• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carabao Cup Quarter-Final: Arsenal v Tottenham | December 19, 2018 19:45 GMT | Sky Sports

Who will advance to the Semi-Final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jae

I dont understand. Why cant we win this cup?

Sorry mate. I'm referring to the people who are acting like we are terrible when realistically given the dire situation we were in last year we are making great progress. We are certainly more than capable of winning any of the cup competitions that we are still in.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Please god let us play the kids.

Nothing-cup with not much to gain there. We outclassed them in the league, there's nothing left to prove, but we can loose even more players due to unnecessary injuries. Let's focus on the important competitions and make that one important by giving young talents that invaluable experience

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We probably don't have enough fit players to rotate.

Hopefully we can bin the **** again and play the kids in the semi

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

This really isn’t a cup we should be too bothered about and the two legged semi final could see us drop points in the league.

I know it’s Tottenham but if it was a choice between progress in this or finishing above them then it should be an obvious one.

Yep, I think we should put our a semi weakened team because we all know CL is the goal. However you also want to create that winning mentality at the club so two losses on the bounce doesn't sound great.

Ideally we rotate a touch, win in 90 minutes and draw Burton in the Semi Final.

I'd like to win, but I don't think it's a must win.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Yep, I think we should put our a semi weakened team because we all know CL is the goal. However you also want to create that winning mentality at the club so two losses on the bounce doesn't sound great.

Ideally we rotate a touch, win in 90 minutes and draw Burton in the Semi Final.

I'd like to win, but I don't think it's a must win.
I think I'd rather lose to Sp**s tonight than be beaten 3-0 by City in the final again

HBL

Established Member
According to some random dude on twitter; Özil, Mustafi & Bellerin (which we already knew) won't be involved today, I guess we'll see if he is correct in a few hours time.

Edit: Think he is chatting rubbish but again we'll see.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
This really isn’t a cup we should be too bothered about and the two legged semi final could see us drop points in the league.
The fixtures around that time aren't bad:

January 5- Blackpool A
January 8/9- 1st leg
January 12- West Ham A
January 19- Chelsea H
January 22/23- 2nd leg
January 26- FA Cup 4th round

Could play the kids against Blackpool, then go strong in the Cup and West Ham knowing you have a free week before Chelsea.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I would be happy to see Saka on the wing and the rest of the group should be senior players, and maybe Nketiah. It's quite embarrassing that from 25 senior players only 17 year old kid can dribble past players

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
A real trophy > the Top 4 trophy.
Bring the Haribo Cup home, leave Top 4 trophies for Poch & Klopp.

Last edited:
Reactions: A_G

marting

Go full strengh, Its a chance to beat Sp**s. Its our duty to stop them winning trophies.

Its not the best cup in the world but why not go for it again? a potential trip to Wembley, Something to help get that first one under the belt for Emery.

GoonerBoy19

Klopp had similar issues with Liverpool first two seasons, players were getting burnt down by Feb-Mar due to heavy pressing game style and small squad. We would be in trouble if we don't roatate squad intelligently. Already we lost Monreal for few weeks by playing him in pointless games.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
A trophy is a trophy. We have a chance in three trophies this year, Tottenham in two. Beat them tonight and it's FA Cup or nothing for that great non-winner of trophies Pochettino.

I wouldn't give up on this for the CL because it is by no means clear we will qualify for it even if we throw this away.

Reactions: A_G

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Look at is this way - if we throw this away then draw Burton, we're going to look pretty silly.

Yes, we'll rotate a few positions (play Xhaka, rest Torreira, play Laca rest Auba, give Kos a chance to draw breath and give Ramsey and Özil starts); not really rocket science.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom