• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carlos Vela

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guillermo

From the Gospel that is Wikipedia:

"Carlos Alejandro Vela Garrido (born March 1, 1989 in Cancún, Quintana Roo) is a Mexican football striker who currently plays for Celta de Vigo.

after moving to the big leagues of Europe, Vela's career started in the Primera División de México with Chivas de Guadalajara. His big break came when he participated the U-17 World Cup with the Mexican national team. Vela helped his side take the U-17 World Cup from many world-class sides, including the Brazil, whom he helped his side defeat 3-0 in the final game of the tournament. With the conclusion of the 2005 World Cup in Peru, Vela was named the top scorer of the tournament with 5 goals and claimed the Adidas Golden Boot.

Following his strong showing at the championship, Vela attracted interest from a number of European sides. A series of news reports linked him to Arsenal, and he had a trial with the club, but Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger admitted rules forbade him from signing Vela until the striker turns eighteen[1]. Vela eventually signed for Celta de Vigo in 2006 on a five-year contract[2]; Arsenal and Celta have a "technical partnership" which means the two clubs exchange coaches and scouting expertise, and Spanish newspaper Marca reports that Arsenal have first option on signing Vela after his eighteenth birthday"

Gurgen

Established Member
Here's how it is:

Vela has agreed to join us. He is playing for Celta because he can't join us now. Celta are our chums and will 'give' (and receive some compensation for holding on to him for us I suppose) him to us when he's 18. Or maybe we'll in fact buy him, I don't know the technicalities of the deal. Anyway, to the outside world he's not our player right now, because that would be illegal.

Thai Gunner

Artillero said:
Any idea is he will be in Celta Vigos 1st squad next season? or the B squad.

From a few articles I've read, it seems like Celta Vigo will definitely include him in their 1st team squad....so he will probably get some games (if he really impresses them.)

Arsenal_4eva_14

Yap its all to do with the agreement between the 2 clubs. Vela went there due to work permit issues, and the plan is after a mzx of 5 years he will be back. He knows the effort Wenger went to so i have no doubt he will be back

kashif_wattoo

Gurgen said:
Here's how it is:

Vela has agreed to join us. He is playing for Celta because he can't join us now. Celta are our chums and will 'give' (and receive some compensation for holding on to him for us I suppose) him to us when he's 18. Or maybe we'll in fact buy him, I don't know the technicalities of the deal. Anyway, to the outside world he's not our player right now, because that would be illegal.

From what i can understand, Arsenal-Celta Vigo Partnership is somewhat like that of Chelsea-PSV. Chelsea agreed to pay for various south-amercian players who joined PSV and now Chelsea has option to "call" them from PSV, like their huge defender Alex. Arsenal HAS paid for Vela to Guadalajara WHICH they admitted on their website, BUT due to permit constraints, Vela couldn't come before he is 18 yrs old. So Vela signed Contract with Celta Vigo and when he is ready after a couple of years, it will be Arsenal's call to whether summon him or not.

Its a win-win situaton for all, especially Celta Vigo, who will benefit as Arsenal will PAY for any future South-Amercian talents, who will inturn play at Celta for some time before joining Arsenal.

Phew.

Ratinho

Established Member
Infact, as this is done behind closed doors as far as we know, and he's now a Celta player for at least the near future, this thread will only annoy people with the same questions.

Gurgen answered it, there is no Vela transfer talk left to be had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom