countdown to transfer window closure

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by shaz, Aug 26, 2004.

1. shaz

shaz New Member

damn, thought it was today and we didnt sign anyone and it was all a load of crap. oh well, good to know its tomorrow.

2. AFCG7

AFCG7 New Member Elite

I thought the deadline was at Noon GMT Tuesday.

3. Canuck

Canuck New Member Elite

The deadline is most def. 12 midnight (not noon :oops: ) GMT!

4. Loylz

Loylz Moderator Moderator

So is it noon or midnight. Anyone got anything official?

5. OoDy

OoDy New Member

6. lee1001

lee1001 New Member Trusted

Rooney hasn't officialy signed for United yet, even though he was pictured at the training ground for a medical.

SO..the dealine can't be noon.

7. KingReyes

KingReyes New Member Trusted

Financial agreements between clubs must be finalised by 3.30 pm, loan deals between clubs can go through till midnight.
    Everton and Manure have come to an agreement apparently, so that one will go through for sure.

8. dynasty

dynasty Active Member

if this is true does that mean we still have a 5hour chance of getting trabelsi..because it has been agreed by the 2 clubs...
    man i just want a new defeder....im not too confident about our defence in the c.l
    but by saying that the groupd stages will be alright with our defence as it is now...
    we need one now or in jan

9. Canuck

Canuck New Member Elite

Trabelsi is possible, but Angulo got cold feet, we didn't need a midfielder anyway. It's the defender that is Wenger's priority I imagine. I'm still holding out for some out of the blue signing, that's AW's style. Not this high profile cat and mouse cr*p.

10. nikelo11

nikelo11 New Member

TBH, I don't think we will get anyone now.

Arsène Wenger had a plan to bring a player in, which was meant to be Angulo today.

As that fell through, I don't think he will be RUSHED into quickly jumping for Trebelski (or whatever his name is).

Instead, I think he will wait until January, as he MAY feel that we don't need to strength our defense until mid-end of season.

We have Cambell coming back, and that should be enouogh to take us through the premiership and the reletively "easy" CL games until January. Then he may go for Trebelski, when we really need him for the latter stages of premiership (as players tire) and the CL.

But Wenger may finalise the Trebelski deal before January, so that someone else don't come for him.

Still hope we get him NOW though!! :oops:

11. lee1001

lee1001 New Member Trusted

Looks like thats it til January folks.

12. patrick42uk

patrick42uk New Member Elite

will he still be eligible for europe if we are still there? i know he is in the ajax cl squad. i think wenger would have identified another rb by january, if he still wants one that is.

13. kel varnsen

kel varnsen New Member Trusted

if we get a player in january, he will probably start contributing next season. foreign players usually need 5-6 months to settle in, so why arn't wenger bringing in anyone right now? signing trabelsi in january would be useless... :evil:

14. juz7_pi12es

juz7_pi12es New Member

is it already end (transfer window)?

15. Jose_Reyes_2005

Jose_Reyes_2005 New Member Trusted

3 more hours

16. Jose_Reyes_2005

Jose_Reyes_2005 New Member Trusted

By the way, there's no point in staying up for 3 more hours just to see if we sign anyone before the window closes - even if we did sign someone before midnight, arsenal.com wont confirm it at 12 or 1 am - they'll wait till tomorrow morning.

17. KingReyes

KingReyes New Member Trusted

Actually, knowing Arsenal.com they'll wait till the transfer window re-opens in January before announcing it. Seriously we're not signing anyone now. Angulo was our only target left and thats gone.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

who gives a f%%k about this git

come on talk about the gunners

19. Loylz

Loylz Moderator Moderator

You're giving them too much credit. They will anounc it in time for next season.