• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Luiz: 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,396
  • Views 121,371
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
He hasn't been great, which I was kind of expecting anyway. He looks worse because of the system we play. All our defenders will. I found it to be a decent.enough performance. Unlike his fellow CB, who was beyond a joke again.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Play him as DM he can play there very comfortably too but still hasn't give up on him as CB because he don't make mistakes like other of our defense and we don't know if Holding will back in good form

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
It's like he is scared of going anywhere near an opponent with the ball, constantly giving them to much space.

Godwin1

Very well-known
It's like he is scared of going anywhere near an opponent with the ball, constantly giving them to much space.
I've said this before but it really beggars belief that the staff didn't know of his weaknesses before we signed him. He's been plying his trade a few miles away for many seasons.

Preacher

Always Crying
I'll quote Alfie Solomons:

"When a pikey walks in with hair like that, you've got to ask yourself, Have I made a mistake?"

Looks like mistake so far, but playing together with complete psycho Sokratis doesn't help.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
I thought he was alright today. Need to see more of him playing next to someone other than the clown before I can judge properly. Him and Chambers should be our main pairing until Holding comes back. When I said it before I was mainly considering the ball playing aspect, but even from a defending standpoint these two would be our current best choice partnership.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Him next to Holding or Chambers should be the way going forward. Would like to see him in the midfield at least once as well instead of Xhaka.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
All these years United, City, Chelsea Barca have been poaching our best players. Whilst we buy their cast offs ffs.

That’s not the sign of a club with ambition. Luiz was a rubbish buy. Poor window.

LG10

Mustafi might actually be the better defender lmao, he has had error free matches at least. Can't believe I thought this would be a good signing, transfer windows turn me into a muppet.

nick gould

His best season at Chelsea came when he was playing as a sweeper in a back 3. I wouldn't mind us reverting back to a back in some tough away matches simply because it suits our players more. Our full backs are wing backs, Luiz is a sweeper. Pepe can play as a forward with no defensive responsibilities.

nick gould

Him next to Holding or Chambers should be the way going forward. Would like to see him in the midfield at least once as well instead of Xhaka.
How is that a good thing? His long balls are not as accurate as Xhaka's for starters and he not getting any younger. If Xhaka gets overrun, replacing him with a square peg that is even less mobile is not going to help. Besides we gave decent midfield options.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He's made us worse and I'll hold my hand up and admit I thought we had signed David Luiz of 3 years back but I was very wrong.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Probably his best performance for us even though the free kick at the end could have been costly. Thought he was very good otherwise.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Quality today that's Luiz without giving away stupid penalties since he joined he was good in every game

HBL

Established Member
Good performance today. I think his general performances have been solid but hindered by a couple of stupid moments, not helped by the system in front of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury

Latest posts

Top Bottom