• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Silva

ricky1985

Established Member
Re: David Silva linked

Silva is definitely the more accomplished player, but, who would offer more to our team, in it's current form, playing wide left?

Timleaf

Established Member

Almost certainly Silva imo, at least in the immediate future.

Do you think Hazard is ready to play for a club like ours week-in, week-out and contribute significantly?

ricky1985

Established Member

It's difficult to say for certain how ready a player is for a top, top club when they've never been exposed to those pressures before. In terms of ability I'd confidently predict he would come in and make a real contribution, maybe he'd take a while to really find his feet, but, it's not like we have Lionel Messi playing in the position right now. We have a plethora of players who, this season, have proven to be either too inconsistent, too injury prone, or just not suited to the role of a wide forward.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

another thing to think about..

Silva is 24.. if he signed a 4 year contract with us, he would be playing at Arsenal (in theory) at the apex of his career (25-29 is when outfield players are at their peaks normally)

Hazard is 19.. if he signs a 4 year contract, he will play for us until he is 23.. (leaving extensions out of the equation for the time being).. he could then leave the club after rising to prominence for a Real/Barca type team (sound familiar?)..

not sayin one option is wrong and one option is right, just sayin...

Timleaf

Established Member

That's true US, but counter to that argument is the fact that Silva is Spanish and has plenty of Barca/Madrid pals in the Spanish national team. If he were to prove a huge hit over here I'm sure Barca and Madrid would come sniffing after a season or two.

For the record, while it's fun to discuss, I dont think we'll be signing Hazard or Silva this summer.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

i agree, i dont see either of them coming.. Hazard was/is always more likely because he WANTS to come here (IIRC?) but 16-17m is not exactly likely anyway

Proof

Established Member

David Silva will sign for Real Madrid. I like his overall abilities and I would like him here, but I think he would struggle against Premier League's defenders.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom