• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Luiz: Calamity Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Been in good form this season compared to last season where he was liability.

I thought Luiz was dreadful last match and today both Luix and Bellerin looked shay and error prone.

Nevile is an odd chap ,giving Luiz a MOTM for celebrating that he nearly scored a own goal but didn't.

novar

Fun performance today, bit erratic attacking wise but competent enough to keep a dangerous United team at 0-0

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Erratic but with Holding, held us together at the back. Had one great moment going forward but I doubt we'll see him score for us any time soon.

Baguette

Le Manberg Français
Great performance. His experience was vital at the back. Knew he was the better option for this over Gabriel. For the most part handled Cavani well.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Odd he got MOTM today, he literally got it cause of that sh*t free kick that he celebrated blocking.

As a whole though he’s been decent, has got lucky Southampton and tonight as he could have been at fault for conceding but got bailed out (which is what a team should be doing).

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Odd he got MOTM today, he literally got it cause of that sh*t free kick that he celebrated blocking.

As a whole though he’s been decent, has got lucky Southampton and tonight as he could have been at fault for conceding but got bailed out (which is what a team should be doing).

Hmm for me he was clear MOTM, only one who comes close is Xhaka and Holding.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Hmm for me he was clear MOTM, only one who comes close is Xhaka and Holding.
I would have given it to Xhaka or Holding.

Xhaka for me he didn’t really put a foot wrong (I might have forgotten something?)

Rob was actually the better defender on the night but some of his forward passing was off. Even still he deserved it over Luiz tonight in my opinion.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Rob was actually the better defender on the night but some of his forward passing was off. Even still he deserved it over Luiz tonight in my opinion.
Every time we'll have a clean sheet with Luiz in a team, all credit will go to him because of his worldwide reputation. Holding is our main guy for sure, and Luiz will cost us points very soon, it's inevitable. We can only hope we don't get knocked out from the EL because of him, mistakes there will be more costly than when he does them in the PL

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I think he's been solid recently, Soton game aside. He'd had some great performances in the big games over the last year. I just hope this recent run of games/form doesn't result in him getting a new contract in the summer, would be typical Arsenal to do that.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
If the club decided that Saliba wasn't ready and would benefit from a solid 18 months of first team football on loan, would it be worth giving Luiz a 1 year extension?

As in you'd have Holding, Luiz, Gabriel and Mari as your 4 CB options, then when Saliba is ready he comes in once Luiz leaves.

I'm not saying that's an ideal scenario, but if money is tight it might not be a bad solution, you'd have to spend at least 25-30m on a new CB otherwise.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
If the club decided that Saliba wasn't ready and would benefit from a solid 18 months of first team football on loan, would it be worth giving Luiz a 1 year extension?

As in you'd have Holding, Luiz, Gabriel and Mari as your 4 CB options, then when Saliba is ready he comes in once Luiz leaves.

I'm not saying that's an ideal scenario, but if money is tight it might not be a bad solution, you'd have to spend at least 25-30m on a new CB otherwise.
I can see us doing that. I've a feeling Saliba, be it on loan or permanent, won't be with us next season and it would cost decent money to sign a replacement if Luiz was to leave as well which we may not have depending on European qualification.

I could live with a 1 year deal at an absolute push but seeing as Silva at Chelsea is almost 3 years older than him I wouldn't put it past us offering Luiz more than 1 year.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I can see us doing that. I've a feeling Saliba, be it on loan or permanent, won't be with us next season and it would cost decent money to sign a replacement if Luiz was to leave as well which we may not have depending on European qualification.

I could live with a 1 year deal at an absolute push but seeing as Silva at Chelsea is almost 3 years older than him I wouldn't put it past us offering Luiz more than 1 year.

Yh I wouldn't go past a one year extension personally. Plus it could be good to have some stability, a small group of 4 players who can form relationships on the pitch. We've had too many numbers in that position that it's too much chop and change.

Think we need to spend money in midfield and attack this summer, I just think it's unnecessary to spend yet more money on CBs.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Like I said in another thread, I think we should extend him for a year in the summer if he keeps this up. Not for big money of course, but I hope he is fine being a squad player for one more year. He can play both sides.

"The 33-year-old defender has started five of the last six games for the Gunners across all competitions, helping Arteta's side keep four clean sheets during an upturn in form for the club."

""It's credit to him because he trains really hard," Arteta said when asked about Luiz's recent performances.

"This season has been really tough in the beginning because he's been through some injuries but he's kept at it, he understood his role, he knows his role in the team, he's one of our leaders and he's so willing to keep improving.

"He knows the things that he's really good at and the things where there is still room for improvement. He's a really honest man with himself. He's won everything and it's a joy to work with him.

"He's a great example for them (the youngsters). He's got a good mixture with them between some banter and then some stick.

"They all listen to him because of who he is and what he's done in the game. But also because how he behaves every day, how professional he is and how he goes about the job. He is one of the key role models that we have in our team.""

https://www.skysports.com/football/...nder-is-key-role-model-for-arsenal-youngsters

Pop Tart

Established Member
I would not be opposed giving him a another maybe final 1 year deal. Despite his flaws I like him and what he can do when on it. Good squad option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

At some clubs success is accidental. At Arsenal it is compulsory.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom