• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL Quarter Final Draw: Arsenal v Bayern

screenshot-2024-03-15-100742-png.22477

1710370038936.png

Who do we want? I’m praying @Rex Stone boys Atleti preoccupy themselves with Man City. We don’t want any business with them but I’ll be honest XL Bully Mik vs XL Bully Diego would definitely be a tasty affair 😂

Last edited by a moderator:

Black Noir

No Koscielny this time around to basically hand them the tie.

Bayern were use to playing clowns like Koscielny and Mustafi or slugs like Mertesacker. They won’t know what hit them with Saliba and Gabriel with midfielders that actually help in defence. Really should beat them we’re better.
This guy, should have , called it a day . After being, used like a rag doll by Eder in the Euro 2016 final ffs.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

All this hyping up our chances is a dark omen guys. This is Bayern not some chesterfield club from league two. This will be a difficult tie

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Most of Kos' errors came 2016 and on, when his pace was going and the team was falling about... before that he was ridiculously solid considering how we played defensively in the 2010s.

He left poorly (something I blame more on Raul for going back on a promise to left Laurent leave) but overall a very fine servant to Arsenal football club.

Helped us win 3 trophies, more than I can say about our current bunch :eyess:

I know this is a dig at me no matter how you dress it up...you f*cking tw*t :lol:

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
He left poorly (something I blame more on Raul for going back on a promise to left Laurent leave) but overall a very fine servant to Arsenal football club.
Rauls fault he did that ****ing googly eye thing?

Guys a massive dickhead, mentally brittle and called his own family alcoholics in an interview. Given how you're online beefing your dad it makes sense you rate him still

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
They concede many chances and leak goals, it should be Arsenal vs Arsenal UCL heritage as we have a huge mental block in this competition. In reality if Arsenal are mentally focused we should be slapping this Bayern team home and away, I am more confident Away from home then at the Emirates after watching us these last two seasons. Hopefully we don't get another Porto away game of no shots on target.

Tel, Musiala and Muller are players we should be watching out as the first two are dynamic dribblers and Muller has a great football brain and is experienced UCL vet, Kane dives and doesn't score much open play goals vs Gabriel if you think about it.

Maybe Gnabry too since he tends to turn up for Bayern in the 2nd half of the season unlike Sane.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
They concede many chances and leak goals, it should be Arsenal vs Arsenal UCL heritage as we have a huge mental block in this competition. In reality if Arsenal are mentally focused we should be slapping this Bayern team home and away, I am more confident Away from home then at the Emirates after watching us these last two seasons. Hopefully we don't get another Porto away game of no shots on target.

Tel, Musiala and Muller are players we should be watching out as the first two are dynamic dribblers and Muller has a great football brain and is experienced UCL vet, Kane dives and doesn't score much open play goals vs Gabriel if you think about it.

Maybe Gnabry too since he tends to turn up for Bayern in the 2nd half of the season unlike Sane.

They will give us more space for sure which suits us gonna be a cracker of a match.

Tnegs

Really Kos showed us who he was in his first season ffs.

Should’ve never been forgiven for that League Cup final calamity.

That league cup final was traumatic. 6 years deep into our trophy drought and with an easy final against Birmingham City we should have had this wrapped up and ended the drought there and then but our bottlers had other ideas. It’s why I laugh when I see people try and denigrate the EL and league cup when we were fkin desperate to win it that season and the defeat was so crushing.

Tbf to Kos he did get a lot better and became a very good defender although nowhere near world class.

ThlRama

Player:Saka
I had Bayern down as CL favourites right when the season started, so there's that. Gonna be a very difficult game, despite their league form they are a better side than us, certainly on paper but also in many ways statistically.
Tbf to Kos he did get a lot better and became a very good defender although nowhere near world class.
If not for the sporadic errors, he could probably be called the best pure defender in the world at his peak. But yeah, errors are too important in that position.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
That League Cup final mistake from Kos was woeful, just kick the ball ffs 😅

I did like how he bounced back from that to score the equaliser v Hull (while nearly getting his ankle broke by their keeper!) in the cup win a few seasons after that.

Him and Per had flaws, but still look back very fondly at that partnership.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
When was the last time we had a good away performance in Europe? Four away matches this season, one win vs the worst Sevilla side ever, one draw and two losses. There's 0% chance we're slapping Bayern away from home.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

When was the last time we had a good away performance in Europe? Four away matches this season, one win vs the worst Sevilla side ever, one draw and two losses. There's 0% chance we're slapping Bayern away from home.
To me it looks like Arteta has a bit different approach for European games, a more pragmatic one. Play for a minimum draw, but try to nick in a goal or two. Which is wise in my opinion.

Bayern is a great team no matter their reputation this season. The hope especially in the away game lies in that Arteta hasn't faced such an opponent yet.

Arsenal has usually been the favourite to win, and at Allianz Bayern likely won't just let Arsenal have the ball. Or what do you think, does Tuchel dare to do such a tactic at home?

So what is different, is that Bayern's defence has made mistakes this season, and no way I rate Dier as Bayern level starting CB even if he starts there now. Arteta can ruin them in transition compared to the other opponents who let Arsenal have the ball.

Bayern wasn't very impressive in the group phase matches. In 6 games they had 12-6 goals for and against.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
I think we need to play with no fear. It's hard because they have real quality especially up front but we need some huge performances to punish them. Player for player I mean this with no arrogance only Kane, maybe Goretzka would get into our team, maybe Musiala. So we need to act like it.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
To me it looks like Arteta has a bit different approach for European games, a more pragmatic one. Play for a minimum draw, but try to nick in a goal or two. Which is wise in my opinion.

Bayern is a great team no matter their reputation this season. The hope especially in the away game lies in that Arteta hasn't faced such an opponent yet.

Arsenal has usually been the favourite to win, and at Allianz Bayern likely won't just let Arsenal have the ball. Or what do you think, does Tuchel dare to do such a tactic at home?

So what is different, is that Bayern's defence has made mistakes this season, and no way I rate Dier as Bayern level starting CB even if he starts there now. Arteta can ruin them in transition compared to the other opponents who let Arsenal have the ball.

Bayern wasn't very impressive in the group phase matches. In 6 games they had 12-6 goals for and against.
I don't disagree with what you said and I do believe we can win there. There's however nothing to assume we'd slap or dominate them especially not at their ground.

They've been very shaky at the back away from home this season however, shipped three to Leverkusen, five to Frankfurt and were lucky Lazio were not more clinical. If we go through it'll almost certainly because we laid the groundwork at home.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom