• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Fenerbahçe | 05/11/08

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
images
vs
images

If Sagna, Walcott and Adebayor are out, I would pick this team:

-------------Almunia

Toure-Djourou-Silvestre-Clichy

Eboue---Denilson-Cesc---Nasri

---------van Persie--Vela

Lord Dula

Established Member
Re: Arsenal vs Fenerbahce | Champions League | 5/11/08 | 19:45

Can see Guiza bagging a couple in a 2-2 draw.

Zico

Established Member
Re: Champions League: Arsenal vs Fenerbahce | Weds 5/11/08 19:45

I cannot see Wenger sending that team out. Expect to see Song or Diaby in that midfield, and maybe Vela on the bench. That team is way too lightweight and Wenger would be scared that we would lose the midfield battle.

I expect Fenerbahce to be confident coming in given the events of the past few days. The group standings suggest that we can afford to lose this game, but I am worried that if we lost it the psychological effect could be enormous on these kids. They might be robbed of their belief.

gunner_down_under

2-0 win for Fenerbache, and another 3-1 loss on the weekend to Man Utd. I want this team to lose the next 5 games so the Board can even contemplate the fact that there maybe life beyond Wenger.

Zico

Established Member

Gunner, I see what you are saying, but I am sure you will accept that there is a slight flaw in that reasoning.

gunner_down_under

Haha, a slight flaw?? Thats the most retarted post I have sent mate. But I'm sure you can understand the "meaning" of the post.

SimplyFabregas

Established Member

I wanna see this, never gonna happen though.

-------------Fabianksi--------------

Eboue - Djourou - Silvestre - Clichy

Vela - Ramsey - Fabregas - Nasri

-------Van Persie - Bendnter-------

GoonerGurjit

Established Member

We have to win this game in order to go in to the Man United game with any sembelance of confidence. Also a win and we're pretty much qualified for the next round.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I was expecting a stronger lineup against Stokes and a weaker lineup against Fenerbahce. After yesterday's result, the manager's hands would be tighter in squad selection. Before I was thinking a win in Stokes is a must and a draw in midweek wouldn't be bad (with half of a Carling Cup lineup). But Wenger seems to have a different priority...

TomasCR

Established Member

--------------Almunia----------------
Eboue---Gallas/Toure---Silvestre---Clichy
---------------Song---------------------
Nasri----Denilson-----Fabregas------Diaby
----------------RvP-----------------------

Difficult to say what the line-up will be though but I would play with this one. Vela and Bedtner could have something to say too...

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Waiting for injury news to predict the lineup.

Will probably give them a good thrashing. This season we are just better in CL

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1

----Almunia----

Eboue---Djourou---Silvestre---Gallas(if available)/Gibbs

Wilshere/Ramsey---Ramsey/Cesc---Clichy---Nasri/Wilshere

RvP---Ade

I f*cking hope for a f*cking win and a **** of a f*cking clean sheet from these f*cking f*ckers.

M+D

Established Member

I'd make a real statement and drop everyone who hasn't shown the desire and spirit we need - give the youngsters who have something to prove instead. Fener are useless away from home anyway, so I'd play this team:

------------- Fabianski --------------
Eboue --- Djourou ---- Gallas -- Clichy
Wilshere - Ramsey - Denilson/Song - Nasri
----------- Vela ----- Bendtner -------

We should drop Fabregas, as enough is enough - no one should be undroppable at a club like Arsenal and he hasn't had one game that I'd consider to be anywhere near what he is capable of.

Vela/Bendtner looked great pre-season and in the CC, trying them out again wouldn't be a bad move, and I think Ramsey and Wilshere deserve their chance to prove a point and perhaps scare some of the so called 1st teamers.

AliBabaBrewer

Wanted:
Fabianski
Eboue-Djourou-Toure-Clichy
Ramsey-Denilson-Fabregas-Nasri
Van Persie-Bendtner

Realistic:
Almunia
Toure-Djourou-Silvestre-Clichy
Eboue-Denilson-Fabregas-Nasri
Van Persie-Bendtner

Asterix

Established Member

I'd rest Cesc too, not even on the bench - need him fresh for Man Utd. Drop van Persie for his ridiculous behaviour, and drop Almunia and Song too.

Let's have:

Fabianski

Toure Djourou Silvestre Clichy

Eboue Denilson Diaby Nasri

Bendtner Vela

bench: Almunia Song Gallas Ramsey Wilshere Wilshere van Persie

henry79

Merida+Denilson said:
I'd make a real statement and drop everyone who hasn't shown the desire and spirit we need - give the youngsters who have something to prove instead. Fener are useless away from home anyway, so I'd play this team:

We should drop Fabregas, as enough is enough - no one should be undroppable at a club like Arsenal and he hasn't had one game that I'd consider to be anywhere near what he is capable of.

Vela/Bendtner looked great pre-season and in the CC, trying them out again wouldn't be a bad move, and I think Ramsey and Wilshere deserve their chance to prove a point and perhaps scare some of the so called 1st teamers.

you cant drop cesc, he will always be the first name on the team sheat because we dont have anyone better in that position,the sooner people can get that the better.

dutchMasta

-------------------Almunia------------------
Eboue---Djourou--Silvestre----Clichy
Vela-------Song----Fabregas----Nasri
----------Bendtner-----RVP---------------

Damn...it's hard to pick a team now in our current situation. Want to drop RVP to prepare the next guy against Man U, but don't want Diaby up front or on the wing. If we win this, we're pretty much through and can afford to relax a bit in the other group stage matches, depending on other results of course, and hopefully can ease the pressure during the heavy congestion of fixtures.

Worried though, Bendtner and RVP don't really work well together and I do want to rest a few players for Man U. So if any of Cesc or Nasri aren't playing that great, or they are but the result is pretty much decided, then we should sub them off straight away, get on Denilson and Diaby. Maybe Wilshere can have an appearance.

Sucks that our injury list has gone from great to **** in a matter of days. Suppose that's normal for Arsenal though. Line-up for man u will be interesting though.

M+D

Established Member

henry79 said:
Merida+Denilson said:

you cant drop cesc, he will always be the first name on the team sheat because we dont have anyone better in that position,the sooner people can get that the better.

Don't be stupid - it's a team game and we can cope without an off form Fabregas quite easily against a poor Fenerbahce team. Teams are about playing on form players in their favoured positions next to their preferred partners. Fabregas has been allowed to play every game without showing any glimpses of cesc from last season, the game against Fener can be an opportunity to let Ramsey try and shine in his position while Fabregas is left out as an example that he isn't undroppable.

Too many players are too comfortable with their places in the team - maybe a great performance from Ramsey in Cesc's position would give him a warning that he has got other players who can do his job.

And of course I am not saying to drop Fabregas for Man Utd as well - just give him a warning that he needs to improve.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I would rest Cesc, Silvestre, and Denilson for the ManU game.

-----------Almunia-------
Eboue--Toure--Djourou--Clichy
Wilshere--Ramsey--Song--Nasri
-------van Persie--Vela

A win wiil be nice good, a draw wont be too bad. A loss will make me foul mouthing for the whole week.

Can't believe the lineup I put. Lord I really miss Gilberto and Phil.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

tactica442 said:
Can't believe the lineup I put. Lord I really miss Gilberto and Phil.
Speaking of Phil, what was the point of us sending him out on loan? he hasnt seen a single minute of time for Milan so far, and they have certainly had their fair share of injuries at the CB position.. if he cant get any time, we should have kept him as he would have gotten some game time with us at least...

meh

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom