• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Chelsea FC: Carabottlejobs

Dammit

I was rooting for us to get in the same group with Videoton, so I could have seen us play live for the first time in my lifetime. Want Chelsea to beat them though, **** club with coccuption behind the scenes (with state money).

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Sarri being pressed on why he doesn't play Kante in his usual DM role. This was Sarri's response.

I think the media have been twisting his words a bit. They took it as he was launching an attack on Kante in general. I think he was just saying that basically he wants Kante to be similar to the way he used Allan at Napoli. He wants him to stay close to Jorginho when they had the ball on the left but attack more when they've got the ball on the other side, vs Sp**s Kante didn't do a good job of this and was leaving the position he should have been in a lot leaving Jorginho extremely isolated.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Chelsea fans wouldn't defend racist abuse, would they? Let's ask The Shed End:
Ok, what exactly was said then? So far the only ‘evidence’ is a video without sound.

I’m not condoning it if it was indeed what’s it’s being said it is but this is Chelsea and there is always a witch hunt out for us whenever racism is concerned.
If Rio claims it's racism, it probably isn't
Why are the likes of Iain Wright and so many others calling this racism? Look, I'm really bad at lip reading I'll be honest, but I just can't make out what the guy is saying. It doesn't look nice, but how can anyone be sure that was racism? I can't hear a word and I can't make out at all what the guy is saying.
How do one man's actions affect the entire club and put it in a negative light?

Why should we even care about this? Everybody can go to the stadium.
Heard a couple of thousand Sp**s fans shouting “y*ds, y*ds” a couple of weeks ago, but strangely enough no one at Wembley complained...

Same as some rappers use the N word and it’s deemed acceptable
god forbid Sterling on his 300k a week wages can sleep at night after being called a "c***" by Mark in the stands.
Don't get me wrong I'm not condoning their actions and if it was indeed racially motivated as others have suggested it warrants a ban and criminal prosecution, but to suggest a 50+ yr old man should stay quiet and not shout any abuse is perhaps a bit OTT
Yep. Half the Shed would have got life bans if today’s standards were applied to the 70s early 80’s.
he really disturbing in the whole situation is how many people are keen to put a ban just because of one insult.
Probably the best take on this situation:
Yes, I tried repeating what he said. I tried saying both manc and black c*** in the mirror and both are similar, the "m" looks like a "b"

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It's always Chelsea.

Look at the language they used in their official club statement. "Any fan who cannot summon the brainpower" sounds like it was written by an intern, not an experienced PR professional. Sometimes when you hear a parent speak, it becomes clear why their child is such a weapon. But I'm more concerned by focus on self preservation in the club statement (e.g. "those who bring shame to the club").

Chelsea missed a chance to demonstrate a more progressive commitment to instilling a culture based on values of inclusiveness and instead went hammer and tong to save their own reputation. Looking at those fan comments above, they again are focused on the media coverage and "whataboutisms" rather than the abhorrent behaviour of their fans.

Having said all of that, it is not just a Chelsea problem. Nor a football problem. Like John Barnes said you can't compartmentalise an issue that's cultural to a set of rules in a specific sport and expect it to go away. That's like when parents ban their kids from watching TV at home and think they won't go do it at their friend's house.

Rowan Atkinson once described British society as a "Veneer of tolerance masking a snakepit of unchallenged and unaired views". I often feel the same when I'm around people who feel the need to suppress their opinions about issues like nationalism when I'm in the room. I'd rather you say what you think to my face and we try and discuss where that view comes from.

It's not the responsibility of the authorities to teach people the difference between good and bad. It's the responsibility of the authorities to ensure that obstacles to progression into leadership such as the blatant nepotism amongst English football chairmen is addressed.

Again, those working class Chelsea supporters aren't the real problem. The systems and structures that allow more powerful, but muted individuals who think like them, are.

Last edited:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

People seem to give him an easier time than Emery for some reason

People seem to give him an easy time in general considering he's never won a trophy and is near 60. He also took over a team that was champions only 19 months ago and has the same points as Emery's Arsenal who took over a terribly unbalanced squad that finished 6th.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom