• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cedric Soares: Back It Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Did someone run statistics on how effective the laydown strategy is vs extending the wall? I still find it useless to have a player lying down on the pitch.
Hard to have statistics. When you have a player on the ground the taker will obviously not shoot low. Whether sacrificing a player that could be in the wall or marking players is impossible to judge really.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
This is such a strong squad wtf, you know I really wonder when Brazil/Argentina will win the WC again. The last 4 WCs have been won by 4 different European teams and I can't see it changing any time soon.

DasBootist

From Reddit;

b395xxwandn61.jpg

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Did someone run statistics on how effective the laydown strategy is vs extending the wall? I still find it useless to have a player lying down on the pitch.
All I know is a player will seriously get injured with having his head towards goal and have a low shot hit back of his head. It’s stupid

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Has been really solid for us this season. We’ve neglected RB for so long with Bellerin putting in shoddy performances for years.

Needs to be an area we focus on in the summer. Two quality full backs will make a hell of a difference to the attacking potential of this side

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Didn’t even think about possible injury; now it seems twice as dumb.
I would get it if they had their face facing the ball. But their face is facing the goal and the back of the head is soft. One well placed shot on an unsuspecting player will be really ugly. Just amazing so many in people haven’t thought about that.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I would get it if they had their face facing the ball. But their face is facing the goal and the back of the head is soft. One well placed shot on an unsuspecting player will be really ugly. Just amazing so many in people haven’t thought about that.
Also with someone lying on the ground the wall tends to jump. If the ball was to hit one of the jumpers the impact could push that player back abit and they could be landing on the player on the ground again further risking chance of injury.

Its funny how one team did it and now all the teams seem to do it. Almost like a trend. Definstely stupid if you ask me but there must be some logic to back it up.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Also with someone lying on the ground the wall tends to jump. If the ball was to hit one of the jumpers the impact could push that player back abit and they could be landing on the player on the ground again further risking chance of injury.

Its funny how one team did it and now all the teams seem to do it. Almost like a trend. Definstely stupid if you ask me but there must be some logic to back it up.
I dont think there is logic to it. i think its just teams copying each other.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Assist and decent overall game as Portugal draw 2-2 with Serbia. Much better on the night than Cancelo who had an absolute mare.
We got an European Champion (who played much there) who is 29,5 years old, who starts for the current Champions on the wrong side as a LB in WC qualifiers, for peanuts.

Love how he has performed for us. This start for Portugal as LB came as a total surprise for me.

Not gonna say he is as good as Cancelo, but he is under 3 years older, and didn't cost nearly 65 million. And can play well even on the wrong side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom