• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Fenerbahçe | 05/11/08

hackajack

Established Member
Re: Arsenal vs Fenerbahce | Champions League | 5/11/08 | 19:45

Both goals they got last season stemmed from our wide players not showing defensive nous, Hleb got flattened by Brown for the first and Walcott let Evra run off him unchallenged for the second.

ricky1985

Established Member

All true mate, but how much defensive nous does Cristiano Ronaldo have?

We are at home and we need to play Walcott. He is our main attacking threat, and one of the few players that still has the balls to play our football. Instead of this 'please dont pass to me' crap or 'get rid of it as quick as I can' attitude, that nearly all of our players have been frightened into.

Cesc, Walcott and Robin are about the only ones at the moment who have the balls to take risks.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1

I've watched the replay for the second time today, the 1st at 7am and the 2nd at 3pm.

There is no way Cesc played a crappy match. Absolutely bollox. He played plenty beautiful dangerous passes to Nasri, Vela, Bendtner, RvP and once to an on-charging Kolo but none were converted into goals.

It seems that the team's wanking performance has clouded some of our views, but I understand it's hard to keep straight and focused when we're going down a slump.

That's why we need to review things on a consistent basis. From now on, I'll start to catch our replay as possible as I can.

BTW, I think Cesc has just started to find his form back. He could've easily got 4 assists against Fener if it wasn't for Nasri's lack of control, Vela's mistimed run, RvP's inability to hit a barn door and Bendtner's piss poor first touch.

And I agree, Semih Senturk should've got a red card for an elbow on Tweety's nose. Intentional or not, it was a red.

Diaby is still sh*t BTW.

Alfonso

Established Member

GoonerGurjit said:
Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger believes the team's gruelling schedule took its toll on the team against Fenerbahce.

The Gunners started well against Fener in the UEFA Champions League G clash, but their performance dropped off significantly after the break.

Arsenal have now played four games in the past 11 days against the likes of West Ham, Sp**s and Stoke and the French tactician believes that played a part in their flat second half performance at the Emirates on Wednesday.

"I believe that overall we didn't concede a goal. We created many chances in the first half," said Wenger.

"In the second half we became flat physically and I believe that's explained by the fact that we had three tough games physically last week.

"You could see that reflected in the creative side of our game in the second half."
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4460357,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 57,00.html</a>

If you keep telling the players they are tired they will be. How come other teams are not tired? Martin O Neil dismissed this when asked about whether or not his Villa side were showing any signs of fatigue. Its not good telling the whole world your team is tired and plus it gives the players an excuse not to give 100% in up coming games.

number_0

Established Member

Plus it gives oppositions a bloody motivation to come out and attack our bare bones.

dos1986

Established Member

ricky1985 said:
All true mate, but how much defensive nous does Cristiano Ronaldo have?

Oh no you didn't!!

What happenend the last time Theo played against Evra?

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom