• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Club confirm Sven Mislintat leaving Arsenal on February 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
The article makes a good point about Wenger’s greatest achievement, which was to totally entrench the club in an identity. These days it seems like every club thinks they have some special identity, I think we’re one of the few to actually have a claim to that, thanks to Wenger.

Whoever comes in should aspire to continue that, we should be the Dortmund, even the Ajax of England. Barca’s identity is a forgery, so no point looking to them for inspiration. Overmars would be interesting.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
That's conjecture. As much as we doubt anyone we can doubt Sanllehi. If we question Mislintat we also have to question Raul.

That’s not conjecture. It’s a fact he’s got the experience running a club. He was Director of Professional Football at Barca for 10 years ffs.

You can doubt his experience will help the Club moving forward but the fact is he’s got vast amount of experience and respect as a Director.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
That’s not conjecture. It’s a fact he’s got the experience running a club. He was Director of Professional Football at Barca for 10 years ffs.

You can doubt his experience will help the Club moving forward but the fact is he’s got vast amount of experience and respect as a Director.
Its different with Barce though with multiple layers of the hierarchy above him. He was a grey lower right.

At the very least we should have a CEO replacing Ivan & a long term Sporting Director replacing Wenger above him.

b1.png

marting

Has there been anything concrete on what this dispute is all about? Is it being over thought about on here?

Is Sven just frustated his not given any budget to work with/ Is his recommendations being ignored because the club dont want to spend?

Is he at odds with Emery and Raul?

I dont quite understand the arguement about Emery, Raul and Sven not being on the same wave length. The idea was to have a solid structure with a director of football/head of recruitment to keep consistantcy as we would expect our manager to change often....To change our head of recruitment to match the manager kind of seems backwards on the structure we set out to me?

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Has there been anything concrete on what this dispute is all about? Is it being over thought about on here?

Is Sven just frustated his not given any budget to work with/ Is his recommendations being ignored because the club dont want to spend?

Is he at odds with Emery and Raul?

I dont quite understand the arguement about Emery, Raul and Sven not being on the same wave length. The idea was to have a solid structure with a director of football/head of recruitment to keep consistantcy as we would expect our manager to change often....To change our head of recruitment to match the manager kind of seems backwards on the structure we set out to me?

From the outside looks to be a power struggle.

We have a flat hierarchy, no leadership & three cogs who have no business running the club.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Quality post and I rate what you are saying, although I mostly disagree but you probably know that already.

I just wanted to pick this bit out.
I generally agree that you should part ways if you're not seeing eye to eye in terms of how a club should operate. The problem is if you look at past pedigree and what's happening at the club people question whether the right guy is made to leave.

And that's exactly something I have a lot of experience with as a Stuttgart fan. That club has hounded out so many DoFs and managers because they apparently didn't see eye to eye with the upper echelons. Well, in most of those cases it has turned out the people let go were right in their analysis and better able to handle the club than their bosses.
DoFs, managers, assistants, scouts were let go because they wanted to change things, but the upper echelons filth was too established and powerful. Most of them went somewhere else and did a good job. What remained in Stuttgart was the boardroom filth and utter instability.

Mislintat and his modus operandi as a Chief Scout/Technical Director just seem much more fitting to what Arsenal should aim for as a renovation than Sanllehi's past and Emery's football. That's why there's a big fuss.

And just quickly re the monetary situation the club's in: It's also all fair and well we may don't have money down to Gazidis, but then back your squad and use what's at your disposal instead of being a nitpicky bully. That's what is expected of any coach.

Mislintat is a chief scout. He has never been technical director and Dortmund explicitly never wanted him to be their technical director. A technical director does more than scouting players, as already mentioned the board wants someone connected to the club to be technical director as they want someone who knows the club's culture. This is normal and common; Michael Zorc, Monchi all had no experience when they became Technical Director, and were chosen because of their past playing history.

If Mislintat is not capable of working with someone like Overmars or Edu then he simply has to go. There's no ifs or buts about it.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Did we need a "technical director"? What role does a technical director do and isn't that what Raul does at this club? If Edu or Overmars take that role and Vinai is responsible for the marketing side then what is the point of Raul? Who takes responsibility if a transfer fails or is a success?

I doubt anyone at the club can answer these questions truthfully and clearly.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Did we need a "technical director"? What role does a technical director do and isn't that what Raul does at this club? If Edu or Overmars take that role and Vinai is responsible for the marketing side then what is the point of Raul? Who takes responsibility if a transfer fails or is a success?

I doubt anyone at the club can answer these questions truthfully and clearly.

Holy grail for the leadership, if the fan base cannot identify the real cancer from within.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Top Bottom