• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Danny Ings

Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
What does that have to do with us? I'm saying that Arteta's tactics are the problem, not the players. They can't all turn to **** all of a sudden when at least some were performing a few months ago.

Who was performing except Auba? All the **** players who weren't performing still aren't performing. The point is one player can change everything in terms of creativity.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Agree they’re very similar but Vardy’s record in big games is just phenomenal, which swings it for me.

Think he’s also more of a menace for defenders. Always involved in the game.
He actually averages around 20 touches or less per game off the top of my head believe it or not. Literally the same as Auba.

Auba has risen to the occasion many times, unfortunately I don't think he can ever exorcise that Sp**s penalty. Ended our Man Utd juuj though.

Edit: Here you go.

https://www.chaseyoursport.com/Foot...ost-vital-man-of-Brendan-Rodgers-tactics/1332

This season, Vardy averages only 20 touches of the ball per game while his teammate James Maddison has 67.5 touches per game. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang averages 39 touches per game but could be an example of a similar form of player, often found lurking off the shoulder of the last man and infrequently seen linking play anywhere near the midfield, but even then he has shown more touches than Vardy. However, despite having no direct impact in Leicester's passing, Vardy is completely integral to the team.

If people are wondering why I know all these things, there's a lot on the line for my Fantasy league team this season I don't play around.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Also, for those blaming the squad's misfortunes on the fact that we don't have Benzema upfront, Vardy is the perfect example of what you can achieve when you play to your players strengths.

I suggest you read that article I posted

@HairSprayGooners @Riou @Football Manager @Arteta

say yes

forum master baiter
He actually averages around 20 touches or less per game off the top of my head believe it or not. Literally the same as Auba.

Auba has risen to the occasion many times, unfortunately I don't think he can ever exorcise that Sp**s penalty. Ended our Man Utd juuj though.

Edit: Here you go.

https://www.chaseyoursport.com/Foot...ost-vital-man-of-Brendan-Rodgers-tactics/1332

If people are wondering why I know all these things, there's a lot on the line for my Fantasy league team this season I don't play around.
Think you've misunderstood me there. I'm talking about Vardy's defensive work rate / pressing defenders. He's the kind of player I think defenders hate playing against, even if he's not on the ball much.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Leicester and Atalanta say hi.

Leicester? A club that have more creative players than us and a midfield that is 10x better than ours? Very poor comparison.

Atalanta? Also have more creative players than us. I swear people just say anything to prove a point before actually doing research.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Leicester? A club that have more creative players than us and a midfield that is 10x better than ours? Very poor comparison.
Come off it, mate. Leicester won the league in their second season after promoting.
Atalanta? Also have more creative players than us.
Atalanta are loaning out players from other teams and buying obscure ones every single year and look at how they're playing.

On top of that, look at Leeds going forward. Leaps and bounds over us and they just promoted.

I swear people just say anything to prove a point before actually doing research.
I argumented accordingly to your false claim. Your rebuttal was basically "I don't like that answer, therefore I won't acknowledge the facts."

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Think you've misunderstood me there. I'm talking about Vardy's defensive work rate / pressing defenders.
Auba absolutely smashes him in that regard too I'm afraid, particularly under Arteta, it's not even close.

Vardy left, Auba right. In case the pic is too poor to see, that's Auba's 70 attempted tackles compared to Vardy's 17 last season.

14 interceptions to Vardy's 2 as well.

Auba covers far more ground as well. Vardy stays around and near the box.

It's pretty much why I am so annoyed by Arteta and his backers actually, this is how our best attacking threats have been used this season.

Last edited:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Come off it, mate. Leicester won the league in their second season after promoting.

Atalanta are loaning out players from other teams and buying obscure ones every single year and look at how they're playing.

On top of that, look at Leeds going forward. Leaps and bounds over us and they just promoted.

I argumented accordingly to your false claim. Your rebuttal was basically "I don't like that answer, therefore I won't acknowledge the facts."

1. Leicester won the league and in that same season 5 or 6 teams all had better players as a whole. But Kante, Mahrez and Vardy won them that title. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that.
  2. Atalanta are currently 7th in Serie A, but of course they're the best team in the world according to you because your point needs that opinion to be sustainable.
  3. Leeds? They play expansive, aggressive football. But they concede a truck load of goals, it is not sustainable. You've watched them play blistering football for the opening few weeks, and come to the conclusion that they play incredible football. Honestly pathetic, look at the bigger picture? Or I assume you also think that Southampton will make top 4? Kmt.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Who was performing except Auba? All the **** players who weren't performing still aren't performing. The point is one player can change everything in terms of creativity.
Laca, Auba, Pepe were all performing at the end of last season. I thought they would all kick on this season but they’ve all fallen back.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Laca, Auba, Pepe were all performing at the end of last season. I thought they would all kick on this season but they’ve all fallen back.

Laca highly debatable. Pepe you're only saying that because he scored and assisted a couple of goals. His overall performances were exactly the same as they are now.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
  1. Leicester won the league and in that same season 5 or 6 teams all had better players as a whole. But Kante, Mahrez and Vardy won them that title. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that.
  2. Atalanta are currently 7th in Serie A, but of course they're the best team in the world according to you because your point needs that opinion to be sustainable.
  3. Leeds? They play expansive, aggressive football. But they concede a truck load of goals, it is not sustainable. You've watched them play blistering football for the opening few weeks, and come to the conclusion that they play incredible football. Honestly pathetic, look at the bigger picture? Or I assume you also think that Southampton will make top 4? Kmt.
You're literally being purposely idiotic just to dismiss logical arguments.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I've just given you some very good points to go off and you've responded by calling me an idiot, do you not think that says a lot about you?
You gave some rubbish points that ignore mine completely just so you can have the last word and I called you an idiot because you are one if you're going to come back with replies like those. All that hairspray sniffing has destroyed your ability to think.

Bruno Fernandes and Man United say Hi.
They're sitting in 10th place.

Also you:
Atalanta are currently 7th in Serie A, but of course they're the best team in the world according to you because your point needs that opinion to be sustainable.
So, by your troll logic, Bruno is lighting it up for Manure while Atalanta sitting at 7th in Serie A and with infinitely lesser resources isn't doing well all things considered.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You gave some rubbish points that ignore mine completely just so you can have the last word and I called you an idiot because you are one if you're going to come back with replies like those. All that hairspray sniffing has destroyed your ability to think.

They're sitting in 10th place.

Also you:

So, by your troll logic, Bruno is lighting it up for Manure while Atalanta sitting at 7th in Serie A and with infinitely lesser resources isn't doing well all things considered.

See now I can see that you're on the ropes as you can see me making a valid point, calling me a sniffer. Hmm.

Let me take you back. Man United were sitting in 5th on January the 23rd, game week 24. They had 34 points and a goal difference of 7. 14, yes 14 points behind Leicester City in 3rd. They'd just lost 2-0 at home to Burnley and were really struggling to create goals. Their big chance creation was sitting in the low 30's compared to someone like Chelsea who were in the 50-60 range.

On the 30th of Jan Bruno Fernandes signed for the club. 14 games later? They finished 3rd with 66 points. A point accumulation of 32 over 14 games, very impressive. Even more impressively they finished on a goal difference of 30! The reason why? Bruno Fernandes.

In those 14 league appearances he scored 8 and assisted 7 goals. But he also unlocked the likes of Rashford and Martial who subsequently had their best ever scoring seasons in Manchester United shirts.

Oh and just to make you fall flat on your face even further, United have a game in hand and are 7 points off 1st place. Once again with Bruno contributing heavily.

Mic Drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation
Top Bottom