• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Little Chilli

Is Bukayo Saka...

• a GOOD inverted right-winger

Votes: 16 12.8%
  • a GREAT inverted right-winger

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • the GREATEST inverted right-winger

Votes: 66 52.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
I remember these blanket statements were used on Sterling. I believe now Sterling has the most amount of goals for an Englishman after Harry Kane. I think its too early to write off Saka. Last season he was our main creator and now he has developed a goal-scoring knack. This is first season as a true wide forward and he is doing well for the most part. Saka has 5 league goals right now. I mean Neto has 5 goals, Foden has 6, CHO has 2, and Greenwood has 1. I haven't even mentioned guys like Pulisic, Havertz, or whatever. Too early to tell what he really is tbh. I agree he's in poor form but that is bound to happen for a young guy.

Bruh can't you understand that a 19 year old teenager has already peaked? They figured him out and now he is going to descend to Lingard levels of mediocrity for the rest of his career. This same guy makes every excuse in the books for his baby, Pepe. It's clear most on here just have agendas and love to troll for attention. Even though Saka has been the most consistent attacking option all season. Now he is struggling with his hamstring and has clearly been overplayed by Arteta, but that doesn't seem to matter.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I remember these blanket statements were used on Sterling. I believe now Sterling has the most amount of goals for an Englishman after Harry Kane. I think its too early to write off Saka. Last season he was our main creator and now he has developed a goal-scoring knack. This is first season as a true wide forward and he is doing well for the most part. Saka has 5 league goals right now. I mean Neto has 5 goals, Foden has 6, CHO has 2, and Greenwood has 1. I haven't even mentioned guys like Pulisic, Havertz, or whatever. Too early to tell what he really is tbh. I agree he's in poor form but that is bound to happen for a young guy.
Don’t think anyone said that about Sterling, tbh most people didn’t rate Sterling at all. 😂 I’m not sure if you were lurking on here but the great Ox v Sterling lasted fora good couple of years on this forum.

Sterling still isn’t a great finisher, in his last few elite seasons he’s been getting a lot of the type of goals that we see Saka getting. Finishing off well worked moves and using his pace/intelligent positioning to get easy goals. You wouldn’t back Sterling 1v1 most of the time and I think Saka is a similar player at this moment in time.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Bruh can't you understand that a 19 year old teenager has already peaked? They figured him out and now he is going to descend to Lingard levels of mediocrity for the rest of his career. This same guy makes every excuse in the books for his baby, Pepe. It's clear most on here just have agendas and love to troll for attention. Even though Saka has been the most consistent attacking option all season. Now he is struggling with his hamstring and has clearly been overplayed by Arteta, but that doesn't seem to matter.
That’s a bit rich when @Macho ’s main defense of Pepe has simply been that Arteta doesn’t give him a chance. You’re now defending Saka by deciding he’s struggling with his hamstring and is being given too much of a chance. Different side of the same coin.

Aren’t those excuses or are they fine because you’ve said them?😅

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
You're the same guy who was telling everyone here that CHO was an elite talent that Saka could never be at level with. CHO is playing right wing back and getting the Eboue treatment. How many times have you seriously watched Cherki? Cherki is super talented but he has mostly been a squad player this season. I'm not challenging your knowledge but I do think you seriously underestimate Saka to be calling him an 'average' player.
Read the post again. I didn’t call Saka average. That was for Nelson.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I don’t rate nelson and someone called me a troll. So I told him that I have been not rating nelson for quite a long time, back when they were all in u23. I recall that I have made a post comparing Nelson, Amaechi and Saka, arguing with Mutable. I argue that Saka was the best out of those wingers, and was the best out of this batch of youngsters. Although I don’t think he could be world class (judging from that point of his career) I thought he was the best out of that group.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I don’t rate nelson and someone called me a troll. So I told him that I have been not rating nelson for quite a long time, back when they were all in u23. I recall that I have made a post comparing Nelson, Amaechi and Saka, arguing with Mutable. I argue that Saka was the best out of those wingers, and was the best out of this batch of youngsters. Although I don’t think he could be world class (judging from that point of his career) I thought he was the best out of that group.
I think Nelson and Saka is perfect example of how people usually rate players who look smoother and can do well on more think. Football at the highest level really isnt about how well rounded you are, but how well you can do what you really good at. walcott was perfect example.....amazing pace and great movement. That alone made him very effective player. Also Saka has Ghanaian blood in him, those people have lion heart. nelson simply lacks heart and balls.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
The “Average” player I refer to was not Saka, it was nelson.

