• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Barcelona vs Arsenal | 17/05/06

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Iniesta said:
oops much longer than i expected...

No problem - I think it needed explaining.

Btw, I love the antimadridistas scarves!

Ironically I'm actually from El Ferroll (yup - that one although I prefer to think of it as where Fidel Castro's family hails from rather than Franco!) originally and hate Real just as much.

Whenever I travel to games abroad I always buy a badge or scarf from the team we're playing but when we played against Real I just couldn't do it. Then we saw a stall that actually had little badges with the Barca crest on them so I wore that next to my Arsenal one on my jacket. For some reasons a lot of locals started using language that I'm sure my Mother never taught me. Oh well!

famous no 10

Established Member
Iniesta said:
famous no 10 said:
Iniesta said:
oops much longer than i expected...

Very interesting, thanks...I believe the Catalan area has a problem with the "green" issue, as opposed to most of the rest of Europe.

Maybe, straying away from football a tad too much....
sorry but i didn't get that completly. (english not that good :( )

Your English is fine...I was refering to the EU environmental issue, like for instance, greenhouse gasses, pollution etc, which seems to be a widespread problem across Spain as well...awareness of these issues is lower than most other European countries.

I really am straying away from football drastically now, it's just an issue I take great interest in, that's all.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Iniesta said:

Paid off big time the next night.

I've got a flat in Xabia/Javea and we stayed there for both the games in Spain. We watched the chelski/Barca game in a Barca fanclub bar there. The owner saw our Arsenal shirts and thought we'd be supporting chelski until I asked him if he'd supported Real the night before. He looked at me for a second and then hugged me! Then he saw the badges and I said I'd worn them in Real's stadium and we didn't have to buy a drink all night! Best couple of euros I've ever spent!

MC Emirates

This is fantastic and everything, but lets get back to the topics.Barcelona V Arsenal.

I think Arsenal will get their revenge on Barca in the quarter finals of the CL next season.

Barca you just created a monster on wed nite...

Avenell87

i did actually watch a program on ITV i think it was a while ago, about Franco and Real and there rivalry with Barcelona, who represented the Catalans. It made me then realise the rivalry between the 2, and why there is so much politics involved in Spanish football

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Jackus said:
How did you mate go to virtually every other away, but not have enough away credits to get a ticket through the club? That is presuming he is a silver member, and an away scheme member.. or did he travel without a ticket to all the away games, and get one off of a tout?

Just interested. Thanks.

He's a sliver member. We went to all the games in our own names except Villarreal 'cos that was ATS only and I got a pair off a mate who's ATS but couldn't go. Final was Gold or ATS only. He never got the chance to apply. We've both got loads of away credits but 'cos I'm gold even though he's only missed one home game in 5 years I was sorted and he wasn't.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
And by 'missed one game' I mean missed getting his ticket on his own membership 'cos he forgot to apply (!!!?!?) even though he still went to the game.

Jackus

Exiled In Newcastle said:
Jackus said:
How did you mate go to virtually every other away, but not have enough away credits to get a ticket through the club? That is presuming he is a silver member, and an away scheme member.. or did he travel without a ticket to all the away games, and get one off of a tout?

Just interested. Thanks.

He's a sliver member. We went to all the games in our own names except Villarreal 'cos that was ATS only and I got a pair off a mate who's ATS but couldn't go. Final was Gold or ATS only. He never got the chance to apply. We've both got loads of away credits but 'cos I'm gold even though he's only missed one home game in 5 years I was sorted and he wasn't.

So.. sorry to go about this.. he isn't an away ticket scheme member? I didn't think silver members could get away tickets (to any game) without being on that?

Anyway.. really, it sucks for him.. going to all those aways, and not getting a ticket from the club.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Iniesta said:
lovely.
Nice things to remember!

Thanks for the history Iniesta , I have seen a documentary of Barcelona and the football club. Including the history of the grotto , how Madrid did the dirty with Di Stefano but you guys had a Hungarian player - his name escapes me that was just as good at the time. That is history.

Meek

i just been browsing around for the baptista thead to see how many more pages we need to equal it. we only got 2 more pages guys. 3 more and the baptista thread record is broken.

Iniesta

celestis said:
Iniesta said:
lovely.
Nice things to remember!

Thanks for the history Iniesta , I have seen a documentary of Barcelona and the football club. Including the history of the grotto , how Madrid did the dirty with Di Stefano but you guys had a Hungarian player - his name escapes me that was just as good at the time. That is history.
would be Kubala.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Iniesta said:
celestis said:
Iniesta said:
lovely.
Nice things to remember!

would be Kubala.

:) Thats him and evetually they played together for another Spanish team.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Jackus said:
So.. sorry to go about this.. he isn't an away ticket scheme member? I didn't think silver members could get away tickets (to any game) without being on that?

Basically the ATS is like a season ticket for away games but you pay match by match. You don't have to be a member of it to get away tickets though.

I think you might be confusing ATS with travel club membership (you have to be a travel club member to go away in Europe but you don't have to travel with the club - thank god!

Jackus

Ok, I see I think. Why does everything have to be so complicated with Arsenal... :/ And only ATS members got a chance (along with season ticket holders, and bond holders), to go to the CL Final? That sucks really.

Thanks.

Sol man

As much as I like barca I believe this lack of respect shown by Belleti is what makes a team like barca hated. Click Here(not sure if it has been posted). What an absolute ****!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom