• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Fenerbahçe | 05/11/08

hesham

Established Member
Re: Arsenal vs Fenerbahce | Champions League | 5/11/08 | 19:45

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.tribalfootball.com/?q=content/arsenal-boss-wenger-now-turns-fenerbahce-players" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tribalfootball.com/?q=conten ... ce-players</a>

:shock:

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger turned on Fenerbahce's players after last night's 0-0 draw.

After criticising Stoke for deliberately harming his players at the weekend, Mikael Silvestre is a fresh injury concern after his nose was injured after a challenge from Semih Senturk.

Wenger said: "Was it intentional? I don't know. He rotated his arm. You must ask the player."

Yeah, wow. He sure went on a lenghty rant there.

Seriously, what a ridiculous ****ing article. Wenger has all the right in the world to be a bit pissed about Silvestre even if he didn't called it, though. The player possibly broke his nose, and intentional or not that's a red card. He's lost four players in two games now if Tweety doesn't make it. Any manager would find it hard to accept a situation like that.

nazo

Established Member

Clear red but the ref was dumb

raidersoftheark

Established Member

So what's the deal with Sylvester's schnozz? Is he out for the Manc game?

invisibleman18

Established Member

^Hope so tbh. If he's out then Djourou will play, which I suspect probably gives us a better chance of holding them. Djourou was impressive for me. How refreshing was it to see one of our defenders compete and win the ball in the air? Can someone please tell me what Djourou has done in his opportunities so far this season to justify him not playing more than he has?

Was pretty surprised Wenger actually dropped Almunia, although Fabianski against United is possibly an even scarier prospecr.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member

Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger believes the team's gruelling schedule took its toll on the team against Fenerbahce.

The Gunners started well against Fener in the UEFA Champions League G clash, but their performance dropped off significantly after the break.

Arsenal have now played four games in the past 11 days against the likes of West Ham, Sp**s and Stoke and the French tactician believes that played a part in their flat second half performance at the Emirates on Wednesday.

"I believe that overall we didn't concede a goal. We created many chances in the first half," said Wenger.

"In the second half we became flat physically and I believe that's explained by the fact that we had three tough games physically last week.

"You could see that reflected in the creative side of our game in the second half."
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4460357,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4460357,00.html</a>

Anzac

Established Member

could also have something to do with not really rotating the squad etc.....

Anzac

Established Member

I know AW was talking about wanting to qualify for the next round & thus take some of the pressure off. I think he selected what he thought was the best available team, and that included RVP & Bendtner up front - problem being that both of them are more adapt at the 2nd striker role.

marco

the only positive i can find from last night is that almunia was dropped.
fabianski isnt much better mind you but almunia needs to be taught a serious lesson

fabregas looks whacked..why cant we see that and maybe not play him v fenerbache!!- he has given the ball away more in the last week than he has in his whole career!

James

Established Member

hesham said:
http://www.tribalfootball.com/?q=content/arsenal-boss-wenger-now-turns-fenerbahce-players

:shock:
Funny, that is exactly what i did my dissertation on last season, and he's not far wrong at all.

Wonder if he'd be interested to have a read hah.

patrick42uk

Established Member

_scorpion_ said:
I think Wenger will play Eboue if he is fit and Wallcott off the bench.
Just reeks off typical Wenger.

Could work. You'd expect the first 60 to be quite tight and difficult for us to get any joy through Walcott. Starting him could be a waste.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

patrick42uk said:
_scorpion_ said:
I think Wenger will play Eboue if he is fit and Wallcott off the bench.
Just reeks off typical Wenger.

Could work. You'd expect the first 60 to be quite tight and difficult for us to get any joy through Walcott. Starting him could be a waste.
thats actually not a bad shout there.. i agree that Theo would make naught-all difference in the game until tiredness sets in..

of course, then you run the risk of having virtually no attacking threat for most of the game.. that could be a dangerous game to play against ManUre...

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Yeh but it is important to have defensive stability on the wings against Man U. Rumor has it, Eboue provides that.

Evra always tears us a new one, and Walcott cannot contain him. The only reason why I am in favour in starting Walcott is because our options are so limited upfront.

I really have no idea what Bendtner is supposed to do against Ferdinand or Vidic. Please tell me one of em is injured?

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

psycho said:
I really have no idea what Bendtner is supposed to do against Ferdinand or Vidic. Please tell me one of em is injured?
unfortunately, i dont think so

Mostarac

Established Member

How we did not win this match is really beyond me, we seem to lack confidence infront of the goal at the moment. The only pleasant surprise to emerge from this match was the performance of young Ramsey. Also watched Bilić comment us last night, he said something interesting in that he felt that even though we always try to play beautiful football, we tend to exaggerate too much and that Wenger should not play too many inexperienced young players in vital matches like these ones.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

Silvestre out saturday with a broken nose (possibly).

ricky1985

Established Member

psycho said:
Yeh but it is important to have defensive stability on the wings against Man U. Rumor has it, Eboue provides that.

Evra always tears us a new one, and Walcott cannot contain him. The only reason why I am in favour in starting Walcott is because our options are so limited upfront.

It's not Walcott's job to contain Patrice Evra. Man United fans should be worried about Evra trying to contain Walcott.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Contain Theo to prevent him from doing what? passing to Bendtner?

its not one of Theos main jobs - but Evra should not be ignored because he will be atacking often.
Im just going on past encounters. I disticntly remember goals that we have conceeded from Man U being a result of an assult from Evra.

At the end of the day, our defense isn't the greatest- and Man U attacks are potent so it wouldn't be absurd to sacrifice some of the threat Theo offers us for some more stability.

Then again, looking at whos available- Theo really needs to start. I really don't know..

ricky1985

Established Member

I hear what you're saying, but Sagna is the one that should be worrying about their threat down the left.

I want Walcott to worry about ripping Evra apart. He is our main attacking threat and this will be the first time ever he has started a big game for Arsenal, feeling like he belongs.

It will interesting to see what he does. All I know is Evra will have a massive task to try and contain him.

McIntyre

Established Member

Putting Theo on the right might keep Evra penned back in his own half. But I have noticed in recent weeks that Theo is awful at tracking his man, especially when they do little overlaps in behind the defence. Maybe he's nervous of screwing things up in defence but he does tend to let his man go and hope the full back deals with him.

The way Evra and the United midfield/strikers play those little interchanges on the wing it would be nice to have someone a bit more defensive minded on the right. Nasri seems to do his part on the left, but Theo is not quite as adept at it, and Evra is a much bigger threat than Wes Brown.

But with the players available Theo will most likely start on the right, although I'd love to see him up front given our lack of options there as well.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom