• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carl Jenkinson: Banter Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
He did okay yesterday on the defensive front - not much going forward but he held his own at the back, just. He can improve.
Yeah I agree, defensively he was adequate but it looks like he regressed offensively. I hope I'm wrong and it is just a temporary thing, however, if he wants to make it at Arsenal, he'll have to step it up and be able to perform off the bench.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Started to really grow into the game. Played a really nice cross for their OG but lost his marker on the corner for their 2nd.

I bet he really takes off and starts to look the part in the next 2 games.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Can't trust this guy to do a job. He always finds a way to make a bad error. Got hypnotised by the ball like was walking into the light, only to snap out of his stupor, but all too late. If he stood where he was, they don't score from that corner. He's garbage.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Same old same old. Some of you here are so set in your ways that you just look for proof for your opinion and ignore everything else. The facts are that he was injured for a long time, had to play in two of the most difficult matches possible. Same goes for Ramsey. He was rusty at times and did stuff that he would call banter but I also saw some very good things. He ran up and down that right hand side the whole game, made himself available and he actually also prevented a goal from matuidi with a great last ditch redirection with his knee. Most of the games that are coming up are way more suited for him untill Bellerin is back.

Don't see anybody calling out Mustafi on his horrible marking of Matuidi, or Koscielny waving Cavani over to Gibbs for the first goal.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Same old same old. Some of you here are so set in your ways that you just look for proof for your opinion and ignore everything else. The facts are that he was injured for a long time, had to play in two of the most difficult matches possible. Same goes for Ramsey. He was rusty at times and did stuff that he would call banter but I also saw some very good things. He ran up and down that right hand side the whole game, made himself available and he actually also prevented a goal from matuidi with a great last ditch redirection with his knee. Most of the games that are coming up are way more suited for him untill Bellerin is back.

Don't see anybody calling out Mustafi on his horrible marking of Matuidi, or Koscielny waving Cavani over to Gibbs for the first goal.
Other players will make mistakes from time to time but you know they're good players that will serve you well in the long run. Jenkinson will make mistakes and generally look completely out of his depth almost every week though. That's the difference. It's why West Ham were sick of the sight of him.

He's never been any good for anyone.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It's a pity, but I just don't think Carl is quite good enough to play for the Arsenal.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Gave them a goal but also prevented a certain goal, so it evened out really.

At least now we should be playing teams more on his level. Man Utd away and PSG are a nightmare two games to bring him into all things considered.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
He would actually be a good squad player if it didn't take him several games to get into form.

However, this time around he should be given a bit of leeway as he has been injured for 9 months and was suddenly thrown off the deep end with his first games back against the likes of Man U away and PSG.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
He would actually be a good squad player if it didn't take him several games to get into form.

However, this time around he should be given a bit of leeway as he has been injured for 9 months and was suddenly thrown off the deep end with his first games back against the likes of Man U away and PSG.
I didn't copy your work honest!

Polar Bear

Jenkinson did quite well after watching a replay of the game today, not as good as Bellerin going forward, but he did a few good crosses and defended well enough. wasn't as bad as someone like Iwobi or Özil in the match, he did a lot more

Gautier

I thought he was not good didn't especially his placement and movement . Also he's a handicap as our players have to avoid using him and allows the opposition to put more pressure on us.

I hope Debuchy can come back to help out even when Bellerin will come back we need a suitable/ok replacement and I don't trust Jenk .
Debuchy has shown some very good qualities at Arsenal.

They may have been tough games but he really struggled.
He doesn't seem to have the fighting spirit.
Hopefully he'll prove me wrong but doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom