• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Fenerbahçe | 05/11/08

progman07

Established Member
Re: Arsenal vs Fenerbahce | Champions League | 5/11/08 | 19:45

Gurgen said:
I'd start RvP and Vela. Bendtner doesn't deserve a start after his horror show at Stoke.
Well, I think every fan would like to see the bad performing players dropped, but Wenger probably hasn't learned from his previous mistakes. He will try to avoid making his players lose more confidence, so he will put them into the starting lineup. So that's what I expect (maybe injured players with '?'):

Almunia
Toure Silvestre Gallas(?)/Song Clichy
Eboue(?)/Diaby Cesc Denilson Nasri
RvP Bendtner

Of course I'd like to see Vela, Ramsey, Wilshere, Djourou, but there is no chance for them, with maybe the exception of Djourou, if Gallas is still injured.

Also, it is an Emirates game, what do you think, will the stadium be full, or many fans won't go? Also, will there be loud boos?

Gurgen

Established Member

dutchMasta said:
DOUBLE-YOU said:
probable team

almunia

eboue Touré silvestre clichy

nasri denilson cesc nasri

bendtner Rvp
I'd say that's highly improbable.

Nasri can duplicate himself no problem.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐

Ironic considering the username Double You hehe

algunner

Considering the recent results and how massive ManUtd game is there will be players not risked like Sagna, Gallas and probably Fab and Clichy will be given a rest.

Eboue ..... Song.....Djorous......Silvestre
Nasri.......Denilson...Diaby .....Vela
RVP....Bentdner

Feet

I reckon Wenger will go with either this for the extra man in midfield so we stop leaking goals. Though tbh I can't see RvP being able to play the one man upfront role.

Al
Toure Djourou Silvestre Clichy
Eboue Nasri Song Denilson Vela
RvP

Or this, if he wants two men up front instead.

Al
Toure DJ Sil Clichy
Eboue Nasri Song Vela
Bentner RvP

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

we're playing at home against a team we buried in Turkey.. i cant think that we will be going with a lone striker up front...

progman07

Established Member

USArsenal said:
we're playing at home against a team we buried in Turkey.. i cant think that we will be going with a lone striker up front...
Hopefully, but we all know Wenger too well to make statements like this... :roll:

RockyRocastle

Established Member

I would love to see Ramsey and Vela start this game. They would inject some much needed hunger and enthusiasm into the team. Jack off the bench aswell.

I dont think I can stand to see another inept, effortless and passionless performance from the likes of Eboue, Song, Diaby, Bentdner, Denilson et al. Fabregas needs to be rested/kicked up the arse for the mancs aswell.

A good performance full of effort and commitment is needed. But that was what was needed after the yids and look what we got...I just dont think this team has the bottle to stand up and be counted. I would love to be proved wrong.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

heard Alex is out of this match? (isnt he their best midfielder?)

Alfonso

Established Member

RockyRocastle said:
Fabregas needs to be rested/kicked up the arse for the mancs aswell.

Isnt the artist formely known as Cesc Fabregas suspended for the Man Utd game?

USgoonergirl

Established Member

Alfonso said:
RockyRocastle said:
Fabregas needs to be rested/kicked up the arse for the mancs aswell.

Isnt the artist formely known as Cesc Fabregas suspended for the Man Utd game?
i think he only picked up his 4th yellow

_scorpion_

Established Member

USArsenal said:

We were lucky they only scored 2 against us.

This could be another 4-3 or 4-4 match if our defence hasn't learned anything.

hackajack

Established Member

I don't think we need another shoot out at the OK corral on Wednesday. Fener are shocking away from home hopefully they'll just fold up if we get an early goal.

sparky44

Asterix said:
sparky44 said:
Asterix said:
I'd rest Cesc too, not even on the bench - need him fresh for Man Utd. Drop van Persie for his ridiculous behaviour, and drop Almunia and Song too.

Let's have:

Fabianski

Touré Djourou Silvestre Clichy

Eboue Denilson Diaby Nasri

Bendtner Vela

bench: Almunia Song Gallas Ramsey Wilshere Wilshere van Persie

Oh that team stinks. The scariest thing about this XI is that its a very real possibility wenger will put out a team like this on wednesday. Things are going s**t at the minute but when your midfield looks like the way that does its no f****g wonder

Come on the arsenal!

How exactly does that stink Sparky? You can't just bag a team without comment or suggesting improvements.

I've indicated why I want to drop those that I have. I've left in some experience - Touré, Silvestre and even Eboue now - and talent - Nasri, Bendtner - and there's able backup on the bench.

I'm not suggesting it's the best available, but with Wenger saying he'll continue to rotate, and with Man Utd coming up, I feel this team could do the job.

Personally, I'm pretty sure Wenger will start with something like this though.

Almunia

Eboue Touré Silvestre Clichy

Denilson Song Cesc Nasri

Bendtner van Persie

You cant tell me that team doesn't stink, its nothing personal because you are right its sensible considering the injuries & the match on sunday coming up. Its just depressing to think we can send out a midfield like that (it is realistic to think wenger will put out a team like this) and except to achieve.

The thought of denilson+diaby in the middle of the park isn't a nice one, diaby likes to have the ball at his feet and attack, in an area where ball retention is vital I am a little skeptical about playing him in the park as he is prone to giving the ball away and who's there to cover him...? Despite his obvious talent I am still wary of denilson defensive ability - far too often playing with no sense of urgency in games; (albeit not the only one) Nasri still doesn't look 100%, eboue never seems to have his mind operating at 100% and I can see gaps forming down the right with toure behind him, gaps which fenerbache would look to exploit. I could be completely wrong though and I hope I am but its just all very depressing, again nothing personal.

Viper

Established Member

Is Van Persie eligible to play against Man United? I was told his 3 game ban would start after his next game.

Can anyone shed light on this?

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

RvP is on the FA's suspension list with a start date of 01/11/08, so according to that he would be out.

number_0

Established Member

Almunia
eboue toure JD clichey
denilson song
diaby cesc nasri
van persie

obviously my line up has lots of flows, but i think this is the best we can pull out now, lets hope bendtner, vela and ramsey come of the bench and grab a breeze of form for the manure game.

banduan

Established Member

Al
Sagna Djorou Silvestre Clichy
RVP Eboue Ramsey Song Vela/Wilshere
Bendy/Vela

Do this.

Alternatively

Al
Eboue Djorou Toure Clichy
RVP Song Ramsey Wilshere
Bendy Vela

Rest players for Manure. Our divas need a long hard look at themselves.

We need Gallas for Manure, he should stay the feck away from this match. Fenerbahce are piss poor right now.

Edit: Posted an alternative. Screw this match. We must win against Manure. It's not just the bloody league it's our bloody pride at stake.

marco

RockyRocastle said:
I would love to see Ramsey and Vela start this game. They would inject some much needed hunger and enthusiasm into the team. Jack off the bench aswell.

I dont think I can stand to see another inept, effortless and passionless performance from the likes of Eboue, Song, Diaby, Bentdner, Denilson et al. Fabregas needs to be rested/kicked up the arse for the mancs aswell.

A good performance full of effort and commitment is needed. But that was what was needed after the yids and look what we got...I just dont think this team has the bottle to stand up and be counted. I would love to be proved wrong.

to be honest im fed up with the reaction coming in the champions league./.
after hull we stuffed porto but then on the saturday were woeful against sunderland..

i want the guys to come out fighting for a premiership game .. i know the champs league is important to all of them but tomorrow night means nothing to me compared to last wednesday v the yids or the mancs saturday.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, June 4

Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow could be acquired for little over €10m [The Athletic]

Other clubs believe Arsenal are in position to sign Benjamin Šeško [The Athletic]

Arsenal are not expected to pursue their interest in Bruno Guimaraes due to his £100m asking price [The Athletic]

Martin Zubimendi and Joao Neves are under consideration as potential signings in midfield [The Athletic]

Arsenal want £30m to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with several Premier League clubs interested [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Top Bottom