• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Via ****ter, Graham Hunter talking about Villa - 20 minutes in
<a class="postlink" href="http://sofafootball.com/podcast-2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sofafootball.com/podcast-2/</a>

- Says there's an offer from Arsenal to Villa
- Says Villa's agents have been to Sp**s and were impressed with AVB
- Says Villa not sure about Sp**s because of them not playing CL football
- Says Sp**s would pay him more than Arsenal
- Says Barcelona want 14M Euros ( :lol: )
- Says Wenger is a slow mover in the transfer market
- Says Liverpool and A.Madrid want him
- Says Villa wants to try English football
- Says Villa has said in past Arsenal is his favourite club outside Spain and enjoyed the atmosphere at the Emirates when he played against us.

GDeep™

League is very weak
My stance remains the same - Im fine with Villa as long as we sign a good standard 24-27 year old too.

GOONER1991

Established Member
Wouldn't be happy with Villa as our only CF signing. He would have been a great signing in January, but not now. If we brought him in alongside someone slightly younger (but of quality as well), then I'd have no problem with that, however why would he choose to move from the Barcelona bench to ours?

Vela

Established Member
If Arsenal want Villa they will sign him IMO. I doubt he is first choice on there striker transfer targets. Arsenal can offer him CL football which Sp**s and Liverpool can't. The likes of Santi, Arteta and Monreal are at Arsenal which would help IMO. Barca want around 12M for him which is reasonable and affordable for Arsenal.

GDeep™

League is very weak
GOONER1991 said:
Wouldn't be happy with Villa as our only CF signing. He would have been a great signing in January, but not now. If we brought him in alongside someone slightly younger (but of quality as well), then I'd have no problem with that, however why would he choose to move from the Barcelona bench to ours?

He might be happy to be part of a rotation system as he gets to play in his fave position. Which Champions League club is going to give him a guaranteed start?

At his age he might not even demand to be first choice, knowing his quality will get him more than his fair share of games.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Lets see what will happen with Higuain deal if we fail to get him i think then Villa is Wenger plan b.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Villa wouldn't be coming here to sit on any bench. If we sign him, he will be our main striker signing and we will have failed to get some other targets. I think people are underrating him a bit too - Villa would still comfortably score 20+ here for a couple of seasons.

TheCourier

He's just too old. If wenger is doing what I think he is he has now a core of 6 young guns coming up with experience laced in. Take Higuin and fellani both 25 and you see a pattern. Villa is 31+ and in my eyes past it. Sorry if the guy can't score in a barca team with the midfield they have this season then he is on the way down and we have had too many of those types lately at the club draining our resources.

Leave him

MDGoonah41

Established Member
fabo said:
Villa wouldn't be coming here to sit on any bench. If we sign him, he will be our main striker signing and we will have failed to get some other targets. I think people are underrating him a bit too - Villa would still comfortably score 20+ here for a couple of seasons.

youre such a waffler. one week hes over the hill and not worth anything close to what they want. the next week, everyone else underrates him and you think he'd still be great for us.

make up your mind

fabo

6.51 / 10
He's overpriced at > 10m, and he's declining/doesn't have many seasons left at the top. But the way people are talking like he's done already - Giroud, Chamakh and Bendtner can get double figures as an Arsenal striker. Wenger would not have him running up and down the left wing like Barcelona do. If Villa plays as CF for us next season, he comfortably gets 20+ goals.

No way we buy Villa + another striker though. Or Rooney, or Cesc.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
THunter said:
Via ****ter, Graham Hunter talking about Villa - 20 minutes in
<a class="postlink" href="http://sofafootball.com/podcast-2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sofafootball.com/podcast-2/</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- Says there's an offer from Arsenal to Villa
- Says Villa's agents have been to Sp**s and were impressed with AVB
- Says Villa not sure about Sp**s because of them not playing CL football
- Says Sp**s would pay him more than Arsenal
- Says Barcelona want 14M Euros ( :lol: )
- Says Wenger is a slow mover in the transfer market
- Says Liverpool and A.Madrid want him
- Says Villa wants to try English football
- Says Villa has said in past Arsenal is his favourite club outside Spain and enjoyed the atmosphere at the Emirates when he played against us.

I wanted to believe until I looked over the name Graham Hunter

k24bfan

Villa ain't moving anywhere if he stands on the belief he wants to retain his 11 million yearly salary which I believe is third highest in Barcelona. No one is going to pay a 31-32 year old 11 mil a year. He's going to milk that contract.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
k24bfan said:
Villa ain't moving anywhere if he stands on the belief he wants to retain his 11 million yearly salary which I believe is third highest in Barcelona. No one is going to pay a 31-32 year old 11 mil a year. He's going to milk that contract.

I thought he was on 120k, he'd probably take a 100k x 3years over a 120k x 1 year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom