• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Danny Welbeck: Dan Out Ere

Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

@razörist sounds like you’re a true Welbeck fan who let the forum’s opinion taint you. I’m so disappointed.
I honestly can’t put my finger on it. I really think I was drunk on the Auba news. You can see that I have long rated Welbeck to perform in the role he has now. Anyway you liked it, be disappointed with yourself.

boyinneedofhumor

I honestly can’t put my finger on it. I really think I was drunk on the Auba news. You can see that I have long rated Welbeck to perform in the role he has now. Anyway you liked it, be disappointed with yourself.
Or there could be a legion in there... :p:p

(Which is not entirely impossible for the rest of us as well... considering what we've had to watch for the past couple of seasons before Emery came along)

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Really low that you would attack me like this @American_Gooner when you know the truth. But I guess my shadow is rapidly becoming too large for this place and you just can't handle it.
tenor.gif

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Finally come out of hiding hmmmm? Did you think you were the only one who knows how the search function works?
You said you wanted Welbeck sold, there’s no coming back from that. Not as bad as you pretending to rep Iwobi all of a sudden, though.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

You said you wanted Welbeck sold, there’s no coming back from that. Not as bad as you pretending to rep Iwobi all of a sudden, though.
Why? Because you say so? You sound like my wife making a big deal about something I said two years ago in an argument. Grow a pair bro, not a good look on you!

Vantastico

I never used to rate Welbeck, but this season he looks different. Better finisher, physically in his peak, and he's scoring headers.

The great thing about him is he's multi-faceted, he can play on the wing and put in a shift, play lone striker or in a 4-4-2 like he did so well against Lisbon.

On the other hand, I can just as easily see him get replaced by Nketiah and Nelson and for a fraction of the cost. Danny is obviously a better striker than Nketiah and more reliable than Nelson at this point, but I think their ceilings are higher than his, so there is incentive to develop Reiss and Eddie for the future while Danny is already playing in his prime form for us.

Would prefer to keep him on board as a squad player, but it's the same as Aaron, really. If he feels he deserves a bigger role and wage, it has to be at a different club.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I have always liked Welbeck and what he offers, dare you to objectively trawl through my posts in context! However I think it is best for both parties if he moves on. Bring in a similarly pacey player, but one who can also dribble such as Zaha, Pavon or Lozano. Promote ReissNelson and Nketiah and thank Danny for his contribution.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I have always liked Welbeck and what he offers, dare you to objectively trawl through my posts in context! However I think it is best for both parties if he moves on. Bring in a similarly pacey player, but one who can also dribble such as Zaha, Pavon or Lozano. Promote ReissNelson and Nketiah and thank Danny for his contribution.
I really like Zaha and can't fathom why a top club hasn't taken him. Offers quite a bit against a packed defense and with our freekick takers at the moment I'd like to see us with more options to dupe defenders into mistakes.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I really like Zaha and can't fathom why a top club hasn't taken him. Offers quite a bit against a packed defense and with our freekick takers at the moment I'd like to see us with more options to dupe defenders into mistakes.
Think it’s price. Without Zaha relegation is a serious threat to Palace. Relegation costs a team about ~50M and that’s before you take into account reduced commercials, match day revenue and the fact that getting promoted before the parachute payments expire is far from guaranteed.

As backwards as it sounds Zaha would probably be cheaper if he played at a better club.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Think it’s price. Without Zaha relegation is a serious threat to Palace. Relegation costs a team about ~50M and that’s before you take into account reduced commercials, match day revenue and the fact that getting promoted before the parachute payments expire is far from guaranteed.

As backwards as it sounds Zaha would probably be cheaper if he played at a better club.
Never thought of it that way, thanks Trill. Makes sense to me actually.
Clearly has a good connection with their club and fans as well because he has been there on and off for a while.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I don't think he'll be anything but a squad player here. You cannot fault his professionalism, and I would wager he is an excellent role model for the youngsters.

One of the good guys, though not quite good enough to be a starter week in week out.

Aevi

Hale End FC
He looked threatening when he came on. I'd like to see Emery try him out on the wing in our current system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results
Top Bottom