And of course, saka’s development is better than I expected, I can see a higher ceiling. But Hudson Odoi is not a bad player too. Different players to me. Although I didn’t predict Saka can become the player he is today in that short amount of time, I wasn’t wrong thinking Saka would become the best in this group and Nelson is average.

@RunTheTrap

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
That’s a bit rich when @Macho ’s main defense of Pepe has simply been that Arteta doesn’t give him a chance.
How is that a defense, haha?

Arteta doesn't give a chance to a lot of players. If you use Pepe as a standard (who after all has 10 PL starts, 11 sub appearances, and 7 EL starts) he doesn't give a chance to Joe Willock, to AMN, to Ceballos, to Nelson, to Nketiah, to Ben Cottrell, to Miguel Azeez, lol...the question is should he be criticised for it, the question is if he is more deserving of the player(s) who get chances ahead of him (Ødegaard, ESR, Auba + Laca, Saka).

That's where, of course, it gets tricky for people who like logic and common sense (not to be applied to the poster in question here).

I recall that I have made a post comparing Nelson, Amaechi and Saka, arguing with Mutable.

lol, where's the white winger in the comparison? Sound the alarms mAtEs!!, I've detected a clear subconscious bias here @Macho 🤪 !!!

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I think Nelson and Saka is perfect example of how people usually rate players who look smoother and can do well on more think. Football at the highest level really isnt about how well rounded you are, but how well you can do what you really good at. walcott was perfect example.....amazing pace and great movement. That alone made him very effective player. Also Saka has Ghanaian blood in him, those people have lion heart. nelson simply lacks heart and balls.
Walcott was shxt.
Nelson dribbling is not tricky/skillful enough. Saka is not top skills dribbler too but his dribbling movement is more dangerous, plus he use the ball in a more intelligent way than Nelson.

I don’t know, I just never thought Nelson is a skillful dribbler (although people loved to call him that). I never understand why. The way he dribble look so useless to me. Taylor Hart also has a very similar dribbling motion.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Walcott was shxt.
Nelson dribbling is not tricky/skillful enough. Saka is not top skills dribbler too but his dribbling movement is more dangerous, plus he use the ball in a more intelligent way than Nelson.

I don’t know, I just never thought Nelson is a skillful dribbler (although people loved to call him that). I never understand why. The way he dribble look so useless to me. Taylor Hart also has a very similar dribbling motion.
nelson has very good close control and first touch. But he lacks any explosivity and is just neat player. He also lacks aggression and real belief

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
nelson has very good close control and first touch. But he lacks any explosivity and is just neat player. He also lacks aggression and real belief
He just never look like a skillful player to me. I don’t get why people say he is a tricky player.

Is explosiveness or aggression even that important? Not to me.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He just never look like a skillful player to me. I don’t get why people say he is a tricky player.

Explosive and aggression are huge. That’s basically prime Gareth bale. Him destroying inter was definition of explosive and aggressive in his play

Geofranco

That’s a bit rich when @Macho ’s main defense of Pepe has simply been that Arteta doesn’t give him a chance. You’re now defending Saka by deciding he’s struggling with his hamstring and is being given too much of a chance. Different side of the same coin.

Aren’t those excuses or are they fine because you’ve said them?😅

Deciding what? The guy is still at Colney because he is not fit. You think he doesn't want to be in the English squad representing his country?

I get it, some of you had to start defending Pepe cause y'all felt he was getting too much abuse. Just like people did for Xhaka and some for Özil, although with Özil it was more like a cult.

But the guy always posted passive aggressive things when Saka didn't play well and would always compare Saka and Pepe.

Like how are you comparing a 19 year old that broke into the team with no expectations to be the player he is today to a player who is the most expensive transfer in club history? Is it ok to criticize Saka when he has a **** game, of-course, but context matters.

With Pepe, Emery, Ljunberg and Arteta have dropped him for whatever reason on multiple occasions, you can't just say all three of those guys hate Pepe and want to see him fail.

I think Pepe has great end product potential. He doesn't have talent to carry a team like Alexis Sanchez could, but he can be a crucial part of the cog if used correctly.

Geofranco

Saka has Nigerian parents. I actually think Saka looks smoother on the ball. Nelson has a very herky jerky style of play. In the academy Nelson was a very all-action style of attacking player. Always wanted to get on the ball and make something happen. Saka always had nuance in his game and a lot of guile, even when people tried to say he was this powerful player who used his size to dominate at that level. Every-time I watched him, I never saw him physically overwhelm the opposition with strength and pace. Nelson was the one who looked so quick and explosive, especially his acceleration.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Unless you’re prime Iniesta and a few others I can’t remember you need that explosiveness to get away from athletic fullbacks.

You mention skill moves a lot, you need that explosiveness when exiting the skill move otherwise the defender is just gonna come back at you isn’t he?

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Deciding what? The guy is still at Colney because he is not fit. You think he doesn't want to be in the English squad representing his country?

I get it, some of you had to start defending Pepe cause y'all felt he was getting too much abuse. Just like people did for Xhaka and some for Özil, although with Özil it was more like a cult.

But the guy always posted passive aggressive things when Saka didn't play well and would always compare Saka and Pepe.

Like how are you comparing a 19 year old that broke into the team with no expectations to be the player he is today to a player who is the most expensive transfer in club history? Is it ok to criticize Saka when he has a **** game, of-course, but context matters.

With Pepe, Emery, Ljunberg and Arteta have dropped him for whatever reason on multiple occasions, you can't just say all three of those guys hate Pepe and want to see him fail.

I think Pepe has great end product potential. He doesn't have talent to carry a team like Alexis Sanchez could, but he can be a crucial part of the cog if used correctly.
I’m not comparing Saka and Pepe, I’m comparing how you and Macho both explained performance levels based on playing time. However it’s an excuse in Macho/Pepe’s case but not an excuse for Saka/yourself.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

That's been my main worry about Nelson, it's not so obvious at youth level but at the highest level against the best athletes and the best defenders you need it as an attacking wide player.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
That's been my main worry about Nelson, it's not so obvious at youth level but at the highest level against the best athletes and the best defenders you need it as an attacking wide player.
Nasri, Rosicky and Cazorla are not explosive but I wouldn’t mind playing them together in a 4231.

Geofranco

I’m not comparing Saka and Pepe, I’m comparing how you and Macho both explained performance levels based on playing time. However it’s an excuse in Macho/Pepe’s case but not an excuse for Saka/yourself.

I am not getting your point. Saka's level clearly dropped after being overplayed for a teenager breaking into the team and now has the hamstring issue.

That's not opinion, it's fact. Everyone was talking about how he had the most minutes of any outfield player, I think Xhaka was close. That is not good, especially with what we saw happen to Wilshere, Ramsey, Ox, Walcott and even Diaby.

Macho seemed to imply that Arteta had something against Pepe. That would also mean Emery and Ljunberg had a vendetta against him too. Cause they dropped him on different occasions.

I have already said multiple times that Pepe, Nelson and Martinelli need a lot of game time, the team isn't competing for anything in the EPL anymore.

The Europa League is more important now. Cause if the team can't win that competition, the season would have been an epic fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom