• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Silva

TOPG

Established Member
Re: David Silva linked

David Silva for that price is a steal. If that article is true we should definitely go all out to sign him.

mo50

Established Member

Isn't he more of an ACM played on the wings? He doesn't seem direct/pacy to me.

If we're after a winger, I'd like to have a more direct winger than the converted midfielders.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Would love it if we got him but we'd be more likely to sign Ben Arfa :(

ricky1985

Established Member

In what universe is James Milner worth more than David Silva? This one apparently. It's crazy.

That said, I still wouldn't particularly want Arsenal to sign him. Maybe if Cesc goes there would be room for him in midfield, but, he's inferior to Cesc in just about every way, and playing as a forward in our system just wouldn't suit him. He's just not productive enough, maybe more productive than what we have, but, still not productive enough.

P_Gunner

For such a low price I'd love for David Silva to come to Arsenal, but I do think he is overrated. I would prefer signing Milner.

Czar

ricky1985 said:
In what universe is James Milner worth more than David Silva? This one apparently. It's crazy.

That said, I still wouldn't particularly want Arsenal to sign him. Maybe if Cesc goes there would be room for him in midfield, but, he's inferior to Cesc in just about every way, and playing as a forward in our system just wouldn't suit him. He's just not productive enough, maybe more productive than what we have, but, still not productive enough.

We truly live in crazy world right now. The transfer market are out of controll.

Silva sounds good on the paper, but sadly I don't think he would leave Spain. Things point that Real will go for him.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I really like David Silva to join, but, combine with SWP's rumoured move, the midget midfield department will be a big concern.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

Silva is pretty good, but i dont really think he is what we need, or what I want for the team

Floating

Established Member

This guy, although talented, is another 10 stone, 5'7" "tippy-tappy" attacking midfielder. Sounds exactly like what we need!

Timleaf

Established Member

He's small, but he's in a different stratosphere quality-wise to all the other attacking midfielders/wingers/wide forwards we've been linked to-Hazard, Gourcuff, Joe Cole, SWP, Rossi etc.

Y va marquer

Established Member

5”7 and happy to tippy tappy.
Welcome on board David or maybe not…. :)
Though better than the rumour that suggests the return of the reject Hleb?

Floating

Established Member

Timleaf, you rate him higher than Hazard, Gourcuff, and Joe Cole? I recognize his techincal ability, but I don't think he could cut in the PL.

Timleaf

Established Member

Floating said:
Timleaf, you rate him higher than Hazard, Gourcuff, and Joe Cole? I recognize his techincal ability, but I don't think he could cut in the PL.

Yeah, I do. I certainly dont see how anyone can pine for Hazard but turn their noses up at Silva, especially when they'd be available for a similar amount of money.

I'm not sure if Silva could make it in England, but I dont see why not. He's tough, both mentally and physically. He's had a very good season with Valencia and he's proven at international level, I dont think the Premier League would hold any fear for him.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable

Isn't he also a pretty direct player who beats players for fun? We only have Arshavin of that ilk.

ricky1985

Established Member

Timleaf said:
Floating said:

Yeah, I do. I certainly dont see how anyone can pine for Hazard but turn their noses up at Silva, especially when they'd be available for a similar amount of money.

I'm not sure if Silva could make it in England, but I dont see why not. He's tough, both mentally and physically. He's had a very good season with Valencia and he's proven at international level, I dont think the Premier League would hold any fear for him.
They're completely different players though. It would be like comparing Arshavin and Fabregas.

Timleaf

Established Member

ricky1985 said:
Timleaf said:
Floating said:

They're completely different players though. It would be like comparing Arshavin and Fabregas.

They have different characteristics and traits, but they'd both play as wide forwards in our team. So in that respect it's nothing like comparing Arshavin and Cesc who play in completely different positions.

As for Hazard, it's been said by a number of French fans on this site, and by some of the Belgians, that he's at least a year or two away from being able to come to a club like Arsenal and contribute regularly. Silva on the other hand is one of the best attacking players in Spain and is a regular for the most talented national team on earth. Maybe it just comes down to the fact that I've seen an awful lot of Valencia this season and I rate Silva extremely highly.

ricky1985

Established Member

The point is they're completely different players. Hazard is a forward, concerned with scoring and creating goals, Silva is a midfielder, concerned with passing and moving the ball intelligently, and supplying a player like Hazard.

Both good players, Silva probably the better player right now, but, Hazard would give us something we don't really have - that's why some fans would like to see us sign him, and are not so bothered about David Silva.

Timleaf

Established Member

Be that as it may and direct comparison or not, there's no 'probably' to the fact that Silva is currently a better player than Hazard.

And assuming we got one of them, they'd be coming in to play one of the two wide forward roles, which is why I compared them in the first place.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom