Votes: 66 52.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

He's already on 5 PL goals this season, with basically half the fixtures left to play, it's very conceivable he hits double figures, and he's getting those numbers in a largely broken team.
Hence my reservations to compare them all.

Saka for all his minutes - numbers wise he isn't as impressive as the others. However, we all know as fans the responsibility he has and the state of the team which goes against him. He kinda carries us where I am not sure if Foden/Greenwood/Sancho could.

In my personal opinion, you get more bang for your buck with Foden and Sancho - but they are in much better teams/much better coaches/much better everything, I find it really hard to tell who's best.

Out of all of them, I back Saka the most to still be around at the top of the game 5-10 years from now. His mental fortitude is what impresses me the most about him.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Yeah, the slander Greenwood gets is mad, he's a unbelievable talent.

I used to think that about Saka, but I'm realising you shouldn't put limits on the kid. Football comes so easily to him, he has an elite understanding of the game. He's already on 5 PL goals this season, with basically half the fixtures left to play, it's very conceivable he hits double figures, and he's getting those numbers in a largely broken team.
He's mostly been getting these numbers in a team that's being mended though (the six games that ESR came into the team 4 goals 2 assists). He wasn't able to carry us in the 'broken' phase, but it would be really unfair to expect that of course.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Utd fans can’t seem to get their head around the fact that Saka is a level above Greenwood.

Greenwood is a very good talent in terms of his finishing but that is literally all he has to his game at present. Someone was saying he is like a young RvP. RvP at a young age had a greater subtlety to his game and a unique variety of finishing (goal against Blackburn in 04/05, Southampton in the same season, Man City in 03/04). This guy (Greenwood) just seems to be all about hit the ball as hard as you can once he has a sight of goal.
Think you do Greenwood a disservice. As a forward it's harder to influence the game, especially at a young age you kind of rely on service.

Saka is more of a midfielder and so gets more touches, and can contribute to build up in ways that Greenwood simply can't do because that's not part of his footballing education. The ability to finish off of either foot like Greenwood can means his potential will remain scary for the next few years. All he has to do is add one or two thing to his game and he becomes a top class striker.

Saka is definitely ahead but I wouldn't write off Greenwood yet.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Hence my reservations to compare them all.

Saka for all his minutes - numbers wise he isn't as impressive as the others. However, we all know as fans the responsibility he has and the state of the team which goes against him. He kinda carries us where I am not sure if Foden/Greenwood/Sancho could.

In my personal opinion, you get more bang for your buck with Foden and Sancho - but they are in much better teams/much better coaches/much better everything, I find it really hard to tell who's best.

Out of all of them, I back Saka the most to still be around at the top of the game 5-10 years from now. His mental fortitude is what impresses me the most about him.

I think it's a bit futile comparing numbers as well for that reason. I'd be really interested to see if Sancho can replicate those numbers in the PL, I personally doubt he would at least in the short term.

I think Foden is the best of the lot though, the kid has absolutely everything. I'm convinced he will be the best midfielder in the world quite soon.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He's mostly been getting these numbers in a team that's being mended though (the six games that ESR came into the team 4 goals 2 assists). He wasn't able to carry us in the 'broken' phase, but it would be really unfair to expect that of course.

Yeah that's true. Even still his return is very impressive, and it's not like he's scoring against rubbish teams either (goals against Chelsea, Southampton ect). Hes such a gem.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
The things that stand out most about Bukayo for me are his mentality, he's so unflappable and his decision making. He rarely ever makes the wrong decision and that's crazy for a 19 year old. His footballing intelligence is through the roof.

Another little thing I like about him is the way he shields the ball, the body positioning and strength he has is deceptive for a little lad, reminds me of Sterling in that respect.

I still think there are another couple of levels in him too which is pretty scary.

I've given up on trying to pigeon hole what position he'll ultimately make his own, let him play everywhere at the moment as he's great wherever. As he matures and understands his game a little more I'm sure he'll naturally gravitate to one position.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Plus I don’t think Saka will ever be a numbers guy but even then, who knows.
Not even sure anymore, Greenwood is the better shooter but Saka keeps getting himself those 'bread and butter' goals. Haven't his last 3 goals been like two tap-ins and an open goal after rounding the keeper?

If he keeps doing that then he's just going to rack up the numbers.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

I'd be really interested to see if Sancho can replicate those numbers in the PL, I personally doubt he would at least in the short term.
Sancho's bundesliga numbers are so ridiculous though. Even if he halved his output he'd be one of the best wingers in the league.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Not even sure anymore, Greenwood is the better shooter but Saka keeps getting himself those 'bread and butter' goals. Haven't his last 3 goals been like two tap-ins and an open goal after rounding the keeper?

If he keeps doing that then he's just going to rack up the numbers.
He's a neat and tidy player, but I just don't get that ruthless killer instinct from him somehow - he's more of a facilitator.

He's clever enough to start a move and get on the end of it but otherwise I dunno. I could be wrong, but his goal scoring feels like a rich vein of form rather than something I would expect from him. Plus we won't always play like this.

Assisting, he's done from day one, being able to put in that first time ball with either foot is kinda f*cked.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sancho's bundesliga numbers are so ridiculous though. Even if he halved his output he'd be one of the best wingers in the league.

Yeah no doubt he is an elite talent, I'm just quite skeptical of players putting up numbers like that on that league. I watched quite a bit of bundelsiga football back end of last season, and all of the teams are so so open. That, on top of the inferior quality, makes it far easier for the attackers at the better teams. I think there would he an adaptation period for him in the PL.

Hes a brilliant player though and do think he'd be a great player over here as well though in time.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

He's a neat and tidy player, but I just don't get that ruthless killer instinct from him somehow - he's more of a facilitator.

He's clever enough to start a move and get on the end of it but otherwise I dunno. I could be wrong, but his goal scoring feels like a rich vein of form rather than something I would expect from him. Plus we won't always play like this.

Assisting, he's done from day one, being able to put in that first time ball with either foot is kinda f*cked.
Yeah you're right. I noticed, especially for England that his finishing isn't great despite his ball striking being very good. Killer instinct like you said.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Hleb reborn, perhaps? ;)

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I think comparing Saka to anyone is a waste of time.

He's 19 coming up in the age where attackers are expected to be both defensively and technically sound. He's too much of a hybrid to compare him to anyone - him and ESR are literally the fruits of what Wenger put in place years ago.

The fact that those two can play across the pitch is the tell tale sign.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Saka is clear of Greenwood. That’s not to say I don’t rate Greenwood I think he’s a superb talent, but Saka is a more complete player and a lot more mature on the pitch- which he’s shown this season.

Foden is special. He’s unreal in tight areas, can create and score and like Saka seems to get better every game. Sancho has simply ripped up Bundesliga, easy to forget he’s still only 20, he’s played over 100 times in Germany already. That said he was in a bad spot of form not long ago (goalless in 15+ games) and I always find myself disappointed with him when he plays for England.

Exciting times for England tbh. Talent growing wherever you look. It’ll be interesting to see Hudson-Odoi under Tuchel, he’s another player I believe has scary potential.

say yes

forum master baiter
I think comparing Saka to anyone is a waste of time.

This. It’s a fool’s errand. Development isn’t linear, talent isn’t static, and a million things can affect careers which aren’t in a player’s control (e.g. injuries).

There’s no telling at this point in time how far any of Sancho, Saka, Greenwood etc could go. They’re all big talents, why can’t people just leave it at that?

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
This. It’s a fool’s errand. Development isn’t linear, talent isn’t static, and a million things can affect careers which aren’t in a player’s control (e.g. injuries).

There’s no telling at this point in time how far any of Sancho, Saka, Greenwood etc could go. They’re all big talents, why can’t people just leave it at that?

Comparisons are always fun, but people take it too far at times. It was the same thing with Wilshere and Ramsey. Even though they were teammates, it was always about picking sides. It was that way last season too with Martinelli and Saka.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka

He was still putting in crosses that were not finished. He had a lot of pre-assists and got on the end of some chances that he missed.

Even though they were mostly half chances. Many started saying he was a poor finisher, but the team barely created any chances, so the few we get will be exaggerated when the player misses.

Plus the midfield was shambolic in terms of making forward passes, retaining possession and creating opportunities.

Once Smith-Rowe and Partey came into the fold, it took Saka's game to another level.

It did the same thing for Laca. Now both of them can combine with players with technique, movement and intelligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Top Bottom