• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Champions League 2019/20

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Sp**s really look so shaky defensively they faced with today 100 shoots so far this season i dont know if that make Poch bad coach too.

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Watching Shaktar for a bit and it seems that every team that tries to play out from the back can do it better than us. Nice.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
Watching Shaktar for a bit and it seems that every team that tries to play out from the back can do it better than us. Nice.
That's probably because it isn't that difficult. We just can't do it because we've got a manager coaching the players to do absolute nonsense.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Tbf 3 of our back 4 includes Sokratis, Kolasinac and AMN. It's no wonder it's so bad. Maybe when we have Bellerin and Tierney as our full-backs and hopefully one of Chambers/Holding can displace Sokratis then it'll be better.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Tbf 3 of our back 4 includes Sokratis, Kolasinac and AMN. It's no wonder it's so bad. Maybe when we have Bellerin and Tierney as our full-backs and hopefully one of Chambers/Holding can displace Sokratis then it'll be better.
I used to think the same mate. But are the guys you listed that much worse than on the ball than Norwich’s injury decimated back four or Shaktar’s?

Maybe we do just have a very technically poor defence but I’m not sure.

I used to think the same mate. But are the guys you listed that much worse than on the ball than Norwich’s injury decimated back four or Shaktar’s?

Maybe we do just have a very technically poor defence but I’m not sure.

It is the manager. We should be doing better. The manager seems to be clueless.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
The defence isn't exactly the whole issue in this passing game.

I've had an opinion for a long time (Since late Wenger era actually) that our midfield causes most of our defensive ****ups.

Our midfielders do not usually make themselves available for a pass. You can not expect most defenders to play a ball under pressure, so you should drop deep and make yourself available. If one midfielder is marked, the second should drop deeper or the fullback should tuck inside instead of going higher. Neither of this happens, and the defender has to play the ball to a guy who is being pressured (Example: Sokratis's pass to Guendouzi) or hit it long

We also concede a lot of goals from balls that are initially cleared by our defence because of unmarked midfielders getting a shot away from said clearance.

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom