• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Luiz: Calamity Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
Luiz appreciation post.

Anyone else noticed he kept nudging Carroll in the back? Luiz made his presence felt. Knows exactly how to handle those type of players. I remember him doing it to Giroud too.

Good passing and smart defending. If he keeps it up I’m not against another year’s extension. He really does give us that experienced option, which goes underrated.

DasBootist

Luiz appreciation post.

Anyone else noticed he kept nudging Carroll in the back? Luiz made his presence felt. Knows exactly how to handle those type of players. I remember him doing it to Giroud too.

Good passing and smart defending. If he keeps it up I’m not against another year’s extension. He really does give us that experienced option, which goes underrated.
We need to integrate Saliba next season, so renewing Luiz on high wages makes little sense.

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
We need to integrate Saliba next season, so renewing Luiz on high wages makes little sense.

We don’t “need” to. I assume Saliba will get chances in the Europa league or cups and has to earn his place. Luiz gives us good experience at the back which is vital, also for younger players to learn off.

DasBootist

We don’t “need” to. I assume Saliba will get chances in the Europa league or cups and has to earn his place. Luiz gives us good experience at the back which is vital, also for younger players to learn off.
Your assumption applied to this season as well, I presume, and as it didn't pan out I would assume that the club needs to integrate our highly rated young centre-back into the side for what would be the third year of his Arsenal contract.

To save face, if nothing else.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Luiz appreciation post.

We definitely shouldnot, and that comes from one who rate Luiz and think he`s been a decent signing. We have Gabriel, Holding, Mari and Saliba. Possibly either Mavropanos or Chmabers stays and McGuiness and Ballard are impressing on loan.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Luiz on form he is one of best CB around if he not focused and not in his game even little he'll be worst but so far this season he been so good wherever he plays and that's great to see him and Mari stepped up when Gabriel had problems with covid

novar

On the weird day the corners were actually reaching an Arsenal player, he had an off day with his headers.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Luiz appreciation post.

I like Luiz, but his clock is ticking. Decent option at this time to pull us to mid table, but the league is too competitive for us to persist with him another year.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Guess we might go for one of those pay as you play one year deals. Though, I suspect he'll be off to MLS or some other retirement league.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wish I could inject his interviews. What a guy, and a great performance today.

Said it before, but David Luiz in big games is something special. Either a 10/10 performance or an early red card each time :lol:

Let's be honest, under Arteta, its been 10/10 in the big games other than City away last season. Great pro.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Love when the good Luiz turns up. But issue is in some games he goes on a weird phase where everything he touches falls apart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright
Top Bottom