• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cesc Fabregas

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters

Tnegs

Ronaldo wasn’t missing games or wearing rival shirts on international duty etc.

Then he joined Chelsea which is bitter rival territory, no matter how you look at it.

I would have gone on strike the moment I realized I was playing alongside Diaby, Song and Denilson mate. I don’t know what games he missed but if we had handled the transfer properly it would never have gotten there. Again look at how United did it with Ronaldo.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I would have gone on strike the moment I realized I was playing alongside Diaby, Song and Denilson mate. I don’t know what games he missed but if we had handled the transfer properly it would never have gotten there. Again look at how United did it with Ronaldo.
What didn’t we handle properly? Barcelona low balled us knowing Cesc is pushing to leave from the other end.

Doesn’t matter anyway, the real bitterness come from him joining Chelsea.

steppenwolf

Established Member
What didn’t we handle properly? Barcelona low balled us knowing Cesc is pushing to leave from the other end.

I beg to differ. Didn't care much for the Chelski thing simply bc it was afterwards, but the way he left for that putana club...

Tnegs

Refusing to negotiate in 2010 when it was clear he was going to leave by the next year at the latest. Do what Fergie did get an agreement from the player that he stays another year and he can leave provided a top level fee is agreed. Get the player to put pressure on Barca to come up with the fee we want.

Instead we went on to bottle the season, fked up the League Cup final and thought we were going to keep Cesc despite all that. And ended up losing him for a ridiculous fee after wasting pretty much the whole summer. If you were following that summer you would realize that we completely fked it up by not accepting the inevitable.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Refusing to negotiate in 2010 when it was clear he was going to leave by the next year at the latest. Do what Fergie did get an agreement from the player that he stays another year and he can leave provided a top level fee is agreed. Get the player to put pressure on Barca to come up with the fee we want.

Instead we went on to bottle the season, fked up the League Cup final and thought we were going to keep Cesc despite all that. And ended up losing him for a ridiculous fee after wasting pretty much the whole summer. If you were following that summer you would realize that we completely fked it up by not accepting the inevitable.
I’m sure he signed an 8 year deal in 2006, so we had 4 years remaining in 2010. I did follow that summer, lots of BS happened.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I beg to differ. Didn't care much for the Chelski thing simply bc it was afterwards, but the way he left for that putana club...
He was always returning home. We got him so young, and Barcelona were the best team in Europe by far, he was always going home. Was never joining Real, or English team, or Italy. So it was ALWAYS Barcelona sooner or later.

Tnegs

I’m sure he signed an 8 year deal in 2006, so we had 4 years remaining in 2010. I did follow that summer, lots of BS happened.

You know very well we couldn’t keep an unhappy player. He had already sat through 3 years of the dark ages starting from 2008 which was incredible in itself. How many genuine world class players would have sat through 2008-2011 with us? The writing was on the wall he was going home to play with the best club side in history. We should have worked out a better fee that’s all there is to it.

steppenwolf

Established Member
He was always returning home. We got him so young, and Barcelona were the best team in Europe by far, he was always going home. Was never joining Real, or English team, or Italy. So it was ALWAYS Barcelona sooner or later.
but the way they booted him out in their turn..

MikeVinna

Established Member
but the way they booted him out in their turn..

For all the ****housery Barca pulled he was absolutely wasted in that team. Didn’t even play in midfield much as I recall.

I would’ve taken him back for a redemption, even though we had like 12 central midfielders already.

Going to Chelsea just put in the final nail for me. Never cared for him since..

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Such a shame he his talent here, wasn't matched by trophies...one FA cup feels quite underwhelming considering how good he was at Arsenal.

2006... European golden boy.
2008...PFA young player of the year and team of the year.
2010...PFA team of the year again.

...world class really, bar Vieira he's the best central midfielder Arsène had.

Was so proud he became a world champion while being an Arsenal player, plus regrets over a lot of stuff that happened with him since 2010 (some his fault, other things not his fault) ups and downs for days!

Sometimes he does kinda play both sides a bit too much for my liking with Arsenal and Chelsea, but at least he always speaks well about the club.

Happy retirement Fabregas, for better or for worse (bar Henry) I haven't and probably won't ever love a player more.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Best midfielders of the Wenger Era
3) Fabregas 2) Vieira 1) Kallstrom

I don’t understand the hate for Fabregas. Yeah I was deeply upset at the time when Anelka, Cole, RVP, Nasri, Cesc left but it was a lifetime ago. Wasted energy man. It’s a job and you do what you can to earn £££ before you shuffle off this mortal coil.

Happy retirement Cesc, wishing you all the best.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Probably my fav goal of his...

...what's Ledley King even trying to do there ffs, imagine thinking he was a good defender 🤣🤣🤣

GDeep™

League is very weak

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Oh wow, Cesc retired?!

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I must admit other Arsenal transfers have rankled a lot more than Cesc.

Frank Stapleton was my first taste of a top player leaving. Me and my uncle tore down his poster, marched off to the backyard, and tried to set it alight. My grandmother was watching with bemusement from the kitchen windown. As the poster refused to catch fire, we availed ourselves of some chainsaw petrol in my grandfather's shed, and Mr. Stapleton went up in flames with aplomb, along with my uncle's eyebrows....

RvP was rather hurtful, mostly because we had stood by him during all his injuries, and when he finally grew into a top player, he ****ed off! Nasri was more a product of our financials, and he was an easy target of rancour, but it didn't really signify.

Pretty sure West Ham fans feel a bit of the pain we've suffered when losing a top player.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I must admit other Arsenal transfers have rankled a lot more than Cesc.

Frank Stapleton was my first taste of a top player leaving. Me and my uncle tore down his poster, marched off to the backyard, and tried to set it alight. My grandmother was watching with bemusement from the kitchen windown. As the poster refused to catch fire, we availed ourselves of some chainsaw petrol in my grandfather's shed, and Mr. Stapleton went up in flames with aplomb, along with my uncle's eyebrows....

RvP was rather hurtful, mostly because we had stood by him during all his injuries, and when he finally grew into a top player, he ****ed off! Nasri was more a product of our financials, and he was an easy target of rancour, but it didn't really signify.

Pretty sure West Ham fans feel a bit of the pain we've suffered when losing a top player.

I think it’s all been pretty open with Rice and I’m guessing most ’ammers wish him well. But we did inflict maximum pain on another fanbase when we bagged one of the most controversial signings in football history. The players number was 23.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom