• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Chuba Akpom (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

There was that lad that went to Germany last summer for a million or two, can't remember his name. Hayden to Newcastle the summer before that. Wonder how the costs for training them and wages compares to the fees received.
That answer is impossible to quantify. Did they come through as a 9 year old kid? Did they get signed from another club I.e. Coquelin, Walcott. Did they get a massive pay rise early doors like Fabregas?

My opinion is at a club like Arsenal the vast majority of youth players shouldn't make the first team. Not because they aren't talented enough but Because we know players develop at different rates and at different ages. Some players may have talent but never fulfil it. The academy should be there to generate money for the first team and cover the academy costs. And when it lays a golden goose like Fabregas or Wilshere then all the better. The academy should be geared up to give those who come through it a fulfilling career in football. And for the ones that really succeed you bite the bullet and buy them instead of slowly developing them and losing the golden goose you developed because they've waited so long for success I.e. Rvp and Fabregas.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Good move for us and Chuba. The Belgian league has progressively gotten better and better. Good place for him to get minutes and improve his game.

I always hoped that one of Benik Afobe, Chuks Aneke, and Chuba Akpom would make it here. They were some of the best players at youth level. However, I think I current young players are some of the best we've had in a long time.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I always hoped that one of Benik Afobe, Chuks Aneke, and Chuba Akpom would make it here. They were some of the best players at youth level.
Aneke is the one that I always imagined would be a great success

Still try to keep up with his career

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
I do hope we've got a clause or two in the deal such as a percentage of any profit made. A few good seasons over there and he'd soon start commanding a fee of £8m+

Last edited:

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Being reported that Akpom is headed to Greek side PAOK on a permanent deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom