• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Danny Welbeck: Dan Out Ere

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
That's not true. We are talking about a 19 year old, who is one of the best players for the U23 Team.
It already should be a privilege to train with the first team of Arsenal with 19 years.

We don't have a big squad depth. It's not Welbecks fault Nketiah haven't got minutes yesterday.
Emery is taking every cup/game serious (understandable) and he subbed in Laca instead of Nketiah.

Guardiola only played Foden and Diaz against Oxford - as PL winners against a League One team. We had at least Smith Rowe against a good Championsship Team.
It is never easy for Youngsters. If you are good enough, you will get minutes.
Of course Eddie would get more chances if only Aubameyang and Lacazette were in front of him instead of 3 strikers. That’s a logical conclusion.

There’s no comparison to City either. Foden comepetes with the two Silvas and Gundogan for a place, Diaz with Sterling, Mahrez and Sane.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Of course Eddie would get more chances if only Aubameyang and Lacazette were in front of him instead of 3 strikers. That’s a logical conclusion.

There’s no comparison to City either. Foden comepetes with the two Silvas and Gundogan for a place, Diaz with Sterling, Mahrez and Sane.
JC, I spit my coffee out when reading it, even though I knew it to be true. That is insane depth. WTF!

Reactions: A_G

pikey2000

Perhaps he wants gaurenteed game time at CF and we can't give him that, can see him going to Everton, they need a better CF and Welbeck on a free is an upgrade for them, no brainer really.

If its true that no new offer is on the table it makes me like him even more as you wouldnt have guessed it given his on the pitch performance, always 110% regardless of whether or not he is starting or coming off the bench.

I'd prefer he stayed but you can see that without too much speculation he might want more than what we are willing to offer him in terms of guarentees'

mug

wump
Perhaps he wants gaurenteed game time at CF and we can't give him that, can see him going to Everton, they need a better CF and Welbeck on a free is an upgrade for them, no brainer really.

If its true that no new offer is on the table it makes me like him even more as you wouldnt have guessed it given his on the pitch performance, always 110% regardless of whether or not he is starting or coming off the bench.

I'd prefer he stayed but you can see that without too much speculation he might want more than what we are willing to offer him in terms of guarentees'

I think he will accept first rotation as CF plus starts outside PL and I think we should give him that.
I think he Emery has a good idea on how to use Danny. I think he should stay and we should keep him.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
It doesn't work when you have players at his age on bench. This is his prime age and he will want to make the best out of it. Second substitute for a position should always be a young gun who will learn a lot from the limited experience he gets - In this case Nketiah.
Can't complain about Welbeck. Has been a true professional. Moving to a mid-table club where we can start regularly is the best decision for both the parties.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I'll be pretty disappointed if thats the case, I've always rated Danny quite highly but you should never believe all media reports just like that. Emery had good praise for Welbeck earlier, if anything I'd see Emery quite likely to hand him a new contract.

Jae

I think he'll resign to be honest. Great player to have around the team and a great option from the bench and in cup/European games. We're not realistically going to be able to find anyone to replace him for less than 20m unless Sven unearths another gem, not worth the risk in my opinion.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Why are you disappointed ?
Welbeck is pretty expensive for the contribution he brings.

A few good months shouldn't make you forget that he hasn't done much at our club.
Another injury prone player that isn't even that good.
If I recall correctly welbeck in his whole career hasn't contributed to 10 goals in the league during a season.
Also since it's gonna be his last big contract he's gonna look for a pay raise. I don't think he'll be worth it.

We should let him go and make some room for Nelson and Nketiah next

You can't criticize the club for being charity and giving terrible contracts, and in the same time wanting them to resign player that have been a disappointment for various reasons.
You can't have it both ways. We have to continue to clean our wage bill.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'm cool with him going if it means more opportunity for Eddie Nketiah, who deserves a proper go, and I think Nketiah will go on to be the better player (and better goalscorer).

Having said that, he's been playing well and looking a lot more confident - even in areas one would consider his weak points - and if he keeps it up, would be difficult to argue against him getting a new deal.

pikey2000

Welbeck is pretty expensive for the contribution he brings.

A few good months shouldn't make you forget that he hasn't done much at our club.
Another injury prone player that isn't even that good.
If I recall correctly welbeck in his whole career hasn't contributed to 10 goals in the league during a season.
Also since it's gonna be his last big contract he's gonna look for a pay raise. I don't think he'll be worth it.

We should let him go and make some room for Nelson and Nketiah next

You can't criticize the club for being charity and giving terrible contracts, and in the same time wanting them to resign player that have been a disappointment for various reasons.
You can't have it both ways. We have to continue to clean our wage bill.

To be fair to him, when he has been fit for us he's always brought something to the team imo, mainly work rate, dependability and the odd goal but from a squaddie that is enough, of course if he wants an astronomical wage hike then I think everyone would agree with you however at this stage that is just a guess and we don't really know what his demands are.

Nelson and Nketiah are good prospects but for me you don't chuck tried and tested out the door until you have at least tested the replacements for a season and right now we have not tested Nelson or Nketieh anywhere near enough to be sure whether they can make it.

BobP

Memri Fan
#PrayForBobP

latest

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
because everytime he put the shirt he gave 1000%, he is a ****ing quality back up, with outstanding phisicalliity good link up play and a fantastic team mentality, plus he is our player and he is leaving.

i dont get you bro, you dont like any of our players (specially the british ones) i get you like flair and tecnical quality, but you cant have 11 cazorlas.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
To be fair to him, when he has been fit for us he's always brought something to the team imo, mainly work rate, dependability and the odd goal but from a squaddie that is enough, of course if he wants an astronomical wage hike then I think everyone would agree with you however at this stage that is just a guess and we don't really know what his demands are.

Nelson and Nketiah are good prospects but for me you don't chuck tried and tested out the door until you have at least tested the replacements for a season and right now we have not tested Nelson or Nketieh anywhere near enough to be sure whether they can make it.

According to various report he's already between 70k and 90k a week which is already too much for his overall contribution imo.
I really don't see the point to offer him a 4 year contract when he has obvious limitations and his game is based on pure athleticism. And he always miss a good part of the season due to injuries.
Last summer we've tried to sell him but we didn't have a decent offer. Ask yourself why a mid table club didn't try to buy him.

I don't like the idea to have bench players like Elneny and Welbeck when you know they don't have any other future at the club and they will never challenge for a starting spot. Because then you get in situations like Gibbs, Jenkinson, Debuchy (and the list goes on) that are just happy to sit on the bench and getting paid.
Don't you remember when fans were saying Gibbs was the best backup LB in the league? He was so hard to get rid of!
Imo you need to revamp in a frequent basis your bench because if you don't some subs might get confortable. We were in this very same situation.

I'd much rather have younger players on low wages who are hungry and have the potential to be a starter in the future. Who can challenge for a starting spot à la Guendouzi.
Nketiah might be to young for this role I agree. But Nelson should be ready next year.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

We may be getting a bit ahead of ourselves here, I dont want to see him off either but this news has only just come out & it may just be to cause a stir from the media. If Emery praised him highly a week or 2 ago then obviously he rates him & he still has another season left as long as he doesnt find a deal in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom