• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Trezeguet

Status
Not open for further replies.

kym7224

By the way, isn't paddy's transfer money still owed by Juve to us?

How much is that? Then it can make Trez even cheaper?

Grampus_Eight

These rumors on Appiah back to Juve are interesting.

However, I can't see Trez going to Turkey. He's only 29/30 and isn't washed up.

As regards his pace, fitness and the like, he should move to Atletico or Valencia if he wants to give Spain a chance, but he'd likely have to take a significant wage reduction.

His best option would seem a move to Lyon where he'd command a starting spot, likely win the league, force his way back into the France squad in time for next summer and potentially make some waves in the CL.

If his fee is low and Liverpool miss their targets, perhaps Benetiz would come in for him...

Artillero

Corriere dello Sport :

'Arsenal want Trezeguet and are ready to include Gilberto Silva'

' Roma-Cicinho, a new negotiation. And Barusso signs today'

:shock: :shock

Only what press say, if turns out to be Gilberto leaves I will be shocked. Also sad we didnt go for Barusso.

Trez alerts Prem duo
Arsenal and Manchester United are on David Trezeguet’s list of potential clubs as the striker continues to look for a way out at Juventus. The Frenchman has controversially demanded a transfer away from the Stadio Olimpico and has been heavily linked with a switch to the Premiership. “David has a rather high salary, so we’ll have to see if clubs like Barcelona, Arsenal or Manchester United will need a player of his characteristics,” said representative Patrizia Pighini. “In the next few weeks we’ll see if someone is sold and then that could free up a place and Trezeguet would become a new player for the market.”

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Juventus want Arsenal's Gilberto in Trezeguet swap
tribalfooball.com - June 14, 2007

Juventus want a straight swap involving David Trezeguet for Arsenal midfielder Gilberto Silva.
With only a year left Trezeguet's existing contract, Juve know they must sell this summer and have made an opening proposal to the Gunners of a straight exchange for Brazil international Gilberto, says Corriere dello Sport.

Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger isn't expected to accept Juve's offer and is likely to offer straight cash for his ex-Monaco star with time ticking down on Trezeguet's Juve deal.

asajoseph

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
Juventus want Arsenal's Gilberto in Trezeguet swap
tribalfooball.com - June 14, 2007

Juventus want a straight swap involving David Trezeguet for Arsenal midfielder Gilberto Silva.
With only a year left Trezeguet's existing contract, Juve know they must sell this summer and have made an opening proposal to the Gunners of a straight exchange for Brazil international Gilberto, says Corriere dello Sport.

Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger isn't expected to accept Juve's offer and is likely to offer straight cash for his ex-Monaco star with time ticking down on Trezeguet's Juve deal.

Damn straight too.

Don't know why we'd give them the heart of our midfield in exchange for a backup striker on astronomical wages.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Valencia chief urges Soler to cough up for Trezeguet
tribalfooball.com - June 15, 2007

Valencia sports director Amedeo Carboni has agreed personal terms with Juventus striker David Trezeguet.
The deal will be worth £2.7 million-a-year and Carboni is now urging Valencia president Juan Soler to give the green light to bid for the striker.

Juve are demanding £12 million for Trezeguet, which Soler is likely to baulk at given the Frenchman has only 12 months to run on his existing contract.

Glovegun

Established Member
I think we need a 2 season stop-gap until Bendtner develops (2 seasons away IMO), and Trezeguet fits the bill fairly well. £5m is not a bad deal, but £12m is too high. I think an experienced cheap striker for a couple of seasons is the way forward. We have young prospects (Bendtner, Murphy, Vela, Barazite) who we dont want to impede, but they are not yet ready to play regularly.

kanooo

YourFriendPaul said:
You're all killing me.. every time I see a transfer related topic float to the top o' the list, I think we're finally on to something.

Why did I think this summer would be any different? :?

Well, we have been very quiet so far. I don't like Trezeguet really - although he maybe what we need as I see him more as a poacher rather than a player with skills.

As for other clubs, Chelsea's new signings didn't make big headlines (quite surprisingly). Apart from maybe Ben Haim, I don't really like the others.

Man U's got 2 yougsters with great reputation but it remains to be seen how they'll fare in the league.

DC Gunner

Established Member
Glovegun said:
I think we need a 2 season stop-gap until Bendtner develops (2 seasons away IMO), and Trezeguet fits the bill fairly well. £5m is not a bad deal, but £12m is too high. I think an experienced cheap striker for a couple of seasons is the way forward. We have young prospects (Bendtner, Murphy, Vela, Barazite) who we dont want to impede, but they are not yet ready to play regularly.
What About Eidur ? :lol:

I don't like Trezeguet and don't think this is a rumor that has a good chance of materializing !

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
if you want to buy eidur or trez as a stopgap measure, i would rather we give more chances to bendtner, save the money and spend it more wisely on another department

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Has anyone got reliable statistics for Trezeguet?

I had a look on Juventuz.com, ESPNsoccernet and wikipedia and they all seem to be massively different...

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
arsenal_hleb said:
if you want to buy eidur or trez as a stopgap measure, i would rather we give more chances to bendtner, save the money and spend it more wisely on another department
Exactly, especially after the reported Trez's demand for 90k p/w.

asajoseph

Established Member
I really used to rate Eidur very highly, and thought he was incredibly undervalued at Chelsea. He was a very intelligent footballer, and really used to play for his team exceptionally well.

Don't think he'll be signing for us anytime soon though!

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
asajoseph said:
I really used to rate Eidur very highly, and thought he was incredibly undervalued at Chelsea. He was a very intelligent footballer, and really used to play for his team exceptionally well.

Don't think he'll be signing for us anytime soon though!

the only mistake,used to.....i still rate him very highly, come on asa theres no way he can lose all that technique in one season....
your post spot on though, to me he is the closet thing to bergkamp, great technique...remember those death chips he scored against man u or his goal againt leeds(bicycle) or especially his goal against southampton where he made it himself...similar to pires vs Sp**s
i wanted him last season but there was no way chelsea would of sold him to us tbh

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Trezeguet U-turn over Juventus contract talks
tribalfooball.com - June 22, 2007

David Trezeguet is prepared to hold a fresh round of talks with Juventus over a new contract.
Impressed by the recent arrivals of Tiago (Lyon) and Sergio Almiron (Empoli), Trezeguet has informed Juve directors that he's prepared to again discuss committing his long-term future to the Bianconeri.

The Frenchman rejected a four-year deal worth £2 million-a-season earlier this month. However, a new deal worth £3 million-a-year is being drawn up by Juve chief Alessio Secco and insiders say Trezeguet is now ready to commit his future to the Turin giants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom