• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Fenerbahçe | 05/11/08

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Re: Arsenal vs Fenerbahce | Champions League | 5/11/08 | 19:45

it seems as if when we press from the beginning, if we dont score within the first 15 or 20 minutes, the team gets deflated quite easily...

that's "if" we press from the beginning.. too many times we don't

James

Established Member

awooga83 said:
James said:
One thing...i was watching the game at work without sound, were there many boo's at the end of the game?

Around me there was an audible boo at the end but it got drowned out by the applause I mean to boo a result like that is absurd but it definatly shows the rising dicontent.
Yeah, i don't think anyone would have really booed the result itself, more of a general discontent like you said. I'm not surprised really.

Cheers.

James

Established Member

USArsenal said:
it seems as if when we press from the beginning, if we dont score within the first 15 or 20 minutes, the team gets deflated quite easily...
Remember how we used to kill off teams within the first 20 minutes?

Sigh.

ricky1985

Established Member

Should we drop Djourou for Gallas against Man U, on Saturday? They are both playing really well.

Or could we consider Djourou in a 3 man midfield, as the sitting player? I would advocate him over Song at the moment. Djourou said himself its his best position.

----------------Djourou
------Fabregas----------Diaby

Walcott----------------------Vela
---------------Bendtner

Something like that.

awooga83

Established Member

Well thats another story USArsenal again we had periods where we just backed away and let them have the ball, I don't understand why we do it, its like we are scared to press them, later in the second half when Vela and Diaby came on we upped the pressure but why not do it from the start.

As for the confidence I have said it before but Wenger builds this team that can be unstoppable if all these variables match the right circumstance, poor defence, open play are players on top form etc and if one thing is slightly missing, we totally hit the buffers.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

James said:
USArsenal said:

Sigh.
Yeah, Fener a couple of weeks ago.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

Bendtner is gonna play on saturday whether we like it or not. I would keep Denilson in midfield, especially after his performance today. Gallas should play if he's fit as well. I don't know about Sagna, though. Kolo looked good on the right today. If Bac and Theo aren't well enough for ninety minutes I'd take a guess on this lineup:

Almunia
Touré / Djourou / Gallas / Clichy
Ramsey / Denilson / Fabregas / Nasri
Bendtner / Vela

ricky1985

Established Member

AnthonyG said:
James said:
USArsenal said:

Sigh.

Touche.

ricky1985

Established Member

thegame24 said:
NO Bentdner

I'm listening mate. Who? How do we go into this game. We nedd some sort of physical prescence up against Rio and Vidic. We cant put Vela up there and expect him to keep them to at bay.

hesham

Established Member

As much as i hate it, i want to see a 4-5-1 against man U
We need 3 in midfield or we are going to get run over

.someone might aswell start a ManU thread

James

Established Member

AnthonyG said:
James said:
USArsenal said:

Sigh.
We still did our best to let them back into the game then.

_scorpion_

Established Member

I think Wenger will play Eboue if he is fit and Wallcott off the bench.
Just reeks off typical Wenger.

dos1986

Established Member

hesham said:
As much as i hate it, i want to see a 4-5-1 against man U
We need 3 in midfield or we are going to get run over

.someone might aswell start a ManU thread

If Theo is fit, put him upfront.

Bendtner is a championship player, he wont do a thing against United.Theo and Vela are both very very quick and Cesc will at least have someone to pick out.For the first time in years, we will play on the break against United at home, Bendtner is good at that :lol:

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

@James, just a tired, gentle prod is all. I'm bored with Nostalgia Lane.

James

Established Member

AnthonyG said:
@James, just a tired, gentle prod is all. I'm bored with Nostalgia Lane.
Myself included. Not sure why i mentioned it to be honest.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

lol, it's fair enough; it's just, well, yeah. Frustrating? Bitter-sweet? I'll stop. Time to turn over some Mancs. We all need it.

ricky1985

Established Member

Can you imagine if we did? 3-0 or something with half a team. Would be the best shot in the arm you could ask for.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom