• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Daniel Ek

Is The KroenkeOut 🛩️ going to work?

• Yes

Votes: 44 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 69 39.2%
  • Don’t know Jeff

Votes: 63 35.8%

• Total voters

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I hope you are right, but no businessperson impulsively tweet anything regarding business.

It being impulsive also suggests he isn't serious about this.

Maybe he's not serious. Maybe he hoped it would be easy, maybe not. We don't know.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

If people in USA hate Kronke's guts for moving a whole stadium and he's able to not budge or care, what's a bunch of jokers protesting in London gonna do?

The sale was never happening, surprised so many gave it the time of day. It was announced on twitter like the ESL and you saw where that ended up.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Sorry but at this stage Ek isn't a serious suitor.

Basically planned his bid on Twitter. Got a number of Arsenal legends (with very dubious records in anything not related to actually playing football) involved. Put in a bid he knew would be rejected. Then went on Twitter to tell everyone how he did really bid for the club.

Serious people don't behave like this.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
How much do you think they’ll put in? Not including money the club makes itself with sales.

Difficult one. I'll stick by the fact that I think we will make 5 signings regardless of sales to key players. Ryan, Bertrand/Doig, CM, RB and creative attacker. So with that in mind I'd say £120-150M.

Then it'll be a one in one out scenario. Leno out GK in, Xhaka out CM in etc etc.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Can't believe the thing that was never gonna happen, isn't going to happen...gutted :(

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Publicity stunts are used to spotlight a product, but he's not a Kardashian, he's not the product. Spotify is and it doesn't need it. Unless he's going into politics or show business, he doesn't need the personal PR for his business model. Spotify's success is based on its business code. It is unique. Eke's name is not of benefit. In fact, the more the names of the people behind internet services are known, the more these services become subject to negative press targeting the personality of the owner. How many people know Reed Hasting's name? Very few. There's a reason for it, same reason Eke has always been publicity shy.

And again, he wouldn't make a false statement so easily refutable. He must have made the bid.
Plenty know Reed Hastings, he’s a damn good CEO who revolutionized the streaming world and pivoted the legacy rental blockbuster esque business to build an absolute behemoth. I’d wager Netflix wouldn’t be a thing if it wasn’t for Reed.

Anyway, don’t want to sidetrack your initial point just saying that I think the average person does recognize these executives but I see your point. I agree that he doesn’t need the publicity but they will get it regardless. Either way it sounds like he’s tapping out.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

If people in USA hate Kronke's guts for moving a whole stadium and he's able to not budge or care, what's a bunch of jokers protesting in London gonna do?

The sale was never happening, surprised so many gave it the time of day. It was announced on twitter like the ESL and you saw where that ended up.
Pretty much this. Although I did have a sense of hopeless optimism that we could’ve made an impact as a fanbase.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Sorry but at this stage Ek isn't a serious suitor.

Basically planned his bid on Twitter. Got a number of Arsenal legends (with very dubious records in anything not related to actually playing football) involved. Put in a bid he knew would be rejected. Then went on Twitter to tell everyone how he did really bid for the club.

Serious people don't behave like this.
I think it was serious until he brought a couple legends on board that weren’t putting up their own money. No skin in the game. In addition, this recent statement is disappointing because had he planned to make another bid and galvanize the fans to fight for a takeover, he wouldn’t end it by saying “I’ll be here if that changes.”

It would’ve been more telling if he had reiterated his desire and mentioned a second bid with an emphasis on pressuring the current regime to change their stance.

Iceman10

Established Member
Plenty know Reed Hastings, he’s a damn good CEO who revolutionized the streaming world and pivoted the legacy rental blockbuster esque business to build an absolute behemoth. I’d wager Netflix wouldn’t be a thing if it wasn’t for Reed.

Anyway, don’t want to sidetrack your initial point just saying that I think the average person does recognize these executives but I see your point. I agree that he doesn’t need the publicity but they will get it regardless. Either way it sounds like he’s tapping out.
Most of these executives I am familiar with as far as Silicon Valley is concerned but this one was a bit different with a Scandinavian. This wasn't an ideal buyer in a money sense anyway, it was more about his passion for Arsenal and therefore being a more caring owner than the Kroenke's. A person like him is unlikely to sell a considerable amount of shareholdings, so it becomes about a consortium, which can be good but can also be bad down the line with power struggles, lack of nimble decision making, and in particular a likelihood some in the consortium would be heavily orientated around return on investment.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Most of these executives I am familiar with as far as Silicon Valley is concerned but this one was a bit different with a Scandinavian. This wasn't an ideal buyer in a money sense anyway, it was more about his passion for Arsenal and therefore being a more caring owner than the Kroenke's. A person like him is unlikely to sell a considerable amount of shareholdings, so it becomes about a consortium, which can be good but can also be bad down the line with power struggles, lack of nimble decision making, and in particular a likelihood some in the consortium would be heavily orientated around return on investment.
The saving grace with ROI when it comes to top sporting clubs is that their values always increase.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

I'd wager not more than 10% of Arsenal fans know the name Reed Hastings. You overestimate the general public, I fear.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup
Top Bottom