• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers: Calahm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Rather Calum than Holding. Way more versatile.
Same. Holding has put himself in the shop window, reckon we could get a nice 20M+ for him now.

Give Chambers his minutes next year and then see if he sinks or swims. If he sinks, sell for 20M+ yet again. I should have Edu’s job.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He either needs extending or selling. Reckon he gets sold because the stars just haven't aligned for him
Isn’t this just an unnecessarily cryptic way of saying he hasn’t played very much?

Given what we know about most of that being down to one long term injury, understanding the premium on English players who show any bit of form, and the distinct qualities he has v our other options in that position (not to mention his versatility, attitude, work rate etc) the smart choice is keep?

At worst, we should give him a good batch of games so the likes of Carragher can continue freely handing out MotMs and dishing out Cafu labels and we
fetch £30m instead of £5m.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Isn’t this just an unnecessarily cryptic way of saying he hasn’t played very much?

It is that he hasn't played much but also will be entering his final year of his contract. When I say stars haven't aligned I mean he probably doesn't have enough opportunities left to justify an extension

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
You could make a case for going into next season with Chambers and Soares as RB options. Bellerin should be sold, no question about it. Ideally you`d want a RB in the same class as Tierney but money will be tight and we`ll need to bring cover for Tierney, another midfielder and maybe spend whatever we can afford on Ødegaard.

In Soares and Chambers you have two fairly solid options that can rotate and I think other positions should be prioritised.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It is that he hasn't played much but also will be entering his final year of his contract. When I say stars haven't aligned I mean he probably doesn't have enough opportunities left to justify an extension
Alright fair enough

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
After getting fried by Montero I thought his days as a RB were well and truly over. Technically Chambers has always been a good player, I think this is why Wenger said he could see him playing in central midfield (something we could explore- I see similarities with Rice.)

Effortless.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I didn't want him to start today i knew he'd struggle massively and he did non of the goals his fault but didn't offer much going forward.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Decent player, but we need a better cb, a more attacking right back and a more mobile cm.

He should have a decent career, we should get at least 15m for him.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Reading this thread has me scratching my head. Guy has barely put a foot wrong since coming into the side, and has probably created more chances from his delivery on the right than any other player.

Yep, mind boggling. Great form at RB before his injury and in great form now and has cemented the RB starting spot now.

Probably doesnt wear enough "drip" or do stupid tik tok dances hence why not rated by some. Same can be said about peole who dont rate Holding.

truth_hurts

I think deep down we know Chambers isn't a starter for any team serious about top 4 and challenging. He's good in 3 positions, but he's a jack of many trades who we could get a decent fee for.

I would happily sell AMN, Chambers and Bellerin in order to bring in a top RB with Soares as back up.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I think deep down we know Chambers isn't a starter for any team serious about top 4 and challenging. He's good in 3 positions, but he's a jack of many trades who we could get a decent fee for.

I would happily sell AMN, Chambers and Bellerin in order to bring in a top RB with Soares as back up.

Yep I'm the same. I know he's had his injuries but he's been here long enough to know his value to us. I would like to see what he's like next to Partey but again, we can and should be looking at a better option there.

truth_hurts

Yep I'm the same. I know he's had his injuries but he's been here long enough to know his value to us. I would like to see what he's like next to Partey but again, we can and should be looking at a better option there.
We have too many 'decent squad players,' who could do a job here, but have shown time and time again that they probably aren't quite of the standard required.

Chambers, Xhaka, AMM, Torreria and arguably even Laca fall into that category. That's around 100 million pounds worth of player. Why not invest in a top centre back and top cm instead?

Chambers must want more for himself as well than being a utility man in his mid-twenties.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Some of his crossing is so sexy. If we do sell him, we absolutely need to be getting someone who can cross at least as well as Chambers. It adds so much to our game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom