• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carl Jenkinson: Banter Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Not that I'm against people changing their minds, but didn't you use to argue that he was better than Sagna? :p

Edit: Before Jury slaughters me, think I've got him mixed up with DJ/Dokaka.
I'm pretty sure Dokaka thinks Jenks was the worst player at WHU...

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Not that I'm against people changing their minds, but didn't you use to argue that he was better than Sagna? :p

Edit: Before Jury slaughters me, think I've got him mixed up with DJ/Dokaka.
Oooh, you saved yourself at the last moment there! He was a better crosser than Sagna though, not that it says much.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
That spell at WHU would have been great if not for the injur.

I think he is strong, and has great stamina. He's as good as Bellerin in his positioning, and better in the tackle.

Hope we keep him for the rest of his life.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

:lol: Gibbs, but with legit banter.

Yeah I'm also not sure if Gibbs is hanging about because he loves the club like Jenks or because he has it massively comfortable here.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I didn't think he did too badly tbh. Obviously nowhere near starting quality but he performed okay. He was no worse than any of the others out there, bar Mustafi maybe.

arsmile

Established Member
didn't make mistakes....but was routinely beaten and cant help us going forwards....he just is a weakness

the bellerin comparison doesn't help him obviously-

Impact

Established Member
That's the point. He didn't make mistakes but it was clear that he is not at the level we require. Same situation with Joel Campbell. Decent talents who try hard. But at the end of the day, they are not good enough for Arsenal.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Did fine so soon after returning to fitness & probably the least of our problems... We have one of the best RB in the world, only 21 & rumored to be signing a 6 year deal.

I hope Carl can get the first West Ham loan form back soon though.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
That's the point. He didn't make mistakes but it was clear that he is not at the level we require. Same situation with Joel Campbell. Decent talents who try hard. But at the end of the day, they are not good enough for Arsenal.
Lord Ferg made a career out of maximizing that sort of player's potential. "Not good enough" they aren't. They're important to any squad.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
I think he was OK, clearly not match fit tbf, lets wait how he will peform the coming weeks.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He is OK but no where near Arsenal quality I can't have a player every time having a ball he hoof it away

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Strange how Debuchy suddenly makes an appearance now Bellerin is injured.

I'm not sure what his fitness would be like but I'd put him in over Jenkinson.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Strange how Debuchy suddenly makes an appearance now Bellerin is injured.

I'm not sure what his fitness would be like but I'd put him in over Jenkinson.

Debuchy played a full game for the U23 yesterday. I hope he is fit to start, he will be a major improvement over Jenks. The lad has a nice story and is a Gunner through and through but he is obviously out of his depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom