• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Christoph Metzelder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Dula

Established Member
Metzelder

German paper 'Bild' has linked Christopher Metzelder to Arsenal. Says he is currently injured tho.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Metzelder's a very impressive defender. He had a superb world-cup and would be a great signing but I can't see much substance to this story.

Sammer

Established Member
Usually "BILD" has very good sources when it comes to football (although they are a SUN-style paper), but quite reliable in sports.

He is superb - and good friends with MADJENS...I can´t see him leaving though before his contract expires...

patrick42uk

Established Member
arent dortmund in a bit of financial bother getting knocked out of champs league and uefa cup as well? i hear they are having to borrow over 100 million euros to stay afloat or something to that respect. I also heard that top stars like rosicky, ewerthon and metzelder will have to be sold. Metzelder would be quality.

Sammer

Established Member
You are right, Patrick. They are in a financial desaster and their performance doesn´t give much hope.

Metzelder and Rosicky are the key players - I believe that both of them want to be sold.

Metzelder is a great (central) defender. I know this comparison kind of lacks, but he is the Nesta-type of player who is capable of keeping a defense together.

Plus, he is exactly the type of player who wants to play either in the Spanish League (has been linked with Real couple of times), Seria A or EPL.

His friendship with MadJens makes - if he is to be sold - makes a move to Arsenal quite likely.
Although not cheap, he is not the type that goes merely by the money.

Adam

Established Member
Will only be bought if Wenger want's Toure at RB and sees Senderos as not being good enough for the first team.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Thats interesting. I think if you asked everyone else, the majority would say Mexes. Personally either one would be great.

siddharth

lewdikris said:
Metzelder is bloody brilliant. But would cost a packet. A big fat packet.

Agree.But we could table a offer of 5m + wiltord,kanu and lauren.:wink:
They would laugh at first but Arsenal would surely receive a Positive response the next day.Those three players will really help poor Dortmound :cry:

Sammer

Established Member
...if nobody else has a bid. I am afraid, that there will be quite a few clubs interested in Metzelder - from Bayern Munich to Chelski (just to avoid Arsenal signing him).

JazzG

Established Member
I've just found out his contract expires in 2005 as well, puts us in an even better position. Think loads of clubs will go after him though :(

johe

JazzG said:
I've just found out his contract expires in 2005 as well, puts us in an even better position. Think loads of clubs will go after him though :(

I think that will be down to which club he'd personally like to go to, out of the teams that table bids. I think that all the teams interested in him will pretty much bid close to the same thing. (except maybe chelski)

Sammer

Established Member
JazzG said:
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/article.asp?id=180096

He has said he is in no rush at the moment.

Sammer your probably in the best position to say, if we put in a £8-10mill bid do you think Dortmund would let him go?

Thing is with Metzelder: although he will be hunted, he is the type that doesn´t merely decide for big $$$.

The fact that MadJens is at Arsenal (his best buddy back then at Borussia) makes a transfer to Arsenal quite likely.

Borussia Dortmund is falling apart with Rosícky leaving. Metzelder always wanted to play in the EPL. He stated this more than once.

He is a very intelligent player who needs that strong bond and identification with a club. Arsenal would be just perfect.

Knowing that he will leave latest in 2005, Borussia Dortmund will most likely a 10 million bid for Metzelder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom