• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carlos Vela

Status
Not open for further replies.

qs

Established Member
leonardo santiago said:
The people who say £2.0m is much for a 16 year old, obviously haven't seen him play that much. I think it's a freaking bargain.

Exactly he's never going to leave for less. I seen him play for in the U17 WC and he was great. The boy knows where the goal is and he's bound to be one of the biggest stars in World Football. He has way more potential than the overhyped Freddie Adu and he outshone DosSantos in the WC.

A

Anonymous

I wouldn't say Outshone DosSantos.
Dos Santos was the unsung hero.

Vela was the sword.

And anyone who thinks he's the striker's flamini.. is obviously someone with no intrest in young talent.

gunner_down_under

the next flamini....lol......when i saw some of the clips, dos santos is a good dribbler, but the worst finisher in their team.....vela looks a better finisher!

DB10

by the time he gets anywhere near the first team,

Henry would be long gone - or like Bergy on his swansong.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Kha0z said:
I wouldn't say Outshone DosSantos.
Dos Santos was the unsung hero.

Vela was the sword.

And anyone who thinks he's the striker's flamini.. is obviously someone with no intrest in young talent.
Dos Santos hardly was an unsung hero during the U17 WC: all the attenttion was focussed on him and he came second behind Brazilian Anderson in the election of the best player of the tournament. Imo the choice for Dos Santos was mainly due to the media hype around him (playing for FC Barcelona, being compared to Ronaldinho). During the tournament For every brilliant pass Dos Santos lost the ball once by either an overambitious pass or by a poor attempt on goal (Dos Santos can't properly shoot yet). Vela was far more mature and made less mistakes. He played a better tournament.

Mostarac

Established Member
leonardo santiago said:
During the tournament For every brilliant pass Dos Santos lost the ball once by either an overambitious pass or by a poor attempt on goal (Dos Santos can't properly shoot yet). Vela was far more mature and made less mistakes. He played a better tournament.

Saw the same thing on some of the Dos Santos-videos. Seems like he(Dos Santos) wants to do everything on his OWN, that is the reason for him being so ineffective.

Feanor

Established Member
I watched the U-17 tournament because of the Mexican team and Vela was brilliant. I can't believe we signed before everyone else. For those people who are questioning this signing when we have Bendnter, Luopoli and looking at Torres, I assume you're the same people who bash Wenger for our team's lack of depth? I think this is another huge signing with very little risk, we've signed the next potential great striker in the game for the next 5-7 years (I think the 5 year contract is after he turns 18 but I could be wrong) for only 2M and people think this isn't good? We spend 2M on the damn pitch every year!

Buhry

Established Member

Do you mexicans have any update on Carlos Vela?
You mentioned a game on sunday.. Did Vela play, and how did he, and the other mexican young guns perform?

justjoe

if this kid has joined us can anyone tell me why there hasnt been anything about it on the arsenal.com site?

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yup, been reported in the mexican news that Carlos has arrived in london.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yup, been reported in the mexican news that Carlos has arrived in london.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil

Latest posts

Top Bottom