• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Fenerbahçe | 05/11/08

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Re: Arsenal vs Fenerbahce | Champions League | 5/11/08 | 19:45

Anybody going to this one?

Even when we have no players, I still have trouble trying to guess what team we are gonna see.

Doesn't matter anyways, aslong as I see Eboue then I am content.

number_0

Established Member

1-1 draw, hopefully our equaliser comes in the 94th minutes so wenger can talk about desire, hunger and passion and how we bounced from the stoke loss with a convincing draw against the turks in the emirates, and how he will play the same team against manure next week.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

USArsenal said:
tactica442 said:
Can't believe the lineup I put. Lord I really miss Gilberto and Phil.
Speaking of Phil, what was the point of us sending him out on loan? he hasnt seen a single minute of time for Milan so far, and they have certainly had their fair share of injuries at the CB position.. if he cant get any time, we should have kept him as he would have gotten some game time with us at least...

meh
Can't say I saw many tears here at the time when Sendy was sent on loan. :wink: I too would want to see Cesc rested; I'm not a fan of the conflation between resting and dropping, but surely he needs to have a breather. Put him on the bench if we must. And I'd definitely like to see Djourou - I wanted him to play at Stoke and was excited when it was suggested he was starting.

DOUBLE-YOU

i can't believe some of the line-ups that have been suggested. we need to sew this group up as quick as possible, then we can rest players.

no we can't start with wilshere or ramsey. both are talented but both are tactically naive. it amazes me how supporters ***** about inexperience, then suggest we drop diaby, toure, cesc or denilson for less experienced players.
why would anyone want dojourou instead of toure? he offers nothing different and is more prone to errors.

asajoseph

Established Member

I'm going, though part of me wishes I wasn't.

I'm finding it quite hard to feel enthusiastic about this game, at the moment.

flobaba

Frankly.. i'm really not interested in this game at this point in time. Maybe in a day or two my disappointment with the team would have dissipated a little and then i'll be able to contribute something more constructive. For now all i can say is that our performances virtually all season have been very poor, and i'm not expecting any magic to happen between now and game time. Even if we win by another massive scoreline, which i doubt anyway considering the injury situation and the squad's low confidence, i won't be impressed. Why? Because we don't know which Arsenal will show up the next game, and then the game after that and so on and so forth.

famous no 10

Established Member

I'm going to this one...at least it gives me a chance to shout at them properly.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I think we might see a good football match. Im trying to seperate the CL campaign from our domesic one.

You never know, we might do something.

asajoseph

Established Member

So long as we don't face Utd, Chelsea, or probably Liverpool, there's a good chance we could do something in the CL.

I feel like this the same way I did about the game at Stoke - we should win, though with this Arsenal side, absoultely anything could happen. But if we do win, we'll have achieved absoultely nothing, and if we don't, it'll be be more of the same abject Arsenal.

Nothing could happen against Fenerbahce that will change the way I see this Arsenal side. It's the next four Premiership games we need to get out of the way.

giuliob

Any injury updates today?

arsenalfc0719

Established Member

We should win this game. We ussually don't have too much trouble scoring goals against teams that are utter **** defensively, unless of course, Fener bag a few goals them selfs, which is very possible with our back line and goalkeeper, so you can never be too sure of anything.

DOUBLE-YOU

flobaba said:
Frankly.. i'm really not interested in this game at this point in time. Maybe in a day or two my disappointment with the team would have dissipated a little and then i'll be able to contribute something more constructive. For now all i can say is that our performances virtually all season have been very poor, and i'm not expecting any magic to happen between now and game time. Even if we win by another massive scoreline, which i doubt anyway considering the injury situation and the squad's low confidence, i won't be impressed. Why? Because we don't know which Arsenal will show up the next game, and then the game after that and so on and so forth.

really?

as far as i can recall arsenal have been poor in 3 games. fulham, hull and stoke. this season we have been a team of extremes. we play awesome for a few games then we produce a really poor perfomance. we have been exceptional as we have been poor. to say our performaneces have been poor all season is not true. we were awesome against Sp**s but also sloppy at the end. i don't think the last 5 mins of that game should cloud how well the team played.
the west ham game was a case of grinding out a result, and that's what top teams do. lets not kid ourselfs, the invincibles didn't go the whole season playing silky football. there were many games were we were fortunate to leave with a point. everyone is saying chelsea are playing wonderful football this year, but they too had to grind out results. they done it against stoke and wigan. they were awful against liverpool and Sp**s.
this is real football not a fantasy world. how do you think the team would fair if everyon had that nagative slant on our season. please stay more positive.

lee1001

Established Member

Their confidence is shattered. Probably at an all time low and it will be interesting to see how the younger players respond.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member

Good news: Alex is out for Fener:

Fenerbahçe SK captain Alex will miss his side's trip to Arsenal FC on Wednesday due to a thigh strain.

The 31-year-old Brazilian playmaker was forced to leave the pitch three minutes before half-time during Saturday's 2-2 Turkish league draw at Eskişehirspor and although early diagnoses were positive about his chances of facing Arsenal, a scan has revealed that Alex had serious inflammation in his right thigh. "We have immediately started his treatment but it is impossible for him to play against Arsenal," said club doctor Piyer Arzuman.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/news/kind=1/newsid=769085.html?cid=rssfeed&att=competitions/ucl/index" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/news/kind ... /ucl/index</a>

TomasCR

Established Member

Fenerbahce are a **** side as we could see in the first game and even thought we have some more players on our injure list it shouldn´t be a problem to beat them. Let´s try to do something in the CL if we are not capable of doing it in the PL...

Wait a sec, that last sentence doesn´t make any sense.

dutchMasta

Maybe they'll respond by being cocky after remembering our 5-2 victory, and being the 1st team to beat them at their home ground.

Hope to see some Vela and (late on) Wilshere action. Wenger really needs to select carefully. Fener are crap, but they dismantled the crap out of us last time, and Almunia was there to stop everything. I somehow doubt he'll repeat the same heroics. But then again, that was with Song and Silvestre at the back.

ricky1985

Established Member

I would love to see Wilshere play, but lets not kid ourselves he probably wont even be in the squad. Ramsey may sneak into the squad but he wont even come on in all likely hoood.

We'll probably see;

Almunia
Eboue-Toure-Silvestre-Clichy
Denilson-Fabregas-Song-Nasri
Diaby/Rvp
Bendtner

We will probably thrash them with a gallic flair and elegant panache, in a glorious vindication of Wenger's great vision.....at least thats what he shall think.

Any news on Walcott?

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

Eboue is probably still injured (though nothing has been said about either him, Gallas, Sagna, Ade or Theo yet), so I think we'll see Djourou or Touré on the rightback.

This should be a good rebound game before United. I'm more than happy with one or two goals forward and a clean sheet. I think both Wilshere and Ramsey will be on the bench, perhaps joined by Bischoff or Jay Simpson. I would drop Robin in a heartbeat for this game, though. We will get a result regardless and there are more important players to give some playing time to right now.

sparky44

Asterix said:
I'd rest Cesc too, not even on the bench - need him fresh for Man Utd. Drop van Persie for his ridiculous behaviour, and drop Almunia and Song too.

Let's have:

Fabianski

Touré Djourou Silvestre Clichy

Eboue Denilson Diaby Nasri

Bendtner Vela

bench: Almunia Song Gallas Ramsey Wilshere Wilshere van Persie

Oh that team stinks. The scariest thing about this XI is that its a very real possibility wenger will put out a team like this on wednesday. Things are going **** at the minute but when your midfield looks like the way that does its no ****ing wonder

Come on the arsenal!

GaelForce22

Established Member

psycho said:
Anybody going to this one?

Even when we have no players, I still have trouble trying to guess what team we are gonna see.

Doesn't matter anyways, aslong as I see Eboue then I am content.

Yup, am down in 26. I'm not though bothered about the line-up as long as Van Persie and Bendtner don't start up front together. They have to be the least dynamic/pacy Arsenal pairing there's been in Wengers time at the club.
Ideally, I'd want this team to start:

---------------Fabianski

Eboue----Gallas----Silvestre----Clichy

Ramsey/Wilshere--Diaby--Denilson--Nasri

------------Vela---Bendtner

with Fabregas and Van Persie to come on if there are any problems.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom