• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw Champions League Quarter Finals 1st Leg: Arsenal 2 - 2 Bayern Munich | Tuesday 9th April | KO: 20:00 BST | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_arsenal.jpg

Screenshot-20240407-212037-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240407-211957-Chrome.jpg

Prediction

Arsenal 2-0 Bayern

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I was worried about the exertion we put in against Brighton but on rewatch I felt we actually slowed the game down enough apart from one or two 5 mins spells to conserve our energy. Apart from Gabriel, Saliba, White, Havertz and Ødegaard, everyone else has been rotated. Gabriel and White did not play in the international break at all so that's good. White also has Tomiyasu as cover. Havertz and especially Ødegaard are the two players who could be close to the dreaded red zone.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
I think we're being far too arrogant. Unlike us, they have at least 2-3 match winners in their side. Kane, Musiala, Coman. We shouldn't underestimate them playing **** and yet still coming away with a result.

We need to turn the screws and not let Bayern breath.

People have said this before every game. People nervous about Brighton, Newcastle, West Ham etc. we smashed them all!!
No reason why we can’t smash the worst Bayern side in years either

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Just over 7 years ago, Bayern nearly ruined my 3 year anniversary by smashing us 5-1 in the first leg in our Champions League match v them...

1457673_180875055446201_664834250_n.jpg

...this changes this time, we are BEATING them on our way to our first semi final since 2009...COYG!

Riou

Just over 7 years ago, Bayern nearly ruined my 3 year anniversary by smashing us 5-1 in the first leg in our Champions League match v them...

...this changes this time, we are BEATING them on our way to our first semi final since 2009...COYG!

Look at that glorious forehead, Arteta could do his whole pre match tactical layout on that bad boy 😍

remains

We are more than capable of knocking Bayern out over two legs, but this will be a test of the team’s mentality. Not many of our players have experience of a crunch match against a European powerhouse in the business end of the CL. These kind of games are the pinnacle of club football. Will they rise to the occasion?

Make no mistake, if we don’t turn up, Bayern will punish us. However, I believe this Arsenal team has what it takes.

Riou

It's 4-0 to Bayern in European knockout ties between us, would be great for the belief in this team to break that duct against them.

Tom Mix

I expect a constant roar from our fans (myself included) which will not cease throughout the game and make the atmosphere difficult even for seasoned performers like Bayern.

The absence of away goals counting double will benefit us here as we can afford to play sensibly but without fear. They may have more experience individually and collectively but let's not forget that we have a number of players (Havertz, Jorginho, Jesus, Zinchenko, Partey) who've been involved in this competition in its latter stages, and Rice who has won a (lesser) European trophy. This is not city slickers v country cousins.

We know this is not a game to rotate but Arteta may have selected the team against Brighton with this a little in mind. It's difficult to see him play Jorginho here for 90 minutes so maybe Partey starts? Kiwior has done enough to make a case for himself, Zinchenko's wanderings may be problematic, but Tomiyasu is also an option.

Up front it's either Martinelli for a fast start or hold him back to hit them when they start tiring. I think the latter with Jesus starting. Trossard has to play a part, but may be from the bench again - I wonder if he is the best option if we have to give Ødegaard (not necessarily in this game) a few minutes off. ESR also but more likely in the Villa game if we're doing well.

Expect Havertz to relive old battles with Bayern, he is normally calm but he can be a bit rash in some challenges so must be wary of being wound up.

We can win this. Let's be firm and dominant but also patient. Not a disaster if it's 0-0 at half-time. I think we'll do this at least 2-0 or 3-1 but wouldn't be surprised if we did better if we fly off the blocks. Any kind of defeat would be chastening and problematic. A draw is far from ideal but not the end of the world.

COYG!!!

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

We dont need pictures of you and your ex boyfriend, mate.

GoonerJay24

People have said this before every game. People nervous about Brighton, Newcastle, West Ham etc. we smashed them all!!
No reason why we can’t smash the worst Bayern side in years either

True, but this is the Champions League; the real level. Last time out, we almost got fkund out by Porto.

This is going to be a tough game. Our only advantage is they won't have any fans.

Think this will end 2-2

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
We are more than capable of knocking Bayern out over two legs, but this will be a test of the team’s mentality. Not many of our players have experience of a crunch match against a European powerhouse in the business end of the CL. These kind of games are the pinnacle of club football. Will they rise to the occasion?

Make no mistake, if we don’t turn up, Bayern will punish us. However, I believe this Arsenal team has what it takes.
Remains to be seen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom