• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Champions League 2019/20

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Nah @Tir Na Nog said he’s the best striker in the world. Can’t be true.

I said he's the most complete striker in the world which is true. I've yet to be disproved about this. Sp**s are a complete disaster now, if Kane was able to carry them on his own then he's far better than even I thought.

And no Lewandowski scoring against that defence doesn't automatically undo the last 5 years of him doing nothing in the CL knockout stages.

blaze_of_glory

Yeah I honestly think it's time xG is put to bed there's so many factors which aren't taken into account.
It's next to meaningless in one-off games. The whole point is that it tracks what you would expect the score to be based on how chances are usually converted. The usually part is why it generally becomes more and more accurate over a run of games.

It's like climate vs daily weather.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
It's next to meaningless in one-off games. The whole point is that it tracks what you would expect the score to be based on how chances are usually converted. The usually part is why it generally becomes more and more accurate over a run of games.
It's next to meaningless, full stop. Squad cost, xg, are people determined to suck all the fun out of football, ffs.

blaze_of_glory

It's next to meaningless, full stop. Squad cost, xg, are people determined to suck all the fun out of football, ffs.
I do think it probably struggles to deal with things like player quality. But then maybe more advanced models take that into account? I dunno.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I said he's the most complete striker in the world which is true. I've yet to be disproved about this. Sp**s are a complete disaster now, if Kane was able to carry them on his own then he's far better than even I thought.

And no Lewandowski scoring against that defence doesn't automatically undo the last 5 years of him doing nothing in the CL knockout stages.

I think Aguero’s been disproving you for the last ten years but you do you man.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I do think it probably struggles to deal with things like player quality. But then maybe more advanced models take that into account? I dunno.
There's no advancing this ****.

People act as if football is complicated. Put the ball in the net, simples. It it actually was more complicated then that, then none of us would watch. XG is bollocks.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Some result that. Almost seems like English teams can ship 7 goals in Europe, just like a certain Scottish team albeit they do so on a fraction of the English teams budget.

Impact

Established Member
Sp**s at the end of a cycle. Wonder who they target to replace Poch? Squad needs a rebuild but Levy is prone to prudence.

Malky

Established Member
Sp**s at the end of a cycle. Wonder who they target to replace Poch? Squad needs a rebuild but Levy is prone to prudence.
They miss out on top 4 this season and they're in serious, serious ****.
3 of their 'star' players leaving on free transfers and they won't have the finances needed to replace them. They've also got average, at best, fullbacks and Lloris pushing 33 with no decent young keeper coming through. I'm also pretty convinced we're seeing the last season of Kane as a Sp**s player.
Sp**s purple patch is coming to an end.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Remember when people here where saying we should get Aurier to replace Bellerin? :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation

Latest posts

Top Bottom