• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Danny Welbeck: Dan Out Ere

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I always thought Welbz offered quite a bit when he played, seemed dangerous, more so than Theo.

pikey2000

Doubt he gets a kick, and he hasn't done the above at any loan. Wenger never plays him, tells me he probably isn't that good.

exactly - would make sense to see what Campbell can do but odds are he doesnt see many minutes behind Giroud and Walcott and if he does see minutes it will be in the cup and probably out wide whilst Walcott gets minutes up top

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Welbeck was unlucky in that he got his run at CF at a time when the team was in disarray. I would've liked to have seen him play in a settled team alongside Özil, Alexis, Cazorla, Ramsey etc.

Hardly, Welbeck has a fan base on here, including me.

My hope was that he would bench Giroud.

Yeah I think Welbeck def have top 10 largest fan base from Arsenal fans.

1. Sanchez
2. Koscielny
3. Özil
4. Coquelin
5. Wilshere
6. Giroud
7. Welbeck
8. Cech
9. Gabriel
10. Monreal

Hell, I even think Welbeck can get on top 10 biggest United fans base. Of players still playing the game.

Hertz

Does this keep Theo upfront? Who plays on the right? It annoys me more that we are now a player short than the fact that we didn't sign a striker.

seanb85

I don't quite understand it either. Some people are just blowing off steam from the transfer window I think.

What's not to understand?! Regardless of whether you think Welbeck is the English equivalent of Henry, or you think he's a marginal improvement on Emile Heskey, he provides depth. If Giroud gets a knock, a serious knock that puts him out for a couple months, who do we turn to? Feo? Don't make me laugh, who else? We have no depth, and that's why people are a bit p1ssed off, myself included...

But as I said to a friend the other day, I'd be tempted to put Alexis up top flanked by Ox and Feo, Özil in the hole with Rambo and Coquelin behind him (Yes, I'd drop Santi)

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Hardly, Welbeck has a fan base on here, including me.

My hope was that he would bench Giroud.

You were saying his time was up at the height of the Benzema rumours. No shame in it mate, many were tempted by the ITK serpent's cunning words.

I stood by Welbz my shepherd. I'll follow him to whatever end. A sheep in Wele's clothing he is not.

Hertz

What's not to understand?! Regardless of whether you think Welbeck is the English equivalent of Henry, or you think he's marginal improvement on Emile Heskey, he provides depth. If Giroud gets a knock, a serious knock that puts him out for a couple months, who do we turn to? Feo? Don't make me laugh, who else? We have no depth, and that's why people are a bit p1ssed off, myself included...

I don't disagree with you, it's just if you thought of Welbeck as second/third choice striker, signing Cavani is not particular solution to that problem. It's a solution, but I'm just not sure if those two decisions have much to do with each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom