• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cesc Fabregas has signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

What the **** is Wenger going on about? Surely Fabregas could have played Right back, back up keeper, holding midfielder and striker for us..... after all he's multi-talented and you just cannot turn down world class players no matter how unnecessary they are.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I'd argue selling Cazorla and bringing in Cesc would've been an upgrade, but that was obviously never on the table.

It made sense not signing Cesc, it's just unfortunate that his only other option was a local rival. I'll never understand any Arsenal fan hating Cesc for his choice though, everyone on here would've done the same.

entropy13

Established Member
Dokaka said:
I'd argue selling Cazorla and bringing in Cesc would've been an upgrade, but that was obviously never on the table.

It made sense not signing Cesc, it's just unfortunate that his only other option was a local rival. I'll never understand any Arsenal fan hating Cesc for his choice though, everyone on here would've done the same.

Done what, exactly?

glaveror

The Jury said:
glaveror said:
GDeep said:
Cesc shafted us when he left, and that's now enabled Chelsea to get him and get him cheap.

You have to be a little off about that. That's his legacy for me now, the bloke who couldn't wait to get away quick enough.

Eexactly. I really can't see why is this so hard to understand for some people. And to read that some people are suggesting that he should be applauded is quite frankly ridiculous.

How the feck have you two managed to link Cesc leaving Arsenal and allowing Chelsea to get him on the cheap in order to bash him? Yes, that is hard to understand. Mainly because it makes no sense at all.

Nothing at all to do with Arsenal not wanting him back; Arsenal not needing him; Wenger, or the fact that he only wanted to play for another London club then?

And why the sore arse about Chelsea getting him relatively cheap, as if your opinions would change if they had to pay £50m? Who are you kidding?

Hey, no need to get all worked up..:)
Ok, so here's my main grudge with Cesc-not the fact that he left for those Catalan ****s, not even the fact that he's joining these blue ****s now-no, what bothers me the most is the fact is the way his transfer to Barcelona happened and on top of that you have to add the fact that I think we got way, way less money than we should have for a player like him. THAT'S the reason I don't like the guy, and never will..I know that maybe that doesn't make too much sense but after all we're football fans so please don't expect any logic on here, ok? At least not all the time heh..
Thanks for reading! :)

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I certainly wasn't happy with the way he left, nor the way he conducted himself during that complete mess of a transfer saga from 2010 to 2011, but I can understand him to an extent - he wanted to go back to the PL where he became the player Barcelona signed, but his prefered destination didn't want him so he had to settle for another one. To make it clear: I don't think he'd have chosen Chelsea over us had we been interested in him, because money wouldn't have been an issue for him considering that he paid a part of the fee, back then when he left us.

Barcelona pushed him out of the club, their "farewell" statement proved that, and Fabregas wanted to solve his future as quickly as possible. I'm glad Wenger didn't sign him, because we just don't need him and our money would be better spend elsewhere.

For Fabregas, I don't care what he does at Chelsea, and I certainly won't wish him well there. That I understand why he signed for them, doesn't change the fact that I despise that club and all it stands for.

ScotVieira

Established Member
Tir Na Nog said:
What the **** is Wenger going on about? Surely Fabregas could have played Right back, back up keeper, holding midfielder and striker for us..... after all he's multi-talented and you just cannot turn down world class players no matter how unnecessary they are.
:D

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
Dokaka said:

Fabregas is too slow for the wings and Özil won't be as effective as he likes to drift out wide, drawing away from his marker. If there's to begin with, then his marker will be the full back and it will be harder to lose him.

Johnny_Blaze

Established Member
A delicious piece of news in the Express this morning.

Barca are refusing to give back the £4m to Fabregas that he paid to Arsenal in 2011 to leave the club.

MaestroCesc

albakos said:
A very good comment from another site and its sums up my feelings on Ce$c very well

I love Cecs but in my opinion i think Arsène Wenger made the right decision by not signing him again.

Let's not forget, this the same player who pushed for a transfer to Barcelona all in the name of trophies, even went as far as paying some of his transfer fees.

Wenger loved him as player, even built the whole team around his qualities, but he stabbed him in the back on the most difficult summer transfer in Wenger era.

Now Wenger has invested time, trust, faith to develop Aaron Ramsey, Jack Wilshere and the likes. Do you guys want him to come back to us and block the chances of the faithful ones who have ended our trophy drought. Come on fellow Gooners think about this. This is a new Arsenal team Wenger is trying to build.

Trust him to do the work. In Arsène we trust.
But he didn't stab Wenger in the back lol? Don't let facts get in the way of a good story. Wenger promised him he could leave... The main reason it was a difficult summer was because Wenger completely mucked up with new transfers.

So many fans just ignoring the truth, saw Tony Adams talking his usual dross about the Chelsea transfer too. Saying it was only for the money.

US_Gooner

Established Member
Arsenal fans are blameless for ripping on Fabregas in the same universe that Fabregas is blameless for ending up at Chelsea.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
SiMamu said:
Dokaka said:

Fabregas is too slow for the wings and Özil won't be as effective as he likes to drift out wide, drawing away from his marker. If there's to begin with, then his marker will be the full back and it will be harder to lose him.

I don't like Cazorla out wide, so my thought wasn't really Fabregas/Özil getting shifted out wide but rather Özil, Fabregas, Wilshere, Ramsey etc. rotating in central mid.

Not a fault of Cazorla to be fair, I've just never been a fan of the wingers dropping so deep and barely ever running in behind. IMO the front 3 should be the outlet for the midfield, especially in a possession based style as the CF is often dropping deep as well.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Dokaka said:

Incorrect, he had a few offers on the table, he said as much.

I'm pretty much over this already, I've seen him in a Chelski shirt and guess what? The World is still spinning!

We've got Mesut Özil, We've got Mesut Özil!!

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Taylor Gang Gunners said:
Dokaka said:

Incorrect, he had a few offers on the table, he said as much.

I'm pretty much over this already, I've seen him in a Chelski shirt and guess what? The World is still spinning!

We've got Mesut Özil, We've got Mesut Özil!!

His family is in London, hence why I said it was his only option. Perhaps it wasn't his only option on paper, but of course he was going to choose a London club when his family (and friends) are there.

Yeah, you don't need him, which is why the outrage from some fans confuse me. He literally wanted to come back but was told no, not much he could do after that.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
Watching Germany play with Özil on the wings, and Kroos dictating play next to a CM like Khedira with Lahm deep made me think maybe Fabregas could have done that for us.

But I also think Cesc lacks the patience to play like Kroos, and we don't have a forward like Muller whose movement is so great, and takes his chances as well.

Gotze - Muller - Özil

---Kroos - Khedira

-------Lahm

vs

Cazorla - Giroud - Özil

---Fabregas - Ramsey

---------Arteta

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Feel nothing about this, weird but I don't care, we've got Mesut Özil.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Says he asked to leave, asked Barcelona to find a way out, the President wanted to keep him.

Desperate to leave Arsenal for Barcelona, desperate to leave Barcelona for Mourinho and Chelsea.

scytheavatar

Established Member
mavelous said:
one thing i don't understand is the warped logic used by some to gauge the level of our ex-players. cesc was allegedly not good enough because we didn't win stuff with him. but that logic isn't applied to van persie who also was here and even in his 18 months fitness window, we still didn't win anything. does that make van persie a **** footballer? (when fit of course, because people will use that card to justify their backwards arguments)

it's even more baffling that players themselves even acknowledged van persie (and fabregas) by voting for them as POTY or YPOTY. but apparently they didn't win, so they weren't good enough..

yet cleverley and valencia win ****, so obviously they must be better than fabregas or nasri. ain't it so?

Van Persie would probably be great for any team in the world, cause he's a pretty complete striker (provided he doesn't get struck injured). Cesc however is a player you need to build a team around to get the best from, and when he was playing for us it's hard to deny we were over reliant on him and looked terrible when he wasn't fir to play for us. There are limits to how far you can go playing that way, which is why since Cesc left us Wenger has been going for midfielders who are more all rounded and can share the burden of creativity.

Had Cesc returned to us we probably would have to return to our old style to get the best of him. Let him play as a borderline second striker and let him dictate everything. Problem is our current team has moved on from that play style. How Cesc will fit into Chelsea remains to be seen, Mourinho is a strong believer in highly disciplined and well drilled play like Pep Guardiola and Cesc could find himself struggling just like he did under Pep.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Well hopefully the jinx that follows Fab is still in play , wherever he goes signifies an end to an era , as it was at Arsenal and then Barca. End of Mourinho ? agent Fabregas ? I can only wish .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom