• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Danny Welbeck: Dan Out Ere

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I never thought he would make a long term striker, or even player at Arsenal, but I don't see why he can't be someone who offers us the best of Giroud and Theio, I think Danny could have been a decent combination of the two.

That hope is dead now.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

"Treatment for Osgood-Schlatter disease focuses on reducing pain and swelling. This typically requires limiting exercise activity until your child can enjoy activity without discomfort or significant pain afterwards. In some cases, rest from activity is required for several months, followed by a strength conditioning program. However, if your child does not have a large amount of pain or a limp, participation in sports may be safe to continue."

Seems they adopted that approach but then assessed it and found that surgery was required.
I think there's some confusion here. Welbeck does not have OS anymore, it's exclusively affects teenagers during growth spurts.

I've had two family members with the condition, it's no big deal you just have to stay out of sport for a while while the body sorts itself out. Welbeck has definitely grown out of it.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You were saying his time was up at the height of the Benzema rumours. No shame in it mate, many were tempted by the ITK serpent's cunning words.

I stood by Welbz my shepherd. I'll follow him to whatever end. A sheep in Wele's clothing he is not.

Yeah, I think he'll be sold soon, still.

But he's a good player.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Is Campbell on the wing really worse than Welbeck on it?
I think Welbeck offers more. Much quicker than Campbell and can get up & down the wing much better. More height & physicality in a team that can be lacking at times.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Everyone who says they rated Welbz here is a liar. Just another stick to beat Wenger with. I'm disgusted with you all, you know who you are.

I'm gone.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
So how many months he is out 3 months? we lost Giroud last season for 3 months and it hurt us.

Welbeck isn't first team player but he add depth.

US_Gooner

Established Member
I think there's some confusion here. Welbeck does not have OS anymore, it's exclusively affects teenagers during growth spurts.
I had it into my 20's, but yeah, you could be right anyway.

Or it could be related to complications from OS, like cartilage tissue growth.

africe

Funny thing about Welbz, when he's fit I'm a lone supporting voice. Now he's injured it's Wenger out. Mental gymnastics.
It's the same situation as Vermaelen last year, not many rated him as a player but he was still better than playing players out of position or youngsters who have no experience at the top level. We now have four attacking players for three positions until the January window, and we knew this before his injury, so it really doesn't require mental gymnastics to not rate Welbeck much and still be ****ed off with the utter idiocy of this club.

redanddread

I've had two family members with the condition, it's no big deal you just have to stay out of sport for a while while the body sorts itself out. Welbeck has definitely grown out of it.
One of the UTD. supporters on this site was commenting that Welbeck suffered from the disease whilst at UTD.-made the assumption he was still suffering from it. However, it does seem that it's related to teh same area of the knee that OS sufferers have issues with.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Welbeck certainly has a big part to play this season but i don't see him as a long term players for us.

........................Giroud/Theo
Alexis/Campbell..... Özil...... Ox/Ramsey
....Coquelin/Flamteta..... Cazorla

Injuries: Wilshere, Rosicky & Welbeck (long term)

Squad doesn't really look too great atm. Especially seeing as we've got a killer run coming up in September. We'll be looking seriously thin if we lose anymore attacking players.

Our back up ST has missed 3 whole years of football in his career through injury. Our back up winger has barely kicked a football for us. Our other back up winger is a CM. Our backup DM's are injury prone/way past it. It's a good job Cazorla, Giroud and Alexis rarely get injured. Thank God we actually have some non-injury prone players in our squad!

redanddread

It's the same situation as Vermaelen last year, not many rated him as a player but he was still better than playing players out of position or youngsters who have no experience at the top level. We now have four attacking players for three positions until the January window, and we knew this before his injury, so it really doesn't require mental gymnastics to not rate Welbeck much and still be ****ed off with the utter idiocy of this club.
6 including Campbell & Özil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom