• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Little Chilli

Is Bukayo Saka...

• a GOOD inverted right-winger

Votes: 16 12.8%
  • a GREAT inverted right-winger

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • the GREATEST inverted right-winger

Votes: 66 52.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Meant to ask you what you thought of Neto.

I saw him in and out the team last season and also thought he was mid twenties. His journey is mad, he was an unused sub at Lazio for 2 seasons just goes to show.

He has more natural flair and is way more exciting to watch than Saka, I don't think he is better though.

I like the way he plays, very direct. He gets the ball and starts running at defenders which is my favourite type of player. He seems to be faster and more direct than Saka but Saka is younger and seems the more intelligent player but it’s hard to compare and I don’t want to really. I’d say Saka is more of a midfielder type while Neto is more of a forward.

Still Neto is up there, might end up at a top club if he keeps going how he is. Wolves got a nice set up with Jorge Mendes since Portugal produce some of the best talent the last 5 years.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I like the way he plays, very direct. He gets the ball and starts running at defenders which is my favourite type of player. He seems to be faster and more direct than Saka but Saka is younger and seems the more intelligent player but it’s hard to compare and I don’t want to really. I’d say Saka is more of a midfielder type while Neto is more of a forward.

Still Neto is up there, might end up at a top club if he keeps going how he is. Wolves got a nice set up with Jorge Mendes since Portugal produce some of the best talent the last 5 years.
Portugal England and France got some outrageous talent coming through man. Ridiculous.

Neto has the best step overs in the league as well. I’m a sucker for crap like that. :lol:

BigPoppaPump

Yeah it’s that hale-end-forward-midfield hybrid style of play that is intelligent and effective but doesn’t exactly get you off your seat. I’ll always prefer an Mbappe over a Haaland.

Saka has been a bit more confident lately, bringing out a few skill moves but its not really his bag.

You can see the Arsène Wenger influence in the Hale End players, like he wanted every single one to be Rosicky. They all seem to be that not quite a winger not quite a number 10 player he loved. It’s a bit boring if I’m being honest, none of them seem to even be that athletically gifted.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Iwobi was the perfect example of one of our academy players...seemingly had all the technical and physical skills you would want, but his stats were always pretty terrible :lol:

It weird how Arsène's style of player took a shift post stadium move.

BigPoppaPump

Portugal England and France got some outrageous talent coming through man. Ridiculous.

Neto has the best step overs in the league as well. I’m a sucker for crap like that. :lol:

I wonder how England compares to those teams, like for example right now the best English CB is Stones but that’s mainly cos of Ruebn Dias. Or who would I take Fernandez or Grealish? None of our young players are on Mbappe or Joao Felix level.

I still think we have a way to go before competing with the top nations.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

You can see the Arsène Wenger influence in the Hale End players, like he wanted every single one to be Rosicky. They all seem to be that not quite a winger not quite a number 10 player he loved. It’s a bit boring if I’m being honest, none of them seem to even be that athletically gifted.
I agree with the first part.

I am pretty sure Saka is one of the fastest in the squad but I don't quite have the proof to hand. Auba needs to leak the bleep test results again would bust a lot of myths and settle a lot of debates on AM.

Saka is deceptively fast and strong though, has that low centre of gravity (I think it was his Southampton goal? he was nearly falling over and still tucked it away)

ESR I don't see any standout physical attributes, but at least he tries. Like Lacazette I suppose.

BigPoppaPump

Iwobi was the perfect example of one of our academy players...seemingly had all the technical and physical skills you would want, but his stats were always pretty terrible :lol:

Fabregas talent and Barca/Spain dominance got to him, also he didn’t have the budget for a well rounded team so he went with what he could make the best team with him.

BigPoppaPump

I agree with the first part.

I am pretty sure Saka is one of the fastest in the squad but I don't quite have the proof to hand. Auba needs to leak the bleep test results again would bust a lot of myths and settle a lot of debates on AM.

Saka is deceptively fast and strong though, has that low centre of gravity (I think it was his Southampton goal? he was nearly falling over and still tucked it away)

ESR I don't see any standout physical attributes, but at least he tries. Like Lacazette I suppose.

Saka is fast and strong but I don’t think it’s practically stand out. He’s above average but not explosive skinning everyone like young Bellerin/Walcott type or really fast when dribbling like Alexis/Pepe. I think his brain is his stand out attribute tbh, always makes the right choices.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

For real. Imagine if Saka also happened to have the pace of Mbappe, I’d have posters of him on my wall. ESR is really effective but he’s sooo boring, wish he would give us a random rabona or something. :lol:

Ox was a bum but you could feel the excitement in the air when he got on the ball, the Emirates used to love those lightning runs down the wing.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Iwobi was/is fantastic in the middle third, think somebody missed a trick by not converting him into a no8.

Had everything you wanted from a ball progressing midfielder, just fell apart when he got near the box. :lol:

Riou

Iwobi was/is fantastic in the middle third, think somebody missed a trick by not converting him into a no8.

Had everything you wanted from a ball progressing midfielder, just fell apart when he got near the box. :lol:

...brilliantly goes past his man, gets us from our half to the edge of their box, then that ffs :lol:

BigPoppaPump

For real. Imagine if Saka also happened to have the pace of Mbappe, I’d have posters of him on my wall. ESR is really effective but he’s sooo boring, wish he would give us a random rabona or something. :lol:

Ox was a bum but you could feel the excitement in the air when he got on the ball, the Emirates used to love those lightning runs down the wing.

Saka brain/fitness in Ox body would be Ronaldo level. Ox had everything athletically but he had no football brain and was always injured Saka doesn’t have the injury proneness which is much more valuable than anyone else.

Riou

Saka brain/fitness in Ox body would be Ronaldo level. Ox had everything athletically but he had no football brain and was always injured Saka doesn’t have the injury proneness which is much more valuable than anyone else.

Remember after we won the FA Cup in 2017...Ox was doing the interview and one of the pundits said "Ox has finally found his position" (wing-back, due to how he well he played for us in that role) Ox came back with "I'm not one to complain, but I have always wanted to be Stevie G" despite not being very good in that role at all :lol:

Him and Niles (when Ox isn't injured) will probably just be squad players in midfield, or starters for a team lower in the table...while out wide they could have been starters for us, shame.

Riou

I do think Saka is an exciting player to watch, his mix of technical and physical traits is amazing...can do pretty much anything in the attacking midfield places.

ESR is quite a "boring" player, though still a quality one and important to how we want to play.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Saka's one of those that you look at from a physical perspective, nothing particularly stands out as exceptional, though he's probably above par in most areas.

It's the decision making that makes him the player he is.

Of course in an ideal player you'd want both. But If you have the straight choice between having all the physical attributes or the footballing intelligence, you take the footballing intelligence every time.

It's the difference between an Ox or Adama Traore and a Saka.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
I do think Saka is an exciting player to watch, his mix of technical and physical traits is amazing...can do pretty much anything in the attacking midfield places.

ESR is quite a "boring" player, though still a quality one and important to how we want to play.

Watching Saka is like watching Flloyd Mayweather, to the eye of an uncultured novice, he doesn't look to exciting, but for those who understand the game, he's frigging amazing.

Saka if he carries on at this rate will be one of the top 5 players in the world. He reminds a lot of Iniesta in some ways in terms of doing the basics brilliantly. His touch is always immaculate, decision making always spot on, glides past past players with a simple jink and a turn of pace. Honestly it's a thing to behold.

Give me a Saka over a step over Zaha anyday.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Watching Saka is like watching Flloyd Mayweather, to the eye of an uncultured novice, he doesn't look to exciting, but for those who understand the game, he's frigging amazing.
..so you're calling the overwhelmingly large majority of Arsenal-Mania and various Arsenal youtube pundits cultured?

I think looking at people who overdo the Saka praise, I actually couldn't disagree more :lol:

Think it's blindingly obvious to see he's a good player with his speed of thought combined with his economic and efficient play being praised the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